Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 75

Thread: Pre & Post Workout Nutrition: Victor Martinez Gives You the Lowdown

  1. #18
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    So you believe say Juan Morel could make good gains eating just 3,000 calories per day? That would work for him?
    Please tell me where you even got that # or statement from lol
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  2. #19
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    People with ultra fast metabolisms might be able to get shredded easily but, they tend to have the exact opposite problem that guys who put on size easily do...They often have to force feed themselves to be able to add mass and hold onto it. A task that can be equally if not harder than having easily gained large amounts of mass, and having to fast and do cardio in order to get shredded. Two sides to this coin; one is not necessarily easier or better than the other.

    There's a saying that addresses this way of thinking: "The grass is always greener on the other side...until you get there."
    My head hurts even trying to grasp where you got your comment from what i wrote.

    What you wrote is usually, but not always true... but completely irrelevant to what i wrote. My statements simply means just because someone with a fantastic genetic response got a good result from something does not confirm or support its efficiency towards that particulae goal.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  3. #20
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    im 50/50 on whether kswoll is serious or trolling me
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  4. #21
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    I never troll. I was simply responding to your post. My reference to Juan Morel was to illustrate a point in regards to your statement: "Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them."

    So based on that assumption, that most things will in fact work for the genetic elite, I responded with this question: "So you believe say Juan Morel could make good gains eating just 3,000 calories per day? That would work for him?"

    This goes with the assumption that MOST things will just work...kinda like magic.
    You are taking me way too literal in an effort to be combative. You might as well have said Juan can grow on 500 calories. You KNOW what was meant. That the genetic elite can get away with things most cannot. It doesnt mean take my comment literal to the extreme just for the sake of trying to disagree and disprove my statement. This isnt middle school and you arent a simpleton, hence you do not get the excuse of saying "well i took it that way" when anyone of intelligence would have interpreted it as was meant
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  5. #22
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    I know... that's why I used the terms "tend" and "often"... Not "always".

    As to whether my statement is relevant or irrelevant...we can agree to disagree. I happen to think it is completely relevant to what you wrote.
    A clear and well stated point is not open to an opinionated interpretation. My closing sentence even directly clarified the main point. Just because the genetic elite has a good response to certain things does not mean its frequently right, efficient or that the person has any understanding of what they did. Thus their results to not justify them as an authority. I eat pizza 5 days a week offseason and have abs. Does that make it right or conducive towards MOST peoples bodybuilding goals? Does this alone make me an authority on eating pizza and staying lean?..... EXACTLY
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  6. #23
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    You said it yourself...Get some sleep bro
    So you are pointing out that im right then. I cant fathom you even believing you have another point than to say i was right. Dunning-Krueger in full effect here....
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  7. #24
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,571
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I tried for a long time to have an intra and it never worked for me until I got on John Meadows' Intra MD...For the first time I can drink this stuff as I train with no digestive issues...In fact, I am starving about 1 hour post-training
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  8. #25
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    Allow me to help you... ^^^
    I literally have have no clue what you are trying to argue. He made a clear and stated point. In one sentence please state what exactly what he said that you don't agree with and why. Because I don't even think you know

  9. #26
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy_Mike View Post
    I literally have have no clue what you are trying to argue. He made a clear and stated point. In one sentence please state what exactly what he said that you don't agree with and why. Because I don't even think you know
    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    ^^^ The biggest problem I see with this comment is that it is a broad statement based on the assumption that MOST things will work for the genetic elite...hence my 3,000 calorie reference to Juan Morel.


    However... This appears to be a circular argument. I can't guarantee that you're not being sincere or possibly even in denial about what you claim to have meant. Kind of pointless to argue about this. We can however agree to disagree. Cheerio!
    But they will... Gear response, metabolism, natural strength all these thing that the genetic elite have and allow them to do things other can't. Juan could be bigger then 99% of gym rats on 3,000 calories. But we are taking about a olyimpa caliber athlete so we have to keep everthing relative. Juan can eat like no one else and stay lean, Kevin could grow 50lbs of muscle in contest prep, Ronnie could deadlift 800lbs 4 weeks out. All these things normal people can't get away. So what are you trying to say? They have genetic advantages that most people don't. I still don't understand what your saying.

  10. #27
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy_Mike View Post
    I literally have have no clue what you are trying to argue. He made a clear and stated point. In one sentence please state what exactly what he said that you don't agree with and why. Because I don't even think you know
    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    There's a Q&A on MD with Juan Morel. I doubt that Juan himself would even make that assumption about himself...
    Ok disregard a calorie number YOU came up with. So your telling me Juan don't have a elite response to gear and a metabolism that allows him to eat shit and get shreeded? That's all that Phil was saying. He can do things other can't. you can't take a extremely like well if he didn't eat any calories he wouldn't still have muscle. Well no shit. We are comparing apples to apples. If there are two people doing the sane thing the genetic elite will have a advantage. So what they can do isn't the same as what you can do. That seems like common sense.

  11. #28
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    Come on guy...seriously
    yes it well know that Kevin would start prep around 210 lbs and step on stage in the high 240's That isn't even up for debate. It's fact

  12. #29

    Default

    kSwoll's in a fightin' mood today lol

  13. #30
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by miles14r View Post
    kSwoll's in a fightin' mood today lol
    Hes trolling to an extent. I explained what he is doing and thinking and need not repeat myself. Hes taking me literal and extreme for the sake of being argumenative. As i said only an ignorant fool would actually think that way. I will repeat. Dunning-Krueger in full effect here.

    Kswoll you have clearly been destroyed yet cannot see it. Give up you have not the reputation, intelligence, education nor accomplishments to argue with me. Accept defeat and move on lol

    image.jpg
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  14. #31
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    So basically you feel like you've accomplished something because we have a difference of opinion. Come on bro. I gave you more credit than that...
    Come on bro. He's an amateur bodybuilder turned prep coach. They are popping up more than zits in teenagers faces. You can't argue with them, they know it all.

  15. #32
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    Come on bro. He's an amateur bodybuilder turned prep coach. They are popping up more than zits in teenagers faces. You can't argue with them, they know it all.
    Do some reading, ask around n get back to me. I know the type you are referring to and im not one of "those" i also dispise them
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  16. #33
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    I was not being argumentative, I simply stated a point that highlighted your overly broad irrational statement.

    Your immature ("You've been destroyed") statements etc. are ridiculous and make you sound childish. You reverted to name calling and claim defeat...you make a statement, then claim it was not to be taken literally, as if you are not someone who can be taken at his word...

    The only thing you've defeated is yourself, as you've proven yourself to be angry, immature, and petty. If having a difference of opinion on one topic is your idea of destruction/accomplishment. I feel sorry for you, as it shows a serious lack of overall development.
    You are right i lost my cool. I am very dissatisfied with society last few years as i have less and less patience for lower intelligence. I literally have like 3 friends i can stand being around, because they are intelligent. Everyone else i cant stand for more than a few hours.

    I clearly explained my point as well as what it is you attempted to do. Even made simple analogies. My statement was generalized and not stated as fact across the board. The genetic elite are the minority. You decided to take my statement to the extreme just to argue (and im pretty sure you know how it was meant). I didnt say ANYTHING they do works (say like eating 100% carb diet) i said most things will work for them (OBVIOUSLY within reason which anyone of average intelligence would have interpreted) and that they can get away with things others can not (like squeezing in junk and staying lean like i do where as most people eating my diet would get fat). I also stated that because of this their look doesnt make them an authority. Pretty cut, dry and simple.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  17. #34
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    We can go on a merry go round of I meant this or I meant that, it's a circular argument which cannot be proven...you made the statement and now instead of just admitting to being wrong or rephrasing your comment, you result to insults which have no validity...I do not believe you meant anything other than what you wrote with your original irrational comment...you should be angry at yourself if anyone.
    What i wrote is exactly what i said i meant. No need to rephrase. You are purposely misinterpreting it (3rd time- taking way too literal and to extreme when it was clearly not meant nor worded as such) and without logic or reason. As i said, il drop out of this discussion out of pure frustration and as once again in my life a lesson not to argue with people who have no actual comprehension. I end up frustrated that they cant grasp the discussion and their (your) lack of knowledge/intelligence leads them to believe they have made sense and won the argument. Last time... look up Dunning-Krueger effect as i want to slap myself for knowing better and still entertaining you.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •