Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 75

Thread: Pre & Post Workout Nutrition: Victor Martinez Gives You the Lowdown

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,740
    Gender
    Male

    Default Pre & Post Workout Nutrition: Victor Martinez Gives You the Lowdown


  2. #2
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Whoa whoa whoa don't let all the intra md guys read this, they will lose their shit

  3. #3

    Default

    Im a big Vic fan, but this..

    "You have to remember that your body needs energy and a blood supply in your stomach to digest anything. And when you train, you want that energy and that blood supply to go to the muscle you’re working. If you’re drinking shakes loaded up with protein and carb powders, now your body has to basically divide its resources between digesting those and fueling the muscular contractions and your pump."

    John Meadows has already adressed this before.

  4. #4
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tweedk View Post
    Im a big Vic fan, but this..

    "You have to remember that your body needs energy and a blood supply in your stomach to digest anything. And when you train, you want that energy and that blood supply to go to the muscle you’re working. If you’re drinking shakes loaded up with protein and carb powders, now your body has to basically divide its resources between digesting those and fueling the muscular contractions and your pump."

    John Meadows has already adressed this before.
    Exactly. Most nutrients used are broken down and need little to no digestion and have very fast transit. Blood will not be sitting and digesting, but shuttling nutrients and enhancing the workout and recovery. He states you want blood delivering "energy" (oxygen). What fuels muscular contraction above anaerobic thresshold? Glucose. Intraworkout shakes are proving themselves continuously and without fail when done properly. He also wouldnt need to worry about being hungry mid workout with these.

    Victor is wrong

    Pasta is a heavy and slow transit carb source. I personally do not employ pasta close to workouts for this reason. You want full muscles and an empty stomach pre and a quick and efficient source post. He likes to employ a slow carb source, but then goes on to suggest faster digesting protein sources post are important at this same point. smh


    Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  5. #5
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    Exactly. Most nutrients used are broken down and need little to no digestion and have very fast transit. Blood will not be sitting and digesting, but shuttling nutrients and enhancing the workout and recovery. He states you want blood delivering "energy" (oxygen). What fuels muscular contraction above anaerobic thresshold? Glucose. Intraworkout shakes are proving themselves continuously and without fail when done properly. He also wouldnt need to worry about being hungry mid workout with these.

    Victor is wrong

    Pasta is a heavy and slow transit carb source. I personally do not employ pasta close to workouts for this reason. You want full muscles and an empty stomach pre and a quick and efficient source post. He likes to employ a slow carb source, but then goes on to suggest faster digesting protein sources post are important at this same point. smh


    Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority.
    Victor is wrong and you are right, fuck off

  6. #6
    Barbarian JAMESBSUPPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    886
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority


    Exactly, most of those guys could eat lucky charms and still look insane

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by James Blackstone Labs View Post
    Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority


    Exactly, most of those guys could eat lucky charms and still look insane
    Victor and I seemed to share the same opinion on INtra workout shakes (carbs one) USELESS. Even COUNTERPRODUCTIVE shah, love the pro that dare to speak their mind. Thanks Victor !

  8. #8
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Victor and I seemed to share the same opinion on INtra workout shakes (carbs one) USELESS. Even COUNTERPRODUCTIVE shah, love the pro that dare to speak their mind. Thanks Victor !
    If you are going to make a statement you should in some way substantiate it.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  9. #9
    Barbarian JAMESBSUPPS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    886
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Victor and I seemed to share the same opinion on INtra workout shakes (carbs one) USELESS. Even COUNTERPRODUCTIVE shah, love the pro that dare to speak their mind. Thanks Victor !

    Thanks Vic

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    Exactly. Most nutrients used are broken down and need little to no digestion and have very fast transit. Blood will not be sitting and digesting, but shuttling nutrients and enhancing the workout and recovery. He states you want blood delivering "energy" (oxygen). What fuels muscular contraction above anaerobic thresshold? Glucose. Intraworkout shakes are proving themselves continuously and without fail when done properly. He also wouldnt need to worry about being hungry mid workout with these.
    Thank you for explaining what I couldnt :-)

    I dont feel bloated or any less energy during workout when I do my intra workout shake

  11. #11
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    So you believe say Juan Morel could make good gains eating just 3,000 calories per day? That would work for him?
    Please tell me where you even got that # or statement from lol
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  12. #12
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    I never troll. I was simply responding to your post. My reference to Juan Morel was to illustrate a point in regards to your statement: "Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them."

    So based on that assumption, that most things will in fact work for the genetic elite, I responded with this question: "So you believe say Juan Morel could make good gains eating just 3,000 calories per day? That would work for him?"

    This goes with the assumption that MOST things will just work...kinda like magic.
    You are taking me way too literal in an effort to be combative. You might as well have said Juan can grow on 500 calories. You KNOW what was meant. That the genetic elite can get away with things most cannot. It doesnt mean take my comment literal to the extreme just for the sake of trying to disagree and disprove my statement. This isnt middle school and you arent a simpleton, hence you do not get the excuse of saying "well i took it that way" when anyone of intelligence would have interpreted it as was meant
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  13. #13
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    People with ultra fast metabolisms might be able to get shredded easily but, they tend to have the exact opposite problem that guys who put on size easily do...They often have to force feed themselves to be able to add mass and hold onto it. A task that can be equally if not harder than having easily gained large amounts of mass, and having to fast and do cardio in order to get shredded. Two sides to this coin; one is not necessarily easier or better than the other.

    There's a saying that addresses this way of thinking: "The grass is always greener on the other side...until you get there."
    My head hurts even trying to grasp where you got your comment from what i wrote.

    What you wrote is usually, but not always true... but completely irrelevant to what i wrote. My statements simply means just because someone with a fantastic genetic response got a good result from something does not confirm or support its efficiency towards that particulae goal.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  14. #14
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    I know... that's why I used the terms "tend" and "often"... Not "always".

    As to whether my statement is relevant or irrelevant...we can agree to disagree. I happen to think it is completely relevant to what you wrote.
    A clear and well stated point is not open to an opinionated interpretation. My closing sentence even directly clarified the main point. Just because the genetic elite has a good response to certain things does not mean its frequently right, efficient or that the person has any understanding of what they did. Thus their results to not justify them as an authority. I eat pizza 5 days a week offseason and have abs. Does that make it right or conducive towards MOST peoples bodybuilding goals? Does this alone make me an authority on eating pizza and staying lean?..... EXACTLY
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  15. #15
    Mass Monster TooPowerful4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    JerZ
    Posts
    4,745

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    You said it yourself...Get some sleep bro
    So you are pointing out that im right then. I cant fathom you even believing you have another point than to say i was right. Dunning-Krueger in full effect here....
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

  16. #16
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    Allow me to help you... ^^^
    I literally have have no clue what you are trying to argue. He made a clear and stated point. In one sentence please state what exactly what he said that you don't agree with and why. Because I don't even think you know

  17. #17
    Barbarian Navy_Mike's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    528
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy_Mike View Post
    I literally have have no clue what you are trying to argue. He made a clear and stated point. In one sentence please state what exactly what he said that you don't agree with and why. Because I don't even think you know
    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    ^^^ The biggest problem I see with this comment is that it is a broad statement based on the assumption that MOST things will work for the genetic elite...hence my 3,000 calorie reference to Juan Morel.


    However... This appears to be a circular argument. I can't guarantee that you're not being sincere or possibly even in denial about what you claim to have meant. Kind of pointless to argue about this. We can however agree to disagree. Cheerio!
    But they will... Gear response, metabolism, natural strength all these thing that the genetic elite have and allow them to do things other can't. Juan could be bigger then 99% of gym rats on 3,000 calories. But we are taking about a olyimpa caliber athlete so we have to keep everthing relative. Juan can eat like no one else and stay lean, Kevin could grow 50lbs of muscle in contest prep, Ronnie could deadlift 800lbs 4 weeks out. All these things normal people can't get away. So what are you trying to say? They have genetic advantages that most people don't. I still don't understand what your saying.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •