Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: How often do you hit the gym per week vrs doing cardio

Default How often do you hit the gym per week vrs doing cardio

Examply I go tothe gym MTRS normally 45 minutes at full speed... i run 2 to 3 days a week for 3 miles

Depends on current goals. I normally do a couple of Muay Thai sessions a week regardless. If I'm lean bulking then cardio is minimal. If I'm cutting I'll try to add a 40 min cardio session in 3 or 4 mornings a week, and weight in the evening.

Muscle Head

I get my cardio from grappling and maybe some tempo runs for recovery. Screw long distance running, lol. I only use long distance cardio to build aerobic conditioning (if necessary), not for leaning out. HIIT and resistance training, along with a balanced diet (that fits the individual) is the best way to lean out. Long distance cardio is for building an aerobic base (at least in my case). Plus, running blows! So I'll avoid it at all cost!

Muscle Head

Since my resting heart rate is about 42-46 bpm, I benefit more from using light cardio as a recovery tool, rather than conditioning or leaning out tool. HIIT and grappling translate more into the type of conditioning I need for my sport