Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre & Post Workout Nutrition: Victor Martinez Gives You the Lowdown

Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    You are right i lost my cool. I am very dissatisfied with society last few years as i have less and less patience for lower intelligence. I literally have like 3 friends i can stand being around, because they are intelligent. Everyone else i cant stand for more than a few hours.

I clearly explained my point as well as what it is you attempted to do. Even made simple analogies. My statement was generalized and not stated as fact across the board. The genetic elite are the minority. You decided to take my statement to the extreme just to argue (and im pretty sure you know how it was meant). I didnt say ANYTHING they do works (say like eating 100% carb diet) i said most things will work for them (OBVIOUSLY within reason which anyone of average intelligence would have interpreted) and that they can get away with things others can not (like squeezing in junk and staying lean like i do where as most people eating my diet would get fat). I also stated that because of this their look doesnt make them an authority. Pretty cut, dry and simple.

I thought I took it to the extreme by saying they can eat lucky charms and look insane

Do some reading, ask around n get back to me. I know the type you are referring to and im not one of "those" i also dispise them
    That's what most prep coaches say about other prep coaches. Note, most. I don't want to be viewed as trying to start an argument.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by majrminer View Post
    That's what most prep coaches say about other prep coaches. Note, most. I don't want to be viewed as trying to start an argument.
    Except for that little 500+ post 90,000 view Q&A thread (that members asked me to do) where i ansswred many questions in depth as promised not to be another "chicken n rice" thread and was repeatedly praised for it public, inbox, email and new client acquisition. Iv publicly attacked bad coaches repeatedly until a mentor suggested i back off (it just makes me look like a jackass) and every single person iv ever put on stage looked great.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    kswoll vs tp4u very interesting match up
    He has never once contended nor challenged me so no i dont accept that a match. He created an argument from nothing just for the sake of arguing and no real basis in order to argue with me and PROBABLY was an attempt to ride my coat tails and gain credibility and failed. He tried to use a statement where i said most things will work for them (obviously WITHIN REASON, yet he did not take it this way) and tried to take it literal and extreme (might as well have said 500 calories) when its quite clear to anyone intelligent that its meant to mean within reason. Lets be real aftef seeing my knowledge and accomplishments does anyone with half a brain really think i meant "most things" literally (say... eating celery and peanutbutter all day only, or just doing pushups in the gym)? I dont think so. His attempt was quite clearly "reaching" using my own words to create an argument and a total fail. Yes he got me to act a little agitated and immature, as i simply dont have a tolerance for bullshit and lower intelligence. He then attempted to use my reaction as a means of attacking my character. Again fail. Everyone knows i have a very loud personality and i can get goin sometimes on public forum so you accomplished nothing there either bud.

In the end i have to have faith in the at least average intelligence of readers reading this seeing what he attempted and failed at and realize he was doing nothing but trolling.... but as i mentioned Dunning-Keueger before (knowing so little and having lower intelligence that your minimal understanding leads you to believe you actually know a lot, because you simply arent smart enough to see the truth) its probably not the case for himself. He really cant see how badly he lost this entire interaction. He just cant grasp it mentally.

Quote Originally Posted by James Blackstone Labs View Post
    I thought I took it to the extreme by saying they can eat lucky charms and look insane
    some can

If you are going to make a statement you should in some way substantiate it.
    You're right i should substantiate it. But I did so in the intra-workout thread (extensively) and repeatedly. So I thought i would not bother everyone again

Well i did say substantiate (he cant) not belligerently yell opinions at me with broscience support lol
    Ooh i definitely could.

Quote Originally Posted by Atheist View Post
    TooPowerful4u, who are you? What have you done? Vic has been in the top spots at the Olympia many times, and has worked with all the gurus out there.

I will listen to Vic over you.
    Lol, this statement is serious?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

TooPowerful4u, who are you? What have you done? Vic has been in the top spots at the Olympia many times, and has worked with all the gurus out there.

I will listen to Vic over you.
    lol just cause a guy has elite genetics and just does what someone tells him to dosnt mean he has any clue what hes talking about. If victor actually ever dieted himself instead of jumping from guru to guru then he might have some credibility. But for that very reason that he has always had a guru to me throws all his diet credibility out the window

Wow, if it works for him it will work for me! You gotta be kidding, people act like there is a set formula to this stuff and that it doesn't vary man to man. So many different variables for such absolute opinions.

^^^ 3 intelligent posters in a row WOW im shocked

Iron Addict

^^^ 3 intelligent posters in a row WOW im shocked
    I don't think the "I'm smarter and better than everyone else" attitude is helping you.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    I don't think the "I'm smarter and better than everyone else" attitude is helping you.
    I give credit where due and not before. I treat people according to what they show they deserve. If a person shows high intelligence i treat them as such. You will absolutely NEVER see me argue with Dante Trudel, Matt Porter, John Meadows, any respected doctor or researcher, and a few others. If someone argues with me, but does not substantiate or logically support what they say... or at least display good understanding, analysis or interpretation of the disussion i tend to get frustrated and abusive. As i said i have no patience for people who argue, but shouldnt be arguing..... if you have successfully rebuttaled the intraworkout point factually, logically or reasobably id have applauded your post and conceded that you also have points and from that point on you would have my respect.... but i dont just give respect for no reason.

Sorry but you are still a small fry in bodybuilding. You have yet to prove yourself, or have any big name clients prove themselves.
    I placed 3rd in USA in a tough class and have two other national placings in upper weight classes. This is already more than the top 1% of competitors will ever accomplish in their lifetime. I prepped a 2nd Jr. USA and 3rd North American in my first year offering prep with competitors that had never won their class in a local before. Also few other notables, but im not here to kiss my own butt.... i hope to improve on this in 2015. My guys are always in shape and making progress. Point is... i may not be a top guy yet, but id confidently say iv accomplished more than most coaches and competitors and proven i have fairly well above average skills in both fields.

And before you say my genetics carried me as I have stated about Vic, my genetics for size SUCK and i battled for every single pound on my frame and if i screw up it falls off. I have a fast metab and that is it.

All I ever see from you is alot of talk and not much in the way of actions to back it up. Whether that be with yourself, or a client.
    Lol ok what iv done speaks for itself and you can look it up. 2 spots from a pro card il take it even if i never compete again. And just so i know who i am justifying myself to about bodybuilding.... you are who exactly? and have accomplished what?

You know so much yet have next to no pro clients? Hmm... They must see what I do in you...

Everytime you post it's like you are desperately trying to prove yourself. You keep referring to Matt Porter, yet I don't see him desperately trying to prove himself on message boards in the way you do... His results speak louder than his words. Same with other known named 'gurus'.

If I was a serious competitor, you would be the last guy I would be contacting.
    Good point, but thats just my personality. Im very combative. I have repeatedly been advised to stop justifying myself or arguing with "nobodies" on forums from people im sure most of you respect.... i still have a thing or two to learn about maturity lol

And i dont train mens bikini so i can see why our working relationship wouldnt work ;-)

This is stupid, Phil has left much knowledge on the board, which has left Victor?

Well, you can talk to your clients, your theoretical knowledge or with both.

The latter will be the better coach, who has results and is capable of reasoned support.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast