Default Fast for Muscle Gains & Fat Loss: How Not Eating Can Help You Grow

cool read
    MY KING OF KINGS

Agreed. Good read.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
    cool readin' ya'll
    Fixed

Now to choose what days (preferably not leg day) in which to drop those cals to 600.

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by IRON DWARF View Post
    Now to choose what days (preferably not leg day) in which to drop those cals to 600.
    I find that the previous days nutrition fuels today's workout. So I would actually have that 600 calorie day, a day before a day off

Cool read but has anybody tried it and got good results??

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    I find that the previous days nutrition fuels today's workout. So I would actually have that 600 calorie day, a day before a day off
    I find that the previous 3 days nutrition fuels today's workout. And no, I'm not being sarcastic. 3 solid days of food puts me into optimal strength, glycogen retention, and recovery. A 600 calorie day would be enough to make me lose 5 lbs of gains in the blink of an eye. Does everyone on the forum have a shitty metabolism?
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

600 calories a day not for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon cane View Post
    Cool read but has anybody tried it and got good results??
    If you think in terms of bodybuilding, this strategy will not be useful. This strategy is useful if you think of a physique medium low in fat, but you will not have much muscle mass.

The IF is useful to accommodate the timing of meals but many people take the IF for eating junk after the days of low intake.

Ask muslim bodybuilders how fasting makes u catabolic and they will probably agree if u say it is as catabolic as a wolf knawing at ur muscle.

From personal experience, fasting while not training i did not lose strength any more than i would have if i had been eating. No wonder muslims say sleep while fasting is worship.

However, one thing that is a real positive about fasting is that u really feel that ur digestive system had a decent and appreciated break.

So, my advice, do this on non training days. And do what muslims do, fasting for 3 days out of the month is like fasting ur whole life. Chances are they had decent observations to suggest this, I've seen some impressive details that they got right about nutrition which looked like pure BS or superstition at first site. And i dont trust any of their preachers, and i mean any.

Quote Originally Posted by salali86 View Post

So, my advice, do this on non training days. And do what muslims do, fasting for 3 days out of the month is like fasting ur whole life. Chances are they had decent observations to suggest this, I've seen some impressive details that they got right about nutrition which looked like pure BS or superstition at first site. And i dont trust any of their preachers, and i mean any.
    I have read this paragraph of yours several times and cannot understand what you're trying to say.

Fasting is not helpful for muscle gains. I don't care what science says... Someone twisted this science to make it sound new and exciting. It just sounds dumb and counterproductive. Even guys on gear wouldn't fast. Ask Jay Cutler if he ever fasted while trying to build muscle. Are we on a bodybuilding site or a body-depleting site? What is going on?
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    I have read this paragraph of yours several times and cannot understand what you're trying to say.

Fasting is not helpful for muscle gains. I don't care what science says... Someone twisted this science to make it sound new and exciting. It just sounds dumb and counterproductive. Even guys on gear wouldn't fast. Ask Jay Cutler if he ever fasted while trying to build muscle. Are we on a bodybuilding site or a body-depleting site? What is going on?
    I hear u. I guess the main reason i would advocate some fasting is that chris aceto has his guys fast once a week.

And to the point that i made. Fasting is extremely catabolic. I live in a muslim country, and when ramadan comes everybody whines about losing muscle whether they're on gear or not. So if u will fast, make it very limited, it does however give ur digestive system rest that u could feel and appreciate

A question tackled by Greg Plitt in the member section of his website in detail and by Levrone on The Levrone Report. He did a 3 day fast. Good read !