Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are the Pro Shows in NYC?!?!

Default Where are the Pro Shows in NYC?!?!

NY Pro is in Jersey unfortunately....seems like NY hardly has any shows. Why is this?

Yup Teaneck of all fucking places LOL at that.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

What's the big deal? The Giants and Jets have played in NJ as long as I can remember. Probably attributed to the cost of hosting a show in NYC I would assume.

Quote Originally Posted by supbro! View Post
    What's the big deal? The Giants and Jets have played in NJ as long as I can remember. Probably attributed to the cost of hosting a show in NYC I would assume.
    Well...personally I live in the city, so don't have a car since it def isn't necessary. I would've liked to have gone to the NY Pro, but won't go to a show in Jersey

Have to pay toll now to go see show in Jersey..

Thanks Steve..
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

I remember a time when the Night of Champions was a big deal, it was held in the Beacon Theater and people got dressed up to go see it. It was a real production and entertainment for the fans.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

Not sure where in teaneck this is, but Teaneck is a shit hole of a town.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    I remember a time when the Night of Champions was a big deal, it was held in the Beacon Theater and people got dressed up to go see it. It was a real production and entertainment for the fans.
    This..
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

NY is too expensive and the venues are better in NJ!

Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    NY is too expensive and the venues are better in NJ!
    Being held at a Hotel, it's much more accommodating to the competitors as there is parking, rooms, restaurant, etc., etc..

It's like going to Nats, USA's.. Hotel venue means lots of room..

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    Being held at a Hotel, it's much more accommodating to the competitors as there is parking, rooms, restaurant, etc., etc..

It's like going to Nats, USA's.. Hotel venue means lots of room..
    The NOC was the Best! I feel sorry for the kids today because They will never experience the Grand Production that was the Night Of Champions! First NOC 1992 Levrone Baby!

^^this..

Ah yes...the age old " back in the day..." things were always better, bigger, etc

As someone who went to the NOC as a fan, competed in it as a pro , and currently host it...I can speak on it from all sides.

Yes..it was a big show back when it was held in the beacon theater...

Yes..there were LOTS of competitors in it, from all over the world.

Nostalgia will always dictate thats things were better then than they are now...not always the case.

First...The Beacon was a great theater from the perspective of being a fan and being an old school theater...from the competitors standpoint...it was the WORST...no room back stage, floor after floor of small rooms to prepare in...often having to take 4 flights of stairs to get down to the stage level...outdated and antiquated.

Second...hotels in the area were old and rooms were the smallest Ive ever been in...not to mention ridiculously expensive.

Third...while there might have been a great many competitor in it ( over 40 in many shows)...the quality dropped off a cliff after the top 8-10....which made for Looooong shows.

I have no issue with the show moving to Jersey...easier to get to, hotel accomodations better ( especially if its attached)...less expensive for the fans...most likely seats more than the current capacity of 900, which sells out every year with fans waiting for seats.

The NOC was a time and a place...one which I will always think of fondly...unfortunately..it too ended up being an embarassing display the last few years under the direction of Wayne D...the "skits" were so inappropriote, so embarassing...it made you want no part of it.

Teaneck is just across GW bridge. Literally 10-15 mins from NYC. The venue is way better than cramped Tribeca and the AC is actually working.

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Ah yes...the age old " back in the day..." things were always better, bigger, etc

As someone who went to the NOC as a fan, competed in it as a pro , and currently host it...I can speak on it from all sides.

Yes..it was a big show back when it was held in the beacon theater...

Yes..there were LOTS of competitors in it, from all over the world.

Nostalgia will always dictate thats things were better then than they are now...not always the case.

First...The Beacon was a great theater from the perspective of being a fan and being an old school theater...from the competitors standpoint...it was the WORST...no room back stage, floor after floor of small rooms to prepare in...often having to take 4 flights of stairs to get down to the stage level...outdated and antiquated.

Second...hotels in the area were old and rooms were the smallest Ive ever been in...not to mention ridiculously expensive.

Third...while there might have been a great many competitor in it ( over 40 in many shows)...the quality dropped off a cliff after the top 8-10....which made for Looooong shows.

I have no issue with the show moving to Jersey...easier to get to, hotel accomodations better ( especially if its attached)...less expensive for the fans...most likely seats more than the current capacity of 900, which sells out every year with fans waiting for seats.

The NOC was a time and a place...one which I will always think of fondly...unfortunately..it too ended up being an embarassing display the last few years under the direction of Wayne D...the "skits" were so inappropriote, so embarassing...it made you want no part of it.
    lol on you being the only one that can speak on it because..

It's a tier 2 level show now.. it's for the newbies to get their feet wet.. yup, it's better..

did I forget to mention ticket prices doubled the last few yrs? Mr. O pricing for a 2nd tier show

lol on you hosting NYPRO at a community college theatre and comparing it the historic Beacon Theatre..

Beacon Theatre seating- 2894
    Tribeca Theatre seating - 900

hates Wayne De Milla for some reason..

Chick always the spin doctor. Sorry, but NOC shows ruled. Always sold out, and it was bb'ing ONLY. Yup, different time and place, lol

Quote Originally Posted by dave415 View Post
    lol on you being the only one that can speak on it because..

It's a tier 2 level show now.. it's for the newbies to get their feet wet.. yup, it's better..

did I forget to mention ticket prices doubled the last few yrs? Mr. O pricing for a 2nd tier show

lol on you hosting NYPRO at a community college theatre and comparing it the historic Beacon Theatre..

Beacon Theatre seating- 2894
    Tribeca Theatre seating - 900

hates Wayne De Milla for some reason..

Chick always the spin doctor. Sorry, but NOC shows ruled. Always sold out, and it was bb'ing ONLY. Yup, different time and place, lol
    Learn to read fool...where did I say i was the "only one" that could speak on it? I have three different perspectives on the matter, not that there are many others that do.

You call it a tier 2 show...based on what? There were 40-50 competitors in the line up "back in the day"...most of which you never heard of...

Ticket prices have doubled in the last few years...so what? So has everything else in life...

The NOC was never sold out...most of the tickets were given away

Wayne did whole lot more harm than good in his time..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast