Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Client -- Super HW or HW

Default Client -- Super HW or HW

I have been working with Andrew now for almost 2 years, and he has been a heavy weight for all shows.

He is 5,8 and won the Jr USA's around 217 lbs.

This off-season I have him at 250 lbs and in AWESOME SHAPE (imo) and eating INSANE amounts of food (800g carbs/nightly cheats etc)..

I am thinking he might be in position to be a force as a SHW given he will undoubtedly be shredded, but most likely around 230-231 lbs...(just a guess).

Here are his current pics at 249-250 lbs off-season

andrewbdb.jpgandrewside.jpgandrewMM.jpg

-Matt
    Professional Body Mechanic
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Banned

I always say you gotta just go in wherever you look your best. At upwards of 6'0 Russ Allen took 5th in a VERY competitive supers class at nationals this year weighing only 228. Andrew looked SICK at Jr's by the way! Can't wait to see him on stage again!

Quote Originally Posted by WisconsinBB View Post
    I always say you gotta just go in wherever you look your best. At upwards of 6'0 Russ Allen took 5th in a VERY competitive supers class at nationals this year weighing only 228. Andrew looked SICK at Jr's by the way! Can't wait to see him on stage again!

Agreed.

I won the Super HW and Overall USA at 233...2nd lightest guy in the class.

HOWEVER...it's all about what you LOOK like you weigh, as there is no scale round.

This guy looks good, but I'm thinking he needs to come in at 225 at the top of the class...not as a light SHW...doesnt have the wheels to look big on stage, will look more complete in the HW

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Agreed.

I won the Super HW and Overall USA at 233...2nd lightest guy in the class.

HOWEVER...it's all about what you LOOK like you weigh, as there is no scale round.

This guy looks good, but I'm thinking he needs to come in at 225 at the top of the class...not as a light SHW...doesnt have the wheels to look big on stage, will look more complete in the HW
    That was my initial thought Bob..... get him to WEIGH IN at 225..... then having him explode out of the class at a healthy 229-230 ish etc.... after water is put back into his system etc....

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Guy looks great for off season! HW all the way until the hams drop a little more and he gets a tad more sweep.
    At 5'8" the dude is a beast, good job to ya'll
    Sacrifice is everything.

I'm all for coming in at your best weight. No reason he couldn't win the Supers at 230 if he looks incredible up against heavier guys that don't. Few Supers are in shape anyway.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    That was my initial thought Bob..... get him to WEIGH IN at 225..... then having him explode out of the class at a healthy 229-230 ish etc.... after water is put back into his system etc....

-Matt
    could work....whatever he goes up to, he goes up to. Might be less than you think....

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I'm all for coming in at your best weight. No reason he couldn't win the Supers at 230 if he looks incredible up against heavier guys that don't. Few Supers are in shape anyway.
    Its about WHO you stand next to....

Which was my other thought about being a superbly shredded SHW....

I'll just have to see how he is coming down when preparation begins

Which would consist of just dropping out nightly Five Guys burgers...

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    could work....whatever he goes up to, he goes up to. Might be less than you think....
    His morning weight his 249 lbs...

I do not see much body fat on him --- low back, abdominals etc....

If he was lower than 225, I would have to believe he lost too much tissue and/or too much body water.

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Porter View Post
    His morning weight his 249 lbs...

I do not see much body fat on him --- low back, abdominals etc....

If he was lower than 225, I would have to believe he lost too much tissue and/or too much body water.

-Matt
    he looks like he has very little bf left. how many weeks out is he?
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

I agree with Bob that heavies is the spot- legs will look more balanced at that weight. A heavier bodyweight will exagerate the difference between upper and lower. Although I do not always agree with Bob( disagreed about the woman's physique Olympia) he certainly knows his stuff. Bob, I first met you when you guest posed in WV in the late 80's. You were very young- had just won the Juniors- but you had crazy balance- small waist and great shape. Back then you wore some interesting facial make-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Thats what I'm wondering they guy looks 6 weeks out

Quote Originally Posted by ecjb View Post
    I agree with Bob that heavies is the spot- legs will look more balanced at that weight. A heavier bodyweight will exagerate the difference between upper and lower. Although I do not always agree with Bob( disagreed about the woman's physique Olympia) he certainly knows his stuff. Bob, I first met you when you guest posed in WV in the late 80's. You were very young- had just won the Juniors- but you had crazy balance- small waist and great shape. Back then you wore some interesting facial make-up.

oh wow.....I had to be all of 21-22 years old! lol I was probably doing some sort of Halloween routine if memory serves....

Who did you have winnthe WP Olympia?

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Looking at doing USA or North Americans

-Matt
    www.MPASUPPS.com

Yes-- it was the Halloween make-up. As we are the same age, I too, have changed much. I recall you as shy but very friendly.
    As for the Olympia. I liked Dana L. Baily even though the winner had the stronger physique I saw Julianne as more of an entension of female bodybuilding. Not a bad thing,but in my mind,maybe not the definer of woman's physique. It seems physique has gone through some growing stages to come to a definition. I could argue the same for men's as I thought Sadik had the the superior physique and would be a solid representative for the sport. I state that with nothing against the winner.
    But opinions make the sport interesting and fun.
    I enjoy all you do for the sport- you are an excellent representaive and leader in the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by ecjb View Post
    Yes-- it was the Halloween make-up. As we are the same age, I too, have changed much. I recall you as shy but very friendly.
    As for the Olympia. I liked Dana L. Baily even though the winner had the stronger physique I saw Julianne as more of an entension of female bodybuilding. Not a bad thing,but in my mind,maybe not the definer of woman's physique. It seems physique has gone through some growing stages to come to a definition. I could argue the same for men's as I thought Sadik had the the superior physique and would be a solid representative for the sport. I state that with nothing against the winner.
    But opinions make the sport interesting and fun.
    I enjoy all you do for the sport- you are an excellent representaive and leader in the sport.
    Much appreciated brother!

Yes, it was very close at the O...literally couldve gone either way...ended up going to JM by a sliver, due to her better symmetry. Both girls were in great shape. Physique was close w the top 4-5 as well. No slouches in that line up

Banned

Crazy how guys nowaday can get away with cheating on their diet almost everyday.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast