Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Diet coaches" food for thought

Behemoth

Default "Diet coaches" food for thought

What's everyone's thoughts?

Because there seems to be MANY popular coaches people are ranting and raving about ...

how good of a "diet coach" and how educated can someone actually be when they are loaded to the max with drugs that greatly help in aiding in fat loss (DNP, T3, Clenbuterol, Insulin, HGH) yet also claim at the same time how knowledgable they are about nutrition and dieting down someone for a show. With that much "help" how can one not be extremely conditioned (especially pro's?) ? When I see someone posting their meal such as chocolate syrup on regular pancakes and tons of fruit and a massive bowl of Lucky Charms .. I mean come on that is NOT good nutrition. The reason why that competitor is able to do such a thing is most likely post workout, they are extremely ripped already and are using tons of fat loss aids

i feel a real diet coach can get their clients in great condition using real nutrition and cardio without the numerous drugs but those coaches don't seem to be as popular and wanted

so 800 carbs a day is misleading?

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead. View Post

Because there seems to be MANY popular coaches people are ranting and raving about ...

how good of a "diet coach" and how educated can someone actually be when they are loaded to the max with drugs that greatly help in aiding in fat loss (DNP, T3, Clenbuterol, Insulin, HGH) yet also claim at the same time how knowledgable they are about nutrition and dieting down someone for a show. With that much "help" how can one not be extremely conditioned (especially pro's?) ? When I see someone posting their meal such as chocolate syrup on regular pancakes and tons of fruit and a massive bowl of Lucky Charms .. I mean come on that is NOT good nutrition. The reason why that competitor is able to do such a thing is most likely post workout, they are extremely ripped already and are using tons of fat loss aids

i feel a real diet coach can get their clients in great condition using real nutrition and cardio without the numerous drugs but those coaches don't seem to be as popular and wanted
    Have you dieted for a show? For me that shit food is a mental thing for me. Eating the same shit 8 times a day ultra clean 8 weeks straight is extremely hard. I can do it but it helps if I get a mental break..

Quote Originally Posted by Navy_Mike View Post
    Have you dieted for a show? For me that shit food is a mental thing for me. Eating the same shit 8 times a day ultra clean 8 weeks straight is extremely hard. I can do it but it helps if I get a mental break..
    also helps when your asshole coach says stop being a pussy and fires you up
    IG/Contact: PhilViz
    Prep:*Serious competitors ONLY!

Quote Originally Posted by Meathead. View Post

I agree. Should be able to do it or at least MOST of the prep with minimal burners and reasonable dosing (based off personal response and past history). There is exceptions to every rule and circumstance tho.

Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    also helps when your asshole coach says stop being a pussy and fires you up

Haha if anyone is looking for a coach who is a dick... I might know one

Iron Addict

Honestly if you can't diet for 8 - 12 weeks on only clean food and feel that you need a "cheat meal" maybe you have to rethink everything and maybe bodybuilding is not for you. I have dieted up to 16 weeks and never feel like I need "mental break". Quite the opposite actually. Mentally I get prepared for the diet and don't think about shit food. The more I diet the more it turns me off from eating crap. Refeeds are different. Refeeding with good carb choices, but to go out and eat pizza or burgers or whatever other crAp you might crave, not feeling it.
    Last edited by CanadianBeef; February 26th, 2015 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    Honestly if you can't diet for 8 - 12 weeks on only clean food and feel that you need a "cheat meal" maybe you have to rethink everything and maybe bodybuilding is not for you. I have dieted up to 16 weeks and never feel like I need "mental break". Quite the opposite actually. Mentally I get prepared for the diet and don't think about shit food. The more I diet the more it turns me off from eating crap. Refeeds are different. Refeeding with good carb choices, but to go out and eat pizza or burgers or whatever other crAp you might crave, not feeling it.
    i agree with this.

Quote Originally Posted by TooPowerful4u View Post
    I agree. Should be able to do it or at least MOST of the prep with minimal burners and reasonable dosing (based off personal response and past history). There is exceptions to every rule and circumstance tho.
    there are numerous guys nowaday who diet mostly on crap food like cereal and pop tarts, and they seem to get shredded, as long as the overall diet meets the macro ratio...why having a tasteless sweet potato when you can have glazed corn flakes?
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

The issues, IMO, are during the last few days. Loading, water, salt can be tricky so I do think it helps to have someone in your corner
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Haha if anyone is looking for a coach who is a dick... I might know one
    Hany is a 'dick' in the sense that he holds his clients to very high standards and is very stingy with compliments, but that's why his guys get peeled. It's the coaches who assure their clients they are doing just great and don't push them to challenge themselves that show up ready for second or third callout.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

I think Noel could dial me in!

Little Guy

There are many people who use performance enhancing drugs and still do not achieve great condition. That being said you do not need all of those substances to achieve great condition. I achieved my best condition to date without three of those products mentioned. I also dieted with Phil Viz for 18 straight weeks with only 2 cheat days. Hitting your macros is one thing but eating clean and healthy isn't just about hitting macros it's about getting in your micronutrients. It's ulimatly up to the dieter to make the right decisions and choose to eat those crappy foods. If you're blindly being led by a coach you're at fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Hany is a 'dick' in the sense that he holds his clients to very high standards and is very stingy with compliments, but that's why his guys get peeled. It's the coaches who assure their clients they are doing just great and don't push them to challenge themselves that show up ready for second or third callout.
    exact reason i do it.... but again screening helps me weed out the complainers. every single client i have takes the challenge and steps up. also why i dont work with women (id prob make them cry lol)

Quote Originally Posted by mchar1es View Post
    There are many people who use performance enhancing drugs and still do not achieve great condition. That being said you do not need all of those substances to achieve great condition. I achieved my best condition to date without three of those products mentioned. I also dieted with Phil Viz for 18 straight weeks with only 2 cheat days. Hitting your macros is one thing but eating clean and healthy isn't just about hitting macros it's about getting in your micronutrients. It's ulimatly up to the dieter to make the right decisions and choose to eat those crappy foods. If you're blindly being led by a coach you're at fault.
    i honestly have to give you most of the credit you are a fucking robot and every time i figured i was being hard on you i got a "wahoo love this" text as im scratching my head lol

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post

Well ill your the greatest. Your a animal. Mentally stronger then every person I've ever talked to about deiting because they all want to cheat or mentally need a cheat meal. You are a true warrior...

i beat you are the guy after the show when everyone goes out to Cheesecake Factory to celebrate I beat you whip out your tubaware of chicken and rice right...

Iron Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mchar1es View Post
    Agree. I don't believe in the whole IIFYM bullshit. At the end of the day why put shit processed food into your body when you can easily make a conscious decision and eat good natural food

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast