Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2015 Master's 50 class milestone

Default 2015 Master's 50 class milestone

Lets try this one more time. I will be 50 come June, and would love to celebrate by attaining a personal best this year.
    I have kept my weight at between 220 and 230 all year and from what I have been told I am carrying around some quality muscle.
    But as you all know, how you look in the gym and on stage are two different animals. I will be posting photos at random times.
    Well, let's have some fun being fit at 50! Any encouragement is welcomed LOL

Update. A few days after I posted BOOM! Rotator cuff injury! It felt like someone was putting a knife in my back between my shoulder blade.
    Three friggin weeks on pain killers and felxall. Never felt such horrible pain!! But I just sucked it up and focused on lower body, cardio, and some isolation
    movements for arms. Couldn't do chest back or shoulders at all. But been back for 5 weeks, and feel real good!!

Keeping reps between 12 and 20 and getting amazing pumps. Saw a good Rich Piana video where he was talking about growing with high reps. It's working so far. Will post pics as I get closer.

Best of luck mate, keep us posted!

You doing your own diet?

Best of luck, keep us updated!
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    Best of luck mate, keep us posted!

You doing your own diet?
    Yes I'm doing my own diet but open to advice.
    I work full time 9-10 Hrs per day.

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

If you have a real Rotator cuff injury you will be out of the gym for 6-12 months. Good luck.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Quote Originally Posted by mkris7 View Post
    Yes I'm doing my own diet but open to advice.
    I work full time 9-10 Hrs per day.
    It's rough working full time and dieting man, I competed september 2013 while I was in my old job where I worked in a coal mine, 12 hour days and nights with an hours travel each way...it sucked dick hard.

Best advice I could give you is to pre prepare ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!

I also bought my own treadmill which allowed me to do my cardio immediately when I woke and not waste time travelling to and from the gym, I couldn't have done it without this.

Luckily had a gym on my way to/from work as well.

What do you do for work mate?

First thing i will do when i get to my new apartment is to buy treadmill, will save me load of time.
    Prepare everything.
    My diet is pretty simple right now
    Meal
    Shake
    Meal
    Shake
    Meal
    Meal

And a post workout shake.
    After morning cardio I go home eat my 1st meal than prepare the 3 meals for the rest of the day and the 1st meal for tomorrow. How you do it doesn't really matter just stick to the same routine and following whatever you will be doing will be easy.
    best of luck though
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    It's rough working full time and dieting man, I competed september 2013 while I was in my old job where I worked in a coal mine, 12 hour days and nights with an hours travel each way...it sucked dick hard.

Best advice I could give you is to pre prepare ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING!

I also bought my own treadmill which allowed me to do my cardio immediately when I woke and not waste time travelling to and from the gym, I couldn't have done it without this.

Luckily had a gym on my way to/from work as well.

What do you do for work mate?
    My thoughts exactly, prepare, prepare, prepare!. I work swing shift for child protection services start at 1pm and dont
    Get home till about 11pm. I bought a lifecycle for the house.
    Thanks for the support.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    If you have a real Rotator cuff injury you will be out of the gym for 6-12 months. Good luck.
    Well doc said pulled muscle, the trainer at the gym said Rotator cuff. All I know is for three weeks I never felt such bad pain right under my shoulder blade. It was bloody turtore! Couldn't even reach without feeling like a knife was in my back......but all better now, thank god,

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mkris7 View Post
    Well doc said pulled muscle, the trainer at the gym said Rotator cuff. All I know is for three weeks I never felt such bad pain right under my shoulder blade. It was bloody turtore! Couldn't even reach without feeling like a knife was in my back......but all better now, thank god,
    That is great news, make sure to heal, do not push it till you are sure you have recovered.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

How is your prep going man?
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!