Thread: Lee Haney on Sportsmanship

Default Lee Haney on Sportsmanship

Banned

Class act. The last great champ.

great read, thx Nate
    MY KING OF KINGS

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Lee Haney a true professional!

Love talking to Lee for MD. I actually feel better every time I talk to him, Haney radiates positive energy.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Haney was a great gentleman, did not act that way for political picture, it was his way of being. Jay is another great gentleman, i always raise the rivals (Coleman 2006 and Warren 2009) hand despite rivals had no admiration for him.

Arnold is rubbish.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Interesting. Wonder how they would have acted if they were forced to attend an athletes meeting in front of hundreds of fans and asked confrontation and accusational questions by the commentators. Also look back to Arnold calling out Mentzer backstage at the 1980 Olympia telling him he had a huge gut, etc infront of everyone. Now, will people consider Arnold someone with poor sportsmanship or the master mind-fucker playing with his competitors minds?

Remember folks, it's all about a bunch of people with ridiculous amount of drugs in their system, oil up in speedos flexing on stage for a few minutes.. don't take it so seriously.

Life is too short.
    Why would they not take it too seriously? There was a shitload of monay at stake not to mention the title of "best in the world".

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Class act. The last great champ.
    JAY was the last great champ.get youre facts straight
    A white Toney Freeman would have 10 Olympias. If I could look like anyone I'd want to look like a prime Toney Freeman

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Interesting. Wonder how they would have acted if they were forced to attend an athletes meeting in front of hundreds of fans and asked confrontation and accusational questions by the commentators. Also look back to Arnold calling out Mentzer backstage at the 1980 Olympia telling him he had a huge gut, etc infront of everyone. Now, will people consider Arnold someone with poor sportsmanship or the master mind-fucker playing with his competitors minds?

Remember folks, it's all about a bunch of people with ridiculous amount of drugs in their system, oil up in speedos flexing on stage for a few minutes.. don't take it so seriously.

Life is too short.
    NASCAR is a bunch of cars driving around an oval track over and over. Tell all their millions of fans not to take it so seriously.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    JAY was the last great champ.get youre facts straight
    Fridge may have a cool personality, but physique wise the H taper is not what should prevail.

Sportsmanship ruined professional sports. Keep it out of bodybuilding. I'd rather have guys hate each other when competing than liking each other.

Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Fridge may have a cool personality, but physique wise the H taper is not what should prevail.
    Cool personality? He couldn't have been duller. I agree with the H taper point though.

Barbarian

That pic is from the grand prix show were Makkawy beat Haney correct? I think Makkawy was the only one who beat Haney after the latter became Mr O.

Great champ indeed, but I also think Jay Cutler was a great champ and a gentleman
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Lots of these guys are great and represent bodybuilding well. Lee has always been the top of that list.

Quote Originally Posted by JP. View Post
    That pic is from the grand prix show were Makkawy beat Haney correct? I think Makkawy was the only one who beat Haney after the latter became Mr O.
    It was from 1983, Lee's rookie year and the last year anyone beat him.

Quote Originally Posted by JP. View Post
    I agree that Lee didn't show good sportsmanship for political reasons but it does show a good impression with both the fans and the judges. After Haney took 3rd at the 1983 Mr. Olympia, he and Makkawy battled head to head
    at the Grand Prix events. Both of them were improving with each show but the 5'11", 230 pound Haney was getting more impressive with each contest and many thought he should have won the last Grand Prix in London. When
    he lost, he picked up Makkawy and that picture made all the magazines. The next year, the Olympia came down to Haney and Makkawy and Haney took an easy first place. The same thing happened when Arnold competed in his
    first Olympia. He lost to Sergio and, instead of looking disappointed onstage after he lost, he hugged and kissed Sergio and the next year? Of course, he won. Good sportsmanship pays off.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast