Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Creatine & Coffee Effect: A Potent Double Whammy to Boost Muscle Gains

Default The Creatine & Coffee Effect: A Potent Double Whammy to Boost Muscle Gains

Right here is your creatine & coffee effect!

Although the simultaneous consumption of creatine with caffeine for extended periods of time negates the performance-enhancing influence of creatine on muscle strength, a more recent study by Lee et al.17 indicates that creatine supplementation without caffeine (approximately 30 grams of creatine per day) for five days followed by a relatively high dose of caffeine (approximately 600 milligrams of caffeine) one hour before exercise drastically improved muscular power output during high-intensity exercise.
    Shit

So could alternate dose of creatine and caffeine weekly?

Iron Addict

[QUOTE=IRON DWARF;3826457]Right here is your creatine & coffee effect!

[/QUthatsbexactly what i was thibking before i even opened this thread lolOTE]

Iron Addict

But seriously though, 600 mg of caffeine broader workout? That's just retarded

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    My heart would be palpitating all over the place!

Think about it, you can train four days straight without sleep.

Iron Addict

Even 200mg is more than enough

If i take 300mg of caffeine pre workout my heart pounds like crazy, I have to take a break in the middle of my workout. 150-200mg is ideal WHEN i need it.
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Bogus. It's been shown creatine's benefit is minimized with any consumption of caffeine. I don't care how you shake the story. If you want to maximize creatine's benefit, you focus on non-caffeinated drinks.

But don't take my word for it. Maybe someone out there sees an abnormal benefit from caffeine + creatine. Doesn't work for me.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Bogus. It's been shown creatine's benefit is minimized with any consumption of caffeine. I don't care how you shake the story. If you want to maximize creatine's benefit, you focus on non-caffeinated drinks.

But don't take my word for it. Maybe someone out there sees an abnormal benefit from caffeine + creatine. Doesn't work for me.
    Doesn't really matter what I do use shit loads of caffeine or not Creatine works VERY well for me, i always gain couple of pounds in 2 weeks and strength goes up. I take 20gr a day though, and only use caffeine pre workout when i feel like i need it. some days at work i drink like 10 cups of coffee doesn't seem to affect the power i feel i get from creatine
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I have worked with a couple guys that swear by creatine and it really did seem to work very well for both of them.
    One is a natty guy and the other is on 500mg/wk (test e). Surprising to me was the guy on test. He feels better and fuller when taking creatine.
    I think it's one of those things that may act differently with different people.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Doesn't really matter what I do use shit loads of caffeine or not Creatine works VERY well for me, i always gain couple of pounds in 2 weeks and strength goes up. I take 20gr a day though, and only use caffeine pre workout when i feel like i need it. some days at work i drink like 10 cups of coffee doesn't seem to affect the power i feel i get from creatine
    Lucky. Imagine how good your results would be without caffeine. This is from John Kiefer:

How should you plan your timing, then? Well, ingesting creatine with large amounts of carbohydrates can actually increase retention of creatine within muscles[49-52]. Although there hasn’t yet been heavy research on this, it’s believed to have something to do with an interaction with insulin[52].

Although I think researchers are on the right track here, I actually think it has more to do with an interaction with GLUT4, which I’ll get to in a moment. Suffice it to say, for now, that with Carb Back-Loading, the best time to ingest creatine would be immediately post-training, with carbs. You can divide this dose, but if you’re using creatine monohydrate, it’s also possible that one large load can do the job.

Avoid taking creatine with caffeine, because in the absence of carbs, it can actually prevent a rise in intracellular creatine levels[53-54]. Again, this may have something to do with GLUT4 transporters, since caffeine can prevent GLUT4 activation. Anything that increases GLUT4 content and translocation (carbs and resistance training) will improve the results of supplementation, and anything that doesn’t (caffeine and endurance training) will negate the effects.

Don’t take creatine with coffee. Do take it with training and/or carbs. Otherwise, take it however you’d like. Just make sure you take enough.
    You're all welcome. That's from 2013, not 1999 like the rest of the bullshit creatine info out there.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Even 200mg is more than enough
    If you sleep well do not need more than 100-150 mg. If you sleep poorly will use more amount to train well but after not going to sleep and feed the vicious circle.

Iron Addict

I take 20 grams everyday, not just during loading phase. I take 10grams in the am and 10 grams in the pm. I noticed a real big difference since I started doing this. When I was just taking the recommended 5 grams a day I didn't feel like it was doing anything.

Last time I tried creatine i got major diarreah
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    Lucky. Imagine how good your results would be without caffeine. This is from John Kiefer:

You're all welcome. That's from 2013, not 1999 like the rest of the bullshit creatine info out there.
    i have taken creatine without touching caffeine and i can't see a difference. but maybe that's just me. I do believe though that for most people creatine will work alot better if you stay away from caffeine
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast