Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The 1995 Arnold Classic: Mike Francois' Finest Hour, Followed by His Direst Days

Default The 1995 Arnold Classic: Mike Francois' Finest Hour, Followed by His Direst Days

Muscle Head

class act

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Mike is a good dude! Was a freaking MONSTER!!!!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

great read.....Francois was the guy I thought of when I got diagnosed with ulcerative colitis years ago. One small thing though, since ulcerative colitis is only found in the colon it doesn't effect absorption of nutrients. Chron's, which is similar but found throughout the entire digestive tract, does effect absorption of nutrients
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO

Small chronological error:
    Six months later, Mike Francois finished seventh at the 1997 Olympia, openly admitting that he had screwed up his prep and that he would never make the same mistake again. At the 1996 Olympia he was 10th and a year later slipped to 11th.

Should say finished seventh at the 1995 Olympia...

Fantastic and sad article. I suffer from IBS, and they had originally thought I had UC or
    crohn's disease.
    MBA Marshall University, PT-Sports Nutritionist, Law Firm Manager, and Bad Ass.

Great story! He looked huge and is definitely a fighter! Thanks for sharing

Always great reading Peter's stories. I was at the 1995 Arnold, about 5 rows back from the stage, just off center a bit. Was sitting pretty close to Dorian. Anyway it was my 2nd pro show, 1993 Chicago Pro being my 1st. What stands out most is Andreas Munzer hitting the crab right in front of us. WOW!!! I was thinking he shoulda just went on stage and hit the crab for 3 minutes & probably woulda took 2nd. Another guy I was keeping my eye on was, and my all time favorite, Charles Clairmonte. He didn't look like he prepared long for that show, (Flex neither), but they were perfectly X-framed. But what I remember is after the show standing in line to get in that party they usually had after, and I'm standing there talking to my good friend (at the time), Victor Richards, who is standing at the entrance, and he is 5'9" on a good day, and walking up to us is Mike Francois & Dave Dearth, and I swear they were 5'6" with their shoes on!!! I always sized up the bodybuilders to see who was lying & who wasn't, and most lied or exaggerated. I seen Lou Ferrigno at the expo & thought I know he exaggerated on his height & I walked up to him & holy shit he's a legit 6'5"!!! I shit you not!! I'm barely 6'2", more like 6'1-3/4" and he dwarfed my ass!!! Lee Haney's a legit 5'11", Dorian is a tad shorter. Big Ron is a legit 5'11" too. Toney Freeman, he's legit 6'1. Never got to stand next to Dillet, but I talked to him & I tried getn him to stand up so I could "size him up" on the sneak tip, but he was looking tired as hell. That was the year after his collapse at the Arnold. Didn't get to size up Charles but I did Vince Taylor, I swear these guys were masters at the illusion, cuz on stage Vince looked enormous but in person he looked like a little kid. I'd kiss his ass if he is 5'6"!! I'm guessing why I didn't do that great in bodybuilding cuz I was tall for a bodybuilder. Nobody over 6'1" has never won shit!!! I competed at the Arnold before it was the Arnold amateur, it was called the World Gym Classic, in 1994, and I took 1st as a heavy weight by default because I was the only heavy, and got beat in the overall by the light heavy weight, he was only 5'5" maybe. But I did get my picture in the Muscle Mag, September 1994 edition that had Mike O'hearn on the cover with some girl. The 20 year edition. Guess that was the highlight of my career. I looked like shit, but so what, I was in the muscle mag, and at the time there wasn't any internet or anything, all we had was the magazines. Good shit, but I can't wait to meet you Peter, looking forward to sizing you up, LOL!!

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    Always great reading Peter's stories. I was at the 1995 Arnold, about 5 rows back from the stage, just off center a bit. Was sitting pretty close to Dorian. Anyway it was my 2nd pro show, 1993 Chicago Pro being my 1st. What stands out most is Andreas Munzer hitting the crab right in front of us. WOW!!! I was thinking he shoulda just went on stage and hit the crab for 3 minutes & probably woulda took 2nd. Another guy I was keeping my eye on was, and my all time favorite, Charles Clairmonte. He didn't look like he prepared long for that show, (Flex neither), but they were perfectly X-framed. But what I remember is after the show standing in line to get in that party they usually had after, and I'm standing there talking to my good friend (at the time), Victor Richards, who is standing at the entrance, and he is 5'9" on a good day, and walking up to us is Mike Francois & Dave Dearth, and I swear they were 5'6" with their shoes on!!! I always sized up the bodybuilders to see who was lying & who wasn't, and most lied or exaggerated. I seen Lou Ferrigno at the expo & thought I know he exaggerated on his height & I walked up to him & holy shit he's a legit 6'5"!!! I shit you not!! I'm barely 6'2", more like 6'1-3/4" and he dwarfed my ass!!! Lee Haney's a legit 5'11", Dorian is a tad shorter. Big Ron is a legit 5'11" too. Toney Freeman, he's legit 6'1. Never got to stand next to Dillet, but I talked to him & I tried getn him to stand up so I could "size him up" on the sneak tip, but he was looking tired as hell. That was the year after his collapse at the Arnold. Didn't get to size up Charles but I did Vince Taylor, I swear these guys were masters at the illusion, cuz on stage Vince looked enormous but in person he looked like a little kid. I'd kiss his ass if he is 5'6"!! I'm guessing why I didn't do that great in bodybuilding cuz I was tall for a bodybuilder. Nobody over 6'1" has never won shit!!! I competed at the Arnold before it was the Arnold amateur, it was called the World Gym Classic, in 1994, and I took 1st as a heavy weight by default because I was the only heavy, and got beat in the overall by the light heavy weight, he was only 5'5" maybe. But I did get my picture in the Muscle Mag, September 1994 edition that had Mike O'hearn on the cover with some girl. The 20 year edition. Guess that was the highlight of my career. I looked like shit, but so what, I was in the muscle mag, and at the time there wasn't any internet or anything, all we had was the magazines. Good shit, but I can't wait to meet you Peter, looking forward to sizing you up, LOL!!
    You look like a walking encyclopedia, i would like to see you more often recounting your experiences.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by king kong kurbis View Post
    Cool stuff. You should post more !