Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Glucose powder vs Dextrose

Default Glucose powder vs Dextrose

Are they basically the same thing? I am getting mixed results from researching online. Which is better for post workout with whey?

Glucose is dextrose.
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

Iron Addict

Real food Is better

Quote Originally Posted by guruhonza View Post
    Glucose is dextrose.
    Nope. D-glucose is dextrose. Glucose is a category

Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    Real food Is better
    x2.

Just eat a tasty whole carb source after your training. Many options to choose from, I can't understand why would anyone choose a dextrose drink.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    Real food Is better
    Quote Originally Posted by JP. View Post
    x2.

Just eat a tasty whole carb source after your training. Many options to choose from, I can't understand why would anyone choose a dextrose drink.
    I have whey/water right after workout. Than a regular meal within 30-60 mins. Trying to spike to insulin right after the workout.

difference in muscle gains over 10000 years: 0.000000000000001 grams. thats all you need to know.

Barbarian

Quote Originally Posted by Supermunda View Post
    I have whey/water right after workout. Than a regular meal within 30-60 mins. Trying to spike to insulin right after the workout.
    The whey shake you're drinking is already spiking your insulin levels enough. But the question is, why are you purposely trying to do that?

Your goal after your workout should be to replenish glycogen stores, which can be done with a normal meal or a number of meals.
    How long before your workout did you eat a meal? If it wasn't that far off, its nutrients are probably still in your system, which would negate the need for a quick digesting shake. In my opinion, just eat a regular meal after you're done.

The whey shake you're drinking is already spiking your insulin levels enough. But the question is, why are you purposely trying to do that?

Your goal after your workout should be to replenish glycogen stores, which can be done with a normal meal or a number of meals.
    How long before your workout did you eat a meal? If it wasn't that far off, its nutrients are probably still in your system, which would negate the need for a quick digesting shake. In my opinion, just eat a regular meal after you're done.
    Roughly about 2 hours prior to workout.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    difference in muscle gains over 10000 years: 0.000000000000001 grams. thats all you need to know.

Exactly!