Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 20

Thread: 1st Ever- MHP: Arnold Classic Fitness Model Search!

  1. #1
    IFBB Hall of Fame Shawn Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,334

    Default 1st Ever- MHP: Arnold Classic Fitness Model Search!

    Winner receives a $4,000 MHP Model Sponsorship!



    Arnold Fitness Model Search.

    preview the finalist by following this link:
    http://mhpstrong.com/updates/2015-ar...rch-finalists/

    The competition will be held Friday at Battelle Grand at 2pm.


    Strength & Honor!
    Last edited by Shawn Ray; March 2nd, 2015 at 11:17 AM.

  2. #2
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    I hope there are no NPC girls competing in this, because that would be make them lose their amateur status in the NPC.

  3. #3
    Juggernaut SISTEROFJESUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    8,038
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    I hope there are no NPC girls competing in this, because that would be make them lose their amateur status in the NPC.
    why would u say that for? if anything, it would help them
    MY KING OF KINGS

  4. #4
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
    why would u say that for? if anything, it would help them
    You need to read the NPC rules. If you win or compete for prize money u lose your amateur status in the NPC.

  5. #5
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,574
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    You need to read the NPC rules. If you win or compete for prize money u lose your amateur status in the NPC.
    I highly doubt that you can win this Model Search, then go on to a local NPC show, and be even recognized as the winner. As long as you pay $120 NPC card and contest entry fee, I highly doubt anyone in the NPC would evev say anything
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  6. #6
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    I highly doubt that you can win this Model Search, then go on to a local NPC show, and be even recognized as the winner. As long as you pay $120 NPC card and contest entry fee, I highly doubt anyone in the NPC would evev say anything
    You would be suprised at how often it happens. The loser usually is the rat.

  7. #7
    IFBB Hall of Fame Shawn Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    You need to read the NPC rules. If you win or compete for prize money u lose your amateur status in the NPC.
    It's a $4000 Sponsorship Package not Cold Cash!

    There is no issue here as far as Rules are concerned.


    Strength & Honor!

  8. #8
    Juggernaut SISTEROFJESUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    8,038
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    You need to read the NPC rules. If you win or compete for prize money u lose your amateur status in the NPC.
    and then u become a pro. if i think right, there are many guy, with folks-supp companies helpin' them and they r stil in the NPC, what would make it any dif for a woman?
    MY KING OF KINGS

  9. #9
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Here is an example for u. When guys compete in another org for money, lets say in a Natural org for money then they can't compete in the NPC.

  10. #10
    Juggernaut SISTEROFJESUS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    MIAMI, FL
    Posts
    8,038
    Gender
    Female

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    Here is an example for u. When guys compete in another org for money, lets say in a Natural org for money then they can't compete in the NPC.
    I know a guy who did that, and had NO major dealin' the NPC. he competed in a show with me back in '10 and a few month later he competed in another org. and then back in the NPC. There are alot of NATTY ORG. lettin' folks toi both, their org and NPC. and not havin' major dealings.
    MY KING OF KINGS

  11. #11
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,280
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    You need to read the NPC rules. If you win or compete for prize money u lose your amateur status in the NPC.
    I know you FACTS are correct here Jude. BUT, the practical reality is different .
    For example, Kai Green, won $$$ as a WNBF pro natural champion.
    AFTER that he competed and won the NPC Team Universe , which was his path to an IFBB pro card.

    The official rules in bodybuilding are enforced on a random basis.
    I've never seen it run by the official, written rules in a consistent manner.
    Don't get me started on the IFBB's 48 pgs of "written rules" on drug testing and banned substances listed LOL.

    With bikini as the biggest NPC division, the rules are even more vague and inconsistent now.

    I just enjoy the show and have fun now.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  12. #12
    Forum Legend RockyIII's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Miami,Florida
    Posts
    39,574
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I know you FACTS are correct here Jude. BUT, the practical reality is different .For example, Kai Green, won $$$ as a WNBF pro natural champion.AFTER that he competed and won the NPC Team Universe , which was his path to an IFBB pro card.The official rules in bodybuilding are enforced on a random basis. I've never seen it run by the official, written rules in a consistent manner.Don't get me started on the IFBB's 48 pgs of "written rules" on drug testing and banned substances listed LOL.With bikini as the biggest NPC division, the rules are even more vague and inconsistent now.I just enjoy the show and have fun now.
    The NPC is a amateur association, therefore it has no right to tell its members what they can do with their time away from the NPC stage. If they were bound by a contract as it is the case with the IFBB, then it would be a different story
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

  13. #13
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,280
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    The NPC is a amateur association, therefore it has no right to tell its members what they can do with their time away from the NPC stage. If they were bound by a contract as it is the case with the IFBB, then it would be a different story
    Sorry Rocky, but NPC rules clearly state that... 'anyone who competes for prize $$ in ANY contest is no longer eligible for NPC entry.'
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  14. #14
    Forum Judge Jude2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    7,599

    Default

    Thanks Howie. We know. I have seen the letter warning the NPC guys.

  15. #15
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    66,088

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SISTEROFJESUS View Post
    and then u become a pro. if i think right, there are many guy, with folks-supp companies helpin' them and they r stil in the NPC, what would make it any dif for a woman?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  16. #16
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,280
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jude2 View Post
    Thanks Howie. We know. I have seen the letter warning the NPC guys.
    I guess Kai Green's was lost in the mail?
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  17. #17
    IFBB Hall of Fame Shawn Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    23,334

    Default 1st Ever- MHP: Arnold Classic Fitness Model Search!

    Congrats to winner -
    Erica Altman from Jacksonville Florida!



    Strength & Honor!
    Last edited by Shawn Ray; March 7th, 2015 at 09:04 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •