Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Raising Compton: Episode 2 - Hometown Roots

Default Raising Compton: Episode 2 - Hometown Roots

I think the hometown crew is getting a bit carried away with this "the next Mr. Olympia" thing..

Let's just see how he fares against top competition first at the Arnold before we crown him Mr. O..

Ced, Dex, Roelly, Pak, etc., ain't no walk in the park so to speak..

and that's just first level, then there's Phil, Kai, Wolf, Rhoden..

He has potential but long way to go..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

I love it because all his friends/family have the same accent as me. Makes it nice to hear my deep hollar accent in these videos for once, lol. They are just proud of him Dave, he for sure has way better muscle bellies, attachments compared to Jay. Of course not every one has Jay's ability for size and determination, but don't knock it until we see it.
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

Nice to see Justin getting the support that he does... these 4 min videos are a bit of a tease though.. anyway, good stuff, look forward to watching the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by frankdaddy View Post
    I love it because all his friends/family have the same accent as me. Makes it nice to hear my deep hollar accent in these videos for once, lol. They are just proud of him Dave, he for sure has way better muscle bellies, attachments compared to Jay. Of course not every one has Jay's ability for size and determination, but don't knock it until we see it.
    I hear ya, they're just super proud of him, but Mr. O is not on his radar yet. Arnold first..he'd tell you that himself.

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    I hear ya, they're just super proud of him, but Mr. O is not on his radar yet. Arnold first..he'd tell you that himself.

Your right. The Arnold comes first. I've always picked and choosed my battles and went from step 1 to 2 to 3 and so forth. I do want to battle for the O someday. You have a very negative attitude. Idk who I am quoting with this but "if you can't envision it then you can't do it". So while you keep doubting I'll keep plugging away at my dream and try to turn it into a reality

Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    Your right. The Arnold comes first. I've always picked and choosed my battles and went from step 1 to 2 to 3 and so forth. I do want to battle for the O someday. You have a very negative attitude. Idk who I am quoting with this but "if you can't envision it then you can't do it". So while you keep doubting I'll keep plugging away at my dream and try to turn it into a reality
    JC, are you still working as a prep coach?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    JC, are you still working as a prep coach?
    No I havent accepted any clients for awhile.

1) I don't have time.

2) I dont have desire to do it.

3) I struggled with patience. People would tell me messed up and ate bad or something lol.

I still prep a couple very close friends but that's about all my nerves and time allows these days

Hey, I'm just being realistic and try to keep it in perspective with the bigger picture. I'm a fan too and I dig the drive and determination you have which shows just by looking at your incredible transformation over the years.. It's not a knock on you saying you're not ready, just knowing what you're up against keeps thing real. We all have goals, reaching for them is the hardest, but by the looks of it you have a plan in place that's working for you just by looking at your progression these last few years..

For the record, last guy that I paid to see that was an up and comer was Dennis Wolf at the '07 NY Pro..

I might just hit up the Arnold this year..

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    I think the hometown crew is getting a bit carried away with this "the next Mr. Olympia" thing..

Let's just see how he fares against top competition first at the Arnold before we crown him Mr. O..

Ced, Dex, Roelly, Pak, etc., ain't no walk in the park so to speak..

and that's just first level, then there's Phil, Kai, Wolf, Rhoden..

He has potential but long way to go..

You Missed Evan! Evan will be Top 3

Quote Originally Posted by jab4240 View Post
    You Missed Evan! Evan will be Top 3
    fuck man, stacked line up!

It's going to be a great show..

No I havent accepted any clients for awhile.

1) I don't have time.

2) I dont have desire to do it.

3) I struggled with patience. People would tell me messed up and ate bad or something lol.

I still prep a couple very close friends but that's about all my nerves and time allows these days

well you did an incredible job with Balzano... his conditioning was insane.. two shows and gets his pro card...

Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    well you did an incredible job with Balzano... his conditioning was insane.. two shows and gets his pro card...
    yes, what Compton did with that guy was remarkable
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

I'm really impressed that he is college educated, if and when he stop bodybuilding he can start a career in another field and won't just be a personal trainer like a lot of pros.

That really respectable justin I think that just put you as my favorite bodybuilder.

Video was kinda promo-ish and short. Left something to be desired. I prefer the lifestyle videos. Still, I liked this installment, as it showed real people as themselves, completely unrehearsed.

I admire the fact that Justin had a passion, went after it, and accomplished it. That's very cool no matter what the endeavor. I hope he's able to extend his career as far as possible. Guys burn out in 5 years these days.

Anyway, I think Justin is the future. Any guy who is close is around 40 years old, and on their way out.

Justin has great potential and is putting all the hard work to become mr Olympia him teaming up with Hany is a step in the right direction I can certainly see him being Mr o in the next 2-4 years like every other bbr he has to climb the ranks. keep up the great work Justin

I think his biggest asset is the way he thinks about things. He gets the big picture.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast