Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 85

Thread: Raising Compton: Episode 2 - Hometown Roots

  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,768
    Gender
    Male

    Default Raising Compton: Episode 2 - Hometown Roots


  2. #2

    Default

    I think the hometown crew is getting a bit carried away with this "the next Mr. Olympia" thing..

    Let's just see how he fares against top competition first at the Arnold before we crown him Mr. O..

    Ced, Dex, Roelly, Pak, etc., ain't no walk in the park so to speak..

    and that's just first level, then there's Phil, Kai, Wolf, Rhoden..

    He has potential but long way to go..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  3. #3
    Mass Monster frankdaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    West Virginia
    Posts
    4,293

    Default

    I love it because all his friends/family have the same accent as me. Makes it nice to hear my deep hollar accent in these videos for once, lol. They are just proud of him Dave, he for sure has way better muscle bellies, attachments compared to Jay. Of course not every one has Jay's ability for size and determination, but don't knock it until we see it.
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

  4. #4
    Iron Addict Bully God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,592
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Nice to see Justin getting the support that he does... these 4 min videos are a bit of a tease though.. anyway, good stuff, look forward to watching the rest.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankdaddy View Post
    I love it because all his friends/family have the same accent as me. Makes it nice to hear my deep hollar accent in these videos for once, lol. They are just proud of him Dave, he for sure has way better muscle bellies, attachments compared to Jay. Of course not every one has Jay's ability for size and determination, but don't knock it until we see it.
    I hear ya, they're just super proud of him, but Mr. O is not on his radar yet. Arnold first..he'd tell you that himself.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  6. #6
    IFBB Pro justincompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    802
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    I hear ya, they're just super proud of him, but Mr. O is not on his radar yet. Arnold first..he'd tell you that himself.

    Your right. The Arnold comes first. I've always picked and choosed my battles and went from step 1 to 2 to 3 and so forth. I do want to battle for the O someday. You have a very negative attitude. Idk who I am quoting with this but "if you can't envision it then you can't do it". So while you keep doubting I'll keep plugging away at my dream and try to turn it into a reality

  7. #7
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,577
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    Your right. The Arnold comes first. I've always picked and choosed my battles and went from step 1 to 2 to 3 and so forth. I do want to battle for the O someday. You have a very negative attitude. Idk who I am quoting with this but "if you can't envision it then you can't do it". So while you keep doubting I'll keep plugging away at my dream and try to turn it into a reality
    JC, are you still working as a prep coach?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  8. #8
    IFBB Pro justincompton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    802
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    JC, are you still working as a prep coach?
    No I havent accepted any clients for awhile.

    1) I don't have time.

    2) I dont have desire to do it.

    3) I struggled with patience. People would tell me messed up and ate bad or something lol.

    I still prep a couple very close friends but that's about all my nerves and time allows these days

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    Your right. The Arnold comes first. I've always picked and choosed my battles and went from step 1 to 2 to 3 and so forth. I do want to battle for the O someday. You have a very negative attitude. Idk who I am quoting with this but "if you can't envision it then you can't do it". So while you keep doubting I'll keep plugging away at my dream and try to turn it into a reality
    Hey, I'm just being realistic and try to keep it in perspective with the bigger picture. I'm a fan too and I dig the drive and determination you have which shows just by looking at your incredible transformation over the years.. It's not a knock on you saying you're not ready, just knowing what you're up against keeps thing real. We all have goals, reaching for them is the hardest, but by the looks of it you have a plan in place that's working for you just by looking at your progression these last few years..

    For the record, last guy that I paid to see that was an up and comer was Dennis Wolf at the '07 NY Pro..

    I might just hit up the Arnold this year..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    I think the hometown crew is getting a bit carried away with this "the next Mr. Olympia" thing..

    Let's just see how he fares against top competition first at the Arnold before we crown him Mr. O..

    Ced, Dex, Roelly, Pak, etc., ain't no walk in the park so to speak..

    and that's just first level, then there's Phil, Kai, Wolf, Rhoden..

    He has potential but long way to go..

    You Missed Evan! Evan will be Top 3

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jab4240 View Post
    You Missed Evan! Evan will be Top 3
    fuck man, stacked line up!

    It's going to be a great show..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

  12. #12
    Iron Addict Bully God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    2,592
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justincompton View Post
    No I havent accepted any clients for awhile.

    1) I don't have time.

    2) I dont have desire to do it.

    3) I struggled with patience. People would tell me messed up and ate bad or something lol.

    I still prep a couple very close friends but that's about all my nerves and time allows these days

    well you did an incredible job with Balzano... his conditioning was insane.. two shows and gets his pro card...

  13. #13
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,577
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bully God View Post
    well you did an incredible job with Balzano... his conditioning was insane.. two shows and gets his pro card...
    yes, what Compton did with that guy was remarkable
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  14. #14
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I'm really impressed that he is college educated, if and when he stop bodybuilding he can start a career in another field and won't just be a personal trainer like a lot of pros.

    That really respectable justin I think that just put you as my favorite bodybuilder.

  15. #15

    Default

    Video was kinda promo-ish and short. Left something to be desired. I prefer the lifestyle videos. Still, I liked this installment, as it showed real people as themselves, completely unrehearsed.

    I admire the fact that Justin had a passion, went after it, and accomplished it. That's very cool no matter what the endeavor. I hope he's able to extend his career as far as possible. Guys burn out in 5 years these days.

    Anyway, I think Justin is the future. Any guy who is close is around 40 years old, and on their way out.

  16. #16

    Default

    Justin has great potential and is putting all the hard work to become mr Olympia him teaming up with Hany is a step in the right direction I can certainly see him being Mr o in the next 2-4 years like every other bbr he has to climb the ranks. keep up the great work Justin

  17. #17

    Default

    I think his biggest asset is the way he thinks about things. He gets the big picture.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •