Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Dillet's Collapse at the 1994 Arnold Classic - by Peter McGough

Default Paul Dillet's Collapse at the 1994 Arnold Classic - by Peter McGough

I loved Paul Dillet.
    He was truly the freakiest of freaks. That shoulder width... those arms... his quads... his absolute vulgar display of vascularity!!!!
    From the front I don't think there has ever been a more spectacular and over-powering physique in the sport. The only man to make Dorian Yates look small. But, as is often stated, he would turn around and his back was just not on the same level. He always had difficulty fully spreading those lats and seemed to look complacent, even uninterested when posing. he;s also been very outspoken about the industry. Doesn't surprise me that he and Lee Priest were such good friends.
    Everything I have read or heard from those who were present thought that "King" Paul would have won that Arnold if this scary occurrence had not played out. Would love to hear Kevin Levrone's perspective and whether he feels he caught a break with Paul's bad luck.

Man i wish there was a vid for that.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Dillet never have the strength to realize the poses, because he always made mistakes with diuretics is a question that can never be resolved.

Didn't Romano say he was the one who mistakenly advised him to take a certain amount of Lasix or whatever it was?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Man i wish there was a vid for that.
    the lack of such an entity has pained me for years

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

I was there and at first you didnt know what was going on. Then he just froze. Craziest shit ive ever seen at a show. Paul would have won that show too IMO. Was his best shape ever!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

That's just crazy
    DEDICATED FOR LIFE.

This part is so true and such a great point:

He had perhaps just about the best genetics ever (in terms of bone structure, proportions, and length of muscle insertions) therefore his potential was enormous. But like a lot of guys with good genetics the first phase of bodybuilding comes easier than for most because anything they do gives them an optimum muscular response. Thus when it comes to ratchet things up a notch it becomes difficult because they have not had the background of having to dig in and suffer in the manner that harder gainers have had to endure.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Everybody alwasy says how impressive Flex was at the 93 ASC and he ws, but when Paul came out at that show, the audience just gasped
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

I was there also, he was stiff as a board when they carried him off.

Quote Originally Posted by DOGGCRAPP View Post
    This part is so true and such a great point:

He had perhaps just about the best genetics ever (in terms of bone structure, proportions, and length of muscle insertions) therefore his potential was enormous. But like a lot of guys with good genetics the first phase of bodybuilding comes easier than for most because anything they do gives them an optimum muscular response. Thus when it comes to ratchet things up a notch it becomes difficult because they have not had the background of having to dig in and suffer in the manner that harder gainers have had to endure.
    Yeah, just when you learn to deal with difficulties can develop a great work ethic and autosacrifice.

In an earlier issue of MD Dillet was interviewed about the locking up. He stated that John Romano told him to do the lasix that caused it. I may still have the issue somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnie Rep View Post
    In an earlier issue of MD Dillet was interviewed about the locking up. He stated that John Romano told him to do the lasix that caused it. I may still have the issue somewhere.
    That's correct.

Lou highly respects Romano and his wealth of knowledge
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog View Post
    Didn't Romano say he was the one who mistakenly advised him to take a certain amount of Lasix or whatever it was?
    That would be AFFIRMTIVE!

To lift a frozen bodybuilder off stage takes a lot of effort. Damn it's not as easy as evacuating a normal person, being lighter. It's a pity there's no video to capture that moment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast