Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next MD Cover: Dorian: Shocking Report: Steroids Big Fat Lies, No Bull Truth. Unsensored!

Default Next MD Cover: Dorian: Shocking Report: Steroids Big Fat Lies, No Bull Truth. Unsensored!

Six-time Mr. Olympia Dorian Yates was given the nickname “the Shadow” by MD’s Peter McGough in 1986 because his massive physique would cast a shadow over his competitors, and also because Dorian always kept in the shadows he wasn’t like other up-and-coming competitors who would attend every large bodybuilding show to network and schmooze with people in the industry; he was never seen unless he was competing. There was an element of mystery about Dorian: he didn’t say a lot, so he always kept the other competitors guessing what was going on inside his head – and what were the machinations behind Dorian’s enduring dominance.

Fans of Dorian and other iconic bodybuilders have also wondered about the amount of PEDs (performance-enhancing drugs) used by pros who reached the heights of competitive success. In this month’s MD, Dorian Yates bravely comes forward to set the record straight in an exclusive MD round table with the top three muscle legends of the 90’s – Dorian Yates, Shawn Ray, and Kevin Levrone – in Part 1 of a ground breaking, MD exclusive “The Real Dope on Bodybuilding!”

When it comes to the stacks used by some of the biggest pros used by some of the biggest pros in professional bodybuilding, there is a ton of lies and misinformation published on the internet. “the cycles I have seen posted that I supposedly did – they were all bullshit. Who knows what I used? Even my wife at times didn’t,” Dorian tells MD’s Ron Harris.

Dorian’s steroid use is explored in greater detail by Daniel Gwartney, M.D. in this month’s Fat Attack column, “The Dorian Era: the science behind the stack”. What may surprise many readers is that Dorian’s drug use, as well as Kevin Levrone’s and Shawn Ray’s was much simpler and more rational than the “more is better” and “anything goes” attitude espoused by those who accomplished much less. The fact that Dorian has conveyed many of the tools used to achieve a physique with extremely low body fat is all the more impressive because he did so while retaining a superior amount of lean mass in comparison to most of his challengers.

Bodybuilders like Dorian Yates, as well as millions of men who pound the iron in gyms around the world, know the importance of setting goals and having a plan of action to meet those goals. “If you fail to plan, you plan to fail” is an unwritten law of bodybuilding muscle.

The rest of the book is packed to the binder as usual – with all the latest cutting-edge research on training, nutrition, fat loss, and drugs. And information on bodybuilding by the industry experts and insiders who make it all happen. This month’s issue is one of our best ever! See you next month with another great issue, our 2015 Arnold Classic Preview and training camp plus exclusive interview with the man who made the Arnold Classic possible Arnold Schwarzenegger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Steve Blechman, Publisher/Editor-in-Chief
    Facebook Twitter Instagram

In before "I only did 250 mg of test, 200 deca and precontest 50 mg winny ed"

Well looking forward to it anyway

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

BMC approved
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

I look forward to it dropping on my London doormat.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    In before "I only did 250 mg of test, 200 deca and precontest 50 mg winny ed"

Well looking forward to it anyway
    It was a nice article, but yea it was basically a contest over who used the least. I am NOT saying anyone was dishonest though. I love seeing these things discussed in the magazine and I can't wait for part 2 next month. Great issue and thanks to Dorian, Levrone, and Ray for talking about it.

They seem to be "coming clean" though theres still no way to verify. Still a somewhat interesting read.

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    They seem to be "coming clean" though theres still no way to verify. Still a somewhat interesting read.
    I don't see why a retired former champ would need to lie. The trouble is most people with rubbish genetics will say he lying whatever he says. What most of these people need to comprehend is that they could look better on half their dose if they ate like Dorian and had the same commitment to training and the bodybuilding lifestyle.

Looking forward to this.
    Dorian, Shawn, Kevin have all been frank about their drug use and I love the revelations. For years Lee Priest and Paul Dillet have also attested to the fact that they did much smaller quantities and cycles than most assumed. I for one believe them all... and I appreciate their honesty.
    I hope this starts a trend and names like Haney, Labrada, Cormier, Coleman and many others come forward with their cycles.

How many pages? I hope it's not newsletter-edition again...

Quote Originally Posted by habo View Post
    How many pages? I hope it's not newsletter-edition again...
    This issue is longer than the one before it, and the one we just wrapped is longer than that one. Pages are coming back.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Lee Priest did very small amounts of winstrol and primo and maybe a shot a deca a week...no test either (enan, prop, or susp)
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

That cover is sick!!

Quote Originally Posted by d-nutz View Post
    that cover is sick!!
    shawn, kevin, even flex wheeler..none could stop him at his best
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Great cover!
    Real men deadlift.

Awesome cover!

He would have beaten Heath with that physique. Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    He would have beaten Heath with that physique. Awesome.
    It would be amazing to see Ronnie, Dorian, and Heath in their primes competing against each other.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast