Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Chris Cormier Interview on the Bodybuilding Legends Show

Default Chris Cormier Interview on the Bodybuilding Legends Show

John Hansen interviews Chris "The Real Deal" Cormier for the first episode of The Bodybuilding Legends Show. One of the best professional bodybuilders of the 1990's, Chris talks about his rise in the sport of bodybuilding to become one of the best in the world, his friendship and rivalry with training partner Flex Wheeler, some of the close contest decisions in his bodybuilding career, his run-in with Mike Tyson at a night club and his brutal training sessions with Dorian Yates. http://www.floridaphysique.com/#!Bod...0Cormier/c18n6
    Attached Images Attached Images

Good stuff.. forgot that he won 4 Ironman shows and 6 2nd place Mr. O's..

Mike Katz interview should be interesting..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

I loved the Mike Tyson story. Chris had a great career in bodybuilding and he was one of the best physiques in probably the toughest era of the sport.

Very good video John....keep 'em coming.

Great video can't wait for more

Thank you guys! I'm really excited about doing this show and interviewing some more of the legends of Bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Thank you so much for this John - Chris is one of the most genuine guys in the sport and has been there during the best days. I could listen to his stories on end.. and you can tell he truly loves and lives it to this day.

Who is next?

ps - add a backdrop curtain or something to your interview area.. I know it's a small thing byt the switches behind Chris make it appear a bit on the amateur side.
    Thank you! I am planning on interviewing Mike Katz for the next show. I want to alternate between bodybuilders from the '70's, '80's and '90's. Yes, I hear you about the background. We're working on making that better along with having the show on Podcast as well.

Awesome! Mike Katz will be a real treat.. stories from Arnold's days are classic!

Would be real cool to hear stories about him visiting Golds, hanging out with Arnold and Franco and maybe some stories from Pretoria South Africa with the 75 Olympia we haven't heard yet!
    Absolutely! Mike trained with Arnold a lot during those days so I'm sure he has some great stories. He also competed against Louie and Waller in the '74 Universe and Mike appeared in both the book and movie "Pumping Iron".

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    Good stuff.. forgot that he won 4 Ironman shows and 6 2nd place Mr. O's..

Mike Katz interview should be interesting..
    I'll be interviewing Mike this week. I have a lot of "Pumping Iron" questions to ask him.

You know your facts. I also read the pumping iron book, and it's a great read following the 74 Universe. I believe this was the motivation for the Pumping Iron movie afterwards.
    Yes, Charles Gaines wrote the book (excellent read!) and George Butler took the pictures. Gaines wasn't involved too much with the movie but Butler directed it. The book covered the '72 Universe in Baghdad and the '73 Olympia in New York while the movie covered the '75 Universe and Olympia in South Africa.

I really enjoyed the interview. thank you. Chris is one of my all time favorites. He had a very awesome physique. Flow, symmetry, size and balance. While he had a classical physique, he had a very powerful looking physique as well. I personally prefer his look over Kevin and Flex. He was also very strong. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
    I really enjoyed the interview. thank you. Chris is one of my all time favorites. He had a very awesome physique. Flow, symmetry, size and balance. While he had a classical physique, he had a very powerful looking physique as well. I personally prefer his look over Kevin and Flex. He was also very strong. Thanks again.
    Awesome, glad you liked it! Here's a couple pics of Chris from my friend John Corlett at the 1999 Mr. Olympia. This was Chris's greatest condition according to him.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great interview, would have had Cormier over Wheeler in '99

Behemoth

One of the greats!