Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: PBW WELCOMES "THE HEAD JUDGE" - A Visit with Steve Weinberger! (Listen Now)

Default PBW WELCOMES "THE HEAD JUDGE" - A Visit with Steve Weinberger! (Listen Now)

PBW: THE HEAD JUDGE!! - A Visit with Steve Weinberger (Listen Now)

Regarded as one of the bodybuilding world's most influential leaders, Head Judge Steve Weinberger visits bodybuilding talk radio to cover a variety of topics, including his response to Arnold's recent remarks about judging criteria. Presented by MD, Bob Chick also joins the conversation for some good old fashioned "shop talk" as PBW's 11th broadcast year continues. -- Listen Now!

Now Playing Right Here at MD!!
    The new PBW Player, courtesy of Advanced Molecular Labs!
    www.MuscularDevelopment.com/pbw

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Nice.
    Can we submit questions?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Nice.
    Can we submit questions?

Little late for that bro...but ask all you want. I'm here to answer

Do the judges get to judge forever?

Are these paid positions or do they volunteer their time?

Bob, do you think you have ever been placed lower than you thought you should have?

Some people seem to think Shawn Ray's criticism of the judges hurt his placings, do you?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Do the judges get to judge forever?

Are these paid positions or do they volunteer their time?

Bob, do you think you have ever been placed lower than you thought you should have?

Some people seem to think Shawn Ray's criticism of the judges hurt his placings, do you?
    1. Some seem like it...lol. Many judge for many years, but there are new judges added all the time.

2. They get paid...not a whole lot. definately a lobor of love.

3. Absolutely...like every other BB out there.

4. You never know...Shawn did very well in his career. Doubtful though...you dont put a guy down or "send a message" etc by placing a guy 2nd in the Olympia.

Good job bob.....

emailed bbing.com this morning asking them to hire you for next year's Arnold. You can thank me later
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Bob, do you think ArnoldŽs opinions about judging during his seminar interviews will ignite some sort of change?

IŽd love to ask you if any judges were bothered by them, but you are too smart to answer hehe

-Why are judges allowed to judge a contest which has their friends/business partners competing?
    -Can scorecards from each individual judge be made public?

Good interview Dan and Bob. It sounds like Mr. Weinberger was none to happy about what Arnold had to say about judging.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

If im not mistaken, last time they made scorecards available some guys had "issues" with the judges that placed them low.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by FlashRob.com View Post
    Good interview Dan and Bob. It sounds like Mr. Weinberger was none to happy about what Arnold had to say about judging.
    Missed it, what did he say?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

If im not mistaken, last time they made scorecards available some guys had "issues" with the judges that placed them low.
    Sounds like the hidden scores for not prejudice the relationship between judges and competitors. I think that's stupid, at other sports like gymnastics or skating, the notes are public.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

I can tell you from experience that a result of many contest reports has been confrontation from competitors/advisors/friends/spouses not pleased with comments written or where the report placed them. But I think a reporter has to tell it like they see it and be able to back up what they wrote to the complainant. I really think individual scores of judges should be made public and the judges likewise should be able to back up their placings. And I think they are capable of doing that. As an aside I think judges in those cases would not get so much abuse because the competitor would be more diplomatic as he is aware he could be standing in front of that official again in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mileman View Post
    Bob, do you think ArnoldŽs opinions about judging during his seminar interviews will ignite some sort of change?

IŽd love to ask you if any judges were bothered by them, but you are too smart to answer hehe
    In a word........No.

As I mentioned on the radio, these observations are nothing new...Arnold is certainly entitled to his opinion...but it was nothing groundbreaking.

The judges have to judge whats there on stage, not what some "ideal" would be...

Quote Originally Posted by Supermunda View Post
    -Why are judges allowed to judge a contest which has their friends/business partners competing?
    -Can scorecards from each individual judge be made public?

Which show was that, and who/ what business partners and or friends are we referring to?

I have no issue with that and have suggested it many times in the past...not sure it would lend any light as to why someone places where they do....at the end of the day, its someones opinion

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Which show was that, and who/ what business partners and or friends are we referring to?
    Kevin English competing/winning the 212 class with Steve W as a judge in multiple Olympias. Kevin works for Steve and they are good friends.

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast