Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier : who takes it and why?

Any way to watch online?

Quote Originally Posted by mfarleypt View Post
    Any way to watch online?
    firstrowsports.eu

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    firstrowsports.eu
    Thank you sir

lame fight, Cormier could be two weight classes less. get in shape homie!

DC looked like he gave up mid fight. Lackluster after all the hype!
    ‎"You have to do what others won't, to achieve what others don't" ~ Iron Mike Tyson

Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    lame fight, Cormier could be two weight classes less. get in shape homie!
    It was very unimpressive. The first 3 rounds were good I had it 2-1 Cormier going into the 4th round but Cormier gassed really bad at the middle of the 3rd and the 4rth he dominated 5th round was crap just a bunch of clinching. But i have respect for Jones he's a beast. One more win against Gustaffson or Anthony Johnson and he is the best fighter of all time surpassing Anderson Silva.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyOf1 View Post
    DC looked like he gave up mid fight. Lackluster after all the hype!
    He didnt give up he gassed.

Quote Originally Posted by LongJourney Los View Post
    He didnt give up he gassed.
    He got gassed because he's not in the shape to be a world class champion so in away he gave up before the fight started

not saying he's still not a badass Imagine him 30lbs less and conditioned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    DC imployed the only strategy he could, try to pressure Jon and hope he could keep the pace.
    but he actually did more then i thought he would and showed alot of guts against the champ.
    Jones was to athletic and more skilled all around
    school is out
    DC's strategy was working well in the first 2-3 rounds it was a very close fight until then but then DC gassed. I did not expect cardio to be the ultimate deciding factor. Overall a very unimpressive fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_Mike View Post
    He got gassed because he's not in the shape to be a world class champion so in away he gave up before the fight started

He's never been pushed in his MMA career so the lack of championship round experience and the lack of adversity he has faced ultimately beat him tonight. But I mean he was fighting Jon Jones so everything anyone talks about it much easier said than done.

But you are right his conditioning needs to improve if he ever wants to be a champion.

He's never been pushed in his MMA career so the lack of championship round experience and the lack of adversity he has faced ultimately beat him tonight. But I mean he was fighting Jon Jones so everything anyone talks about it much easier said than done.
    No denying jones is a beast. I just wish it would have been a more trying to rip each other's heads off type of match with all the build up and hate they have for each other

I just wasn't very impressed besides jones take down, then again dc had no energy at that point either

No denying jones is a beast. I just wish it would have been a more trying to rip each other's heads off type of match with all the build up and hate they have for each other

I just wasn't very impressed besides jones take down, then again dc had no energy at that point either
    True overall I was very disappointed with the fight first 2 rounds were solid but then from then on it was just a bunch of clinching. Not much damage done to either fighter. Jones kept clinching as soon as Cormier closed the distance which was smart because Cormier was winning in the dirty boxing department.

But man was I wrong about this fight I thought Cormiers wrestling was going to be the difference but it was negated by jones size and strength.

It was very unimpressive. The first 3 rounds were good I had it 2-1 Cormier going into the 4th round but Cormier gassed really bad at the middle of the 3rd and the 4rth he dominated 5th round was crap just a bunch of clinching. But i have respect for Jones he's a beast. One more win against Gustaffson or Anthony Johnson and he is the best fighter of all time surpassing Anderson Silva.
    He might already be.
    Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude. ~Ralph Marston

Jon "the chicken" Jones

Jon Jones is an incredible fighter
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast