Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre & Post Workout Nutrition: Victor Martinez Gives You the Lowdown

Default Pre & Post Workout Nutrition: Victor Martinez Gives You the Lowdown

Iron Addict

Whoa whoa whoa don't let all the intra md guys read this, they will lose their shit

Im a big Vic fan, but this..

"You have to remember that your body needs energy and a blood supply in your stomach to digest anything. And when you train, you want that energy and that blood supply to go to the muscle you’re working. If you’re drinking shakes loaded up with protein and carb powders, now your body has to basically divide its resources between digesting those and fueling the muscular contractions and your pump."

John Meadows has already adressed this before.

Quote Originally Posted by tweedk View Post
    Im a big Vic fan, but this..

"You have to remember that your body needs energy and a blood supply in your stomach to digest anything. And when you train, you want that energy and that blood supply to go to the muscle you’re working. If you’re drinking shakes loaded up with protein and carb powders, now your body has to basically divide its resources between digesting those and fueling the muscular contractions and your pump."

John Meadows has already adressed this before.
    Exactly. Most nutrients used are broken down and need little to no digestion and have very fast transit. Blood will not be sitting and digesting, but shuttling nutrients and enhancing the workout and recovery. He states you want blood delivering "energy" (oxygen). What fuels muscular contraction above anaerobic thresshold? Glucose. Intraworkout shakes are proving themselves continuously and without fail when done properly. He also wouldnt need to worry about being hungry mid workout with these.

Victor is wrong

Pasta is a heavy and slow transit carb source. I personally do not employ pasta close to workouts for this reason. You want full muscles and an empty stomach pre and a quick and efficient source post. He likes to employ a slow carb source, but then goes on to suggest faster digesting protein sources post are important at this same point. smh

Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority.
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    Exactly. Most nutrients used are broken down and need little to no digestion and have very fast transit. Blood will not be sitting and digesting, but shuttling nutrients and enhancing the workout and recovery. He states you want blood delivering "energy" (oxygen). What fuels muscular contraction above anaerobic thresshold? Glucose. Intraworkout shakes are proving themselves continuously and without fail when done properly. He also wouldnt need to worry about being hungry mid workout with these.

Victor is wrong

Pasta is a heavy and slow transit carb source. I personally do not employ pasta close to workouts for this reason. You want full muscles and an empty stomach pre and a quick and efficient source post. He likes to employ a slow carb source, but then goes on to suggest faster digesting protein sources post are important at this same point. smh

Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority.
    Victor is wrong and you are right, fuck off

Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority

Exactly, most of those guys could eat lucky charms and still look insane

Wheat pasta has zero micronutrients and also has bunch of gluten = horrible for intestine... I like buckwheat or millet.

Thank you for explaining what I couldnt :-)

I dont feel bloated or any less energy during workout when I do my intra workout shake

Freak of Nature

Gnar pump

Quote Originally Posted by sacharidacek View Post
    Wheat pasta has zero micronutrients and also has bunch of gluten = horrible for intestine... I like buckwheat or millet.
    I love pasta and i will use it in the charge days but definitely is a kicked in the stomach.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    I love pasta and i will use it in the charge days but definitely is a kicked in the stomach.
    Go for corn pasta. Still without micronutrients but gluten free and easy to digest..

Quote Originally Posted by sacharidacek View Post
    Go for corn pasta. Still without micronutrients but gluten free and easy to digest..
    Thanks man, i'll eat that pasta.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by James Blackstone Labs View Post
    Remember people..... some people are the genetic elite. Most things will work for them. The rest of us dont have that convenience. Their physiques does not make them an educated authority

Exactly, most of those guys could eat lucky charms and still look insane
    Victor and I seemed to share the same opinion on INtra workout shakes (carbs one) USELESS. Even COUNTERPRODUCTIVE shah, love the pro that dare to speak their mind. Thanks Victor !

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post
    Victor and I seemed to share the same opinion on INtra workout shakes (carbs one) USELESS. Even COUNTERPRODUCTIVE shah, love the pro that dare to speak their mind. Thanks Victor !
    If you are going to make a statement you should in some way substantiate it.

Quote Originally Posted by davidcua View Post

Thanks Vic

If you are going to make a statement you should in some way substantiate it.

Please don't get this guy started lol

Quote Originally Posted by James Blackstone Labs View Post
    Please don't get this guy started lol
    Well i did say substantiate (he cant) not belligerently yell opinions at me with broscience support lol

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast