Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MD 101: Steve Kuclo On Squats

Default MD 101: Steve Kuclo On Squats

Well, what can say? Steve's got it right. Nobody is build the same way. When I do squats, I focus on form instead of weight. I like to go deep 'ass to the grass'. But while I get older (47), the knees getting a bit sensitive due to to my profession. The so called 'mile age'.
    But to me it will always be 'the mother of all exercises'.
    A forum without humor is like a gym without Iron.

For me i have to have a wide stance when i squat or i feel it too much in my back, also the stance allows me to go super low to the ground.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

It seems like none of the pros today squat with a close stance like platz and demayo did and both obviously have unbeatable leg development when ever I see the pros of today they squat wide it's definitely just ass and hamstrings when you squat that wide I don't care what kind of mind to muscle connection you have

pros and cons with both wide and narrow foot stance when squatting...I rather leave the narrow stance for leg presses
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    pros and cons with both wide and narrow foot stance when squatting...I rather leave the narrow stance for leg presses
    What would be the cons with a more narrow stance if your a bodybuilder? Youll hit more quads and less glutes and hamstrings ? If your squatting for quad development and can't squat with a more narrow stance that means you have to keep practicing, stretching etc... Till you can get it, now if you can't squat narrow people just squat super wide cause its super comfortable I think its lazyness

Quote Originally Posted by jcuadrado06 View Post
    What would be the cons with a more narrow stance if your a bodybuilder? Youll hit more quads and less glutes and hamstrings ? If your squatting for quad development and can't squat with a more narrow stance that means you have to keep practicing, stretching etc... Till you can get it, now if you can't squat narrow people just squat super wide cause its super comfortable I think its lazyness
    cons squatting with a narrow stance are (1) more stress on the knees, (2) more stress on the lower back, (3) shorter ROM, and (4) less stability
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    cons squatting with a narrow stance are (1) more stress on the knees, (2) more stress on the lower back, (3) shorter ROM, and (4) less stability
    That all depends on the individual and what there body can tolerate

That all depends on the individual and what there body can tolerate
    sure...I do agree narrow stance hits more of the quads, but I dont think you cant get the same type of result from using narrrow stance on leg press machine where you dont risk lower back or knee injury, dont have to worry so much about balance and can strictly focus on hammering outer quads
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Platz did ass to the grass with a narrow stance so there goes ROM for you, if your knees hurt your forms most likely off, no one masters a technique over night it takes time and effort m before you just oh shit Ill just squat wide it feels better and I'm a bitch, just think platz demayo best legs ever both squat close

Platz did ass to the grass with a narrow stance so there goes ROM for you, if your knees hurt your forms most likely off, no one masters a technique over night it takes time and effort m before you just oh shit Ill just squat wide it feels better and I'm a bitch, just think platz demayo best legs ever both squat close
    you really think that knee pain from squatting too narrow is simply a matter of mastering proper technique?
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Knees bending inward instead outward, toes not being pointed outward knees moving forward, preexisting knee issues I mean come on how many people all have knee pain rocky
    Last edited by jcuadrado06; December 11th, 2014 at 09:01 AM.

Knees bending inward instead outward, preexisting knee issues I mean come on how many people all have knee pain rocky
    It is more of a matter of "torque" than learning technique...the closer your feet when sqyatting the more torque on the knees...Some folks might have more resistant ligaments and tendons and can handle more torque, but that does not change basic mechanics...For example, some people to a degree can do hack squats pushing through their toes and not feel any discomfort, while some others need to always push through the ball of their feet or they immediatelly feel knee pain...not about technique at all
    JESUS THE CHRIST

I feel knee pain if my toes are pointed out so what's that mean about torque ? You sound like you went to knee college

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    if someone has that much knee pain they are not squating heavy,if at all, anyway
    Definitely

Jay Cutler also said that he used to try to imitate the way that demayo used to squat with a close stance and a 2 by 4 underneath his heels and once again Jay Cutler has some of the best quads ever so there you go you got platz Jay Cutler and pauld demayo all squatted with the same Foot stance and all have superior quad development it's too much of a coincidence

Jay Cutler also said that he used to try to imitate the way that demayo used to squat with a close stance and a 2 by 4 underneath his heels and once again Jay Cutler has some of the best quads ever so there you go you got platz Jay Cutler and pauld demayo all squatted with the same Foot stance and all have superior quad development it's too much of a coincidence
    I dont deny what those 3 gentlemen accomplished by squatting with a close stance, that was not what I was trying to get across
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast