Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBW: DID THE JUDGES GET IT RIGHT IN COLUMBUS? (Listen Now)

Default PBW: DID THE JUDGES GET IT RIGHT IN COLUMBUS? (Listen Now)

PBW:
    DID THE JUDGES GET IT RIGHT IN COLUMBUS? (Listen Now)

A new Pro Bodybuilding Season kicked off with a history-making weekend in Ohio’s capital city, but some fans are asking if the judges got it right. – An “apples vs oranges” showdown between 2 veterans emerged as the weekend’s biggest story, but an impressive showing by a 26 year old rising star may prove to be the most important story of the event. The 2015 Arnold Classic Post-Show Report is now available, courtesy of MD!

Listen Now with MD’s Upgraded PBW Player: www.MuscularDevelopment.com/pbw
    Courtesy of Advanced Molecular Labs

More info at www.PBWRadio.com
    Also available at iTunes

Do you guys think Dexter will make this his last year? This would seem like a nice way to go out and still walk away with his health.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

How you guys think branch could have won blows my mind
    1Cedric
    2Justin
    3Dexter
    4branch

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Don't you dare question the judges.. if you do then you really have zero experience or understanding of the IFBB judging.

Thanks goodness they can't take away Arnold's press pass or ban him for speaking his mind about the judging today

Hope this helps.
    Why? What did Arnold say?
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Quote Originally Posted by lastrep View Post
    Don't you dare question the judges.. if you do then you really have zero experience or understanding of the IFBB judging.

Thanks goodness they can't take away Arnold's press pass or ban him for speaking his mind about the judging today

Hope this helps.
    Why shouldn't you blame judges for awarding shity looking bodybuilders like branch. this is the reason why nobody gives a shit about bodybuilding because kids today don't want to look like all of these ulgy fucks on cover of magazine's unless who put someone on a cover like Cedric who has a physique that people can't actually appreciate and want to strive to look like

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Arnold does not think so!

Let me guess, the crew on the radio show unanimously agree that the judges got it right?

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post
    Let me guess, the crew on the radio show unanimously agree that the judges got it right?
    .... I think so
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

The judges and powers that be have created a culture of fear for those who make their living from the competitive side of BB. Arnold spoke the truth on behalf of many who cannot feasibly stand up and state their true feelings.

Talking

Branch deserved 1st place .....and that's the bottom fuckin line !

Branch deserved his 2nd place. Dexter deserved the win but Cedric would have won in the right condition.
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Canis View Post
    Branch deserved his 2nd place. Dexter deserved the win but Cedric would have won in the right condition.
    Cedric condition was good. was it better than branch or Dexter no but was it that much of a difference .i don't think so and besides Cedric should win because he beat them both in just about every pose ,he has a better overall flow to his physique and structurally he's much bigger then them.for example look at flex wheeler he was never the most conditioned guy but he had the best physique and look at andres munzer arguably the most conditioned bodybuilder ever but did he ever beat flex as far as i'm considered no .condition is a huge factor but when up against perfection it shouldn't be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    the judges see Cedric smiling and not sufering with the death face like Dexter and think he's not going for it i guess.
    but to give him 4th is a slap in the face.
    Your probably right that's why steve Weinberger and rest of the judging panel need to go .not sure if you heard what shawn ray said but he suggested that the judging panel should change every time at the Arnold and olympia sounds awesome to me

Juggernaut

the judges see Cedric smiling and not sufering with the death face like Dexter and think he's not going for it i guess.
    but to give him 4th is a slap in the face.
    I agree with you that fourth is a slap in the face. Cedric's potential is incredible, I just hope we can deliver....he is close to nailing it.

Phil win's Olympia on his condition, his back is about as wide as Branch's..
    Branch beat Wolf at one Arnold with one quad and deserved it since Wolf was off condition.
    (now Wolf found the formula after taking that beating)
    when everyone is off condition then muscle should take precedent which Cedric had over everybody.
    Uh, NO! It's a MUSCLE contest first and foremost! It's the basis of bodyBUILDING!
    Conditioning should only be considered once the foundation is established and meets aesthetic criteria.

Quote Originally Posted by IRON DWARF View Post
    Uh, NO! It's a MUSCLE contest first and foremost! It's the basis of bodyBUILDING!
    Conditioning should only be considered once the foundation is established and meets aesthetic criteria.
    Agree.

and if it was pure muscle contest Marcus Ruhl would be 5x Mr Olympia
    and any 220lb guy can put oil into there muscles to make them apear 20lbs heavier.
    condition and balance is always needed in judging criteria this day but must be fair across the board, it seems like certain guys they want to come in diferent ways.
    Who ever said it was an either/or situation? I'm talking about a specific set of criteria whereby muscle size, shape, symmetry and balance are tenets that make up the aesthetic whole, and must come before finishing touches like conditioning, tan, oil, presentation.

Without the foundational tenets, it's not a bodybuilding (muscle) show.
    These were the foundations that the art/sport were built on, and we need to get back to them.

A house won't stand on a poor foundation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast