Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darrem Charles FACE 2 FACE with Peter McGough

Default Darrem Charles FACE 2 FACE with Peter McGough

Thanks for the video. I was just wondering what was up with Darrem these days
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Freak of Nature

First pro I ever met!

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    First pro I ever met!
    First pro I ever seen in person
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Great interview Peter!

Darrem is what a Mr. O should represent.. humble, respectful, and positive with a great perspective on the sport of bb'ing and what it's meant to him.

zero arrogance.. something the current Mr. O should learn.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

One of my all time favorites. Miss seeing him on stage.

Came across really well. Keep them coming.
    D E S T R O Y

Freak of Nature

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    First pro I ever seen in person
    Yup, I drove an hour to a supplement store because him and Johnny Jackson were going to be there. Never seen a real Bber in my life and when I saw how big they were I was in shock lol I had been lifting for about 1 year at that point.

wsup darrem Charles I f you are Reading this i have some Words for you.
    I am 30 now, but growing up Reading about you in different Magazines I didt understand the hype since you never won anything.But know I see you in a hole different way.You look amazing ,Perfect lines,But most off all how awesome you look still to day in advenced age.yOURE other peers in youre age are either dead or look like shit.You really look Young,healty and still athleic/big.But most of all you are a great example on a great black man.You show that hard work and onesty comes a long way and you seem like a awesome father and provider.i HOPE TO SEE YOU ON A MASTER STAGE TAKING SECOND TO TONEY FREEMAN SOON.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    Yup, I drove an hour to a supplement store because him and Johnny Jackson were going to be there. Never seen a real Bber in my life and when I saw how big they were I was in shock lol I had been lifting for about 1 year at that point.
    keep in mind that when I met him in person he had the reputation of not being one of the LARGEST pros but rather just pleasing physique type with good lines...Once I sqw him I was like "So that is what a SMALL pro looks like??"...To me he looked HUGE...shoulders and arms for days
    JESUS THE CHRIST

IMO Darrem has one of the best physiques ever. It was just sick from head to toe and crazy bicep peaks.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    IMO Darrem has one of the best physiques ever. It was just sick from head to toe and crazy bicep peaks.
    agree...and that also tells you how GOOD Phil Heath really was and is, since he beat darrem Charles at his pro debut...then went on for a rematch with Darrem and AGAIN beat him, all in his rookie year! I remember when that happened Darrem put his heart and soul into that second show, a true warrior
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Just shows how GOOD Phil's GENETICS were as with a couple of years of mediocre training he was able to climb the ranks to quickly.
    Darrem was a seasoned pro at the time, with a good record of top finishes and even several wins...being beat twice back to back by a rookie was not an easy pill to swallow...and Darrem looked GOOD at those two contests, he was at his best...but even his best could not beat a rookie Phil Heath
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    Darrem was a seasoned pro at the time, with a good record of top finishes and even several wins...being beat twice back to back by a rookie was not an easy pill to swallow...and Darrem looked GOOD at those two contests, he was at his best...but even his best could not beat a rookie Phil Heath

Yea, when you follow bodybuilding for a while people tend to have favorites. Even I wasn't pleased with Phil beating Darrem. I was a bit frustrated that some young rookie could jump past Darrem. All in all I am a fan that the scene was able to be shaken up that way.

I am still a fan of Darrem for sticking to his guns (another pun) and maintaining what he thought was an ideal bodybuilding physique.
    Dream big and work hard!

Quote Originally Posted by Del Toro View Post
    Yea, when you follow bodybuilding for a while people tend to have favorites. Even I wasn't pleased with Phil beating Darrem. I was a bit frustrated that some young rookie could jump past Darrem. All in all I am a fan that the scene was able to be shaken up that way. I am still a fan of Darrem for sticking to his guns (another pun) and maintaining what he thought was an ideal bodybuilding physique.
    i think that was about the time that I disliked Phil the most LOL i still had to come to terms with the fact that he is THAT good
    JESUS THE CHRIST

I didn't like Phil coming in and starting to dominate so quickly either....which made him not being able to beat Dexter until 2010 all the more satisfying.

first met darrem charles years ago at the caveman classic when i won the overall and he was guest posing, very humble, soft spoken man. fast forward years later to last year when i won the masters pro show, darrem was one of the first people i seen when i came off stage that night and he had some very nice, and humbling words for me that i will never forget. mr. charles is a grade A+ human being, im a huge fan.
    IFBB PRO Brad Davis

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast