Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blasting Legs to the Max: Wheels of Steel Workout with Branch & Jose

Default Blasting Legs to the Max: Wheels of Steel Workout with Branch & Jose

I listen to my body and only go very heavy when my back and my knees are feeling 100 percent.
    After doing this for over 22 years, here’s what I say. Do whatever works for you. Find the form that feels right. Put the bar where it feels right, put your feet where they feel right, and go down as low as feels right for you. Make all the adjustments you need to. The bottom line is that no matter what, you’re bending down and standing up with weight on your back to overload your legs. Everything else is variable.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Great read. Great shots. Jose's thick quads looked like jogger's legs compared to Branch's, but then again whose don't most of the time.

Seriously though, I am amazed at how much sweep Branch has been able to regain after injury. At first I thought, damn that leg will never come back to it's previous size and shape but Branch has steadily brought them back up and they are close to being the best at the olympia again along with Kai.

These guys looked on point in every photo and it makes me wonder why so many people hate Branch's structure. Dude looks like a tank but still has very deep abdominals on a relatively narrow waist. He is similar to Kai that way. I actually prefer Branch's mid section to Dexter's when they are both in their prime bc Dex doesn't have as much overall mass and tends to show distension more. Only Rhoden and Cedric have perfect abdominals and narrow waist in all of the top ifbb anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bsilva View Post
    Great read. Great shots. Jose's thick quads looked like jogger's legs compared to Branch's, but then again whose don't most of the time.

Seriously though, I am amazed at how much sweep Branch has been able to regain after injury. At first I thought, damn that leg will never come back to it's previous size and shape but Branch has steadily brought them back up and they are close to being the best at the olympia again along with Kai.

These guys looked on point in every photo and it makes me wonder why so many people hate Branch's structure. Dude looks like a tank but still has very deep abdominals on a relatively narrow waist. He is similar to Kai that way. I actually prefer Branch's mid section to Dexter's when they are both in their prime bc Dex doesn't have as much overall mass and tends to show distension more. Only Rhoden and Cedric have perfect abdominals and narrow waist in all of the top ifbb anyway.
    im truly sorry for what im going to say, but are you really this dumb???? these pics are shopped the fuck out of, i was looking at them thinking if i was a pro and they had to photoshop my pics, i'd know i should have retired a looong time ago... pathetic, its worse than synthol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tryder View Post
    im truly sorry for what im going to say, but are you really this dumb???? these pics are shopped the fuck out of, i was looking at them thinking if i was a pro and they had to photoshop my pics, i'd know i should have retired a looong time ago... pathetic, its worse than synthol
    Thank you.

I'm not a huge fan of how these pics were filtered or whatever you'd like to call it but thank god we didn't retire after this shoot considering I've won 3 shows since then & Branch has done pretty damn well himself these forums have become such a joke with the bullshit some of you morons post. You talk as though we have any say in how these pics are portrayed. You may not like our physiques but to say the things you say just makes me laugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Raymond View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of how these pics were filtered or whatever you'd like to call it but thank god we didn't retire after this shoot considering I've won 3 shows since then & Branch has done pretty damn well himself these forums have become such a joke with the bullshit some of you morons post. You talk as though we have any say in how these pics are portrayed. You may not like our physiques but to say the things you say just makes me laugh!
    Don't group me w those haters Jose, I'm a fan of both you guys (the jogger joke was more a compliment to branch than anything). I guess these no picture posting loud mouths haven't seen either you or branch compete, but I watch every show that live streams and check all the contests pics and posing vids and both you guys deserve the good placings and wins you have gotten. Big fan, always enjoy your MD vids and interviews. Keep killing it in the 212s.

Quote Originally Posted by bsilva View Post
    Don't group me w those haters Jose, I'm a fan of both you guys (the jogger joke was more a compliment to branch than anything). I guess these no picture posting loud mouths haven't seen either you or branch compete, but I watch every show that live streams and check all the contests pics and posing vids and both you guys deserve the good placings and wins you have gotten. Big fan, always enjoy your MD vids and interviews. Keep killing it in the 212s.
    I wasn't referring to you, more to the "retire" comment. This shoot was done after the 2013 Olympia. Thanks for your words & I intend to bring my best!

I had you no lower than 3rd in 2013, but the 212s are close in the top 5, so sht happens. The real question is will we see the return of the beard in 2015? If so will it be gnarlier? My advice is to rock it again BC it definitely gave you a Steve reeves herculean look. Badass bro!

«Humanity has been led by failures.»

Banned

I wasn't referring to you, more to the "retire" comment. This shoot was done after the 2013 Olympia. Thanks for your words & I intend to bring my best!
    You better be doing your nine hours of cardio + eating pigeon shit.

branch_comp.jpg
    jose_comp.jpg

well ditto... the internet is a bitch, right? my wording might have been a little too harsh, but in a sport where you get contracts and win shows with THE FUCKING WAY YOU LOOK ON PICTUIRES, having to have your waistline photoshopped means your body does not do the job it was supposed to do... but it's just the moronic logic i came up with so who knows

The pics were cool, but I would've LOVED to see a leg-training video of these two! The Jose training vids are the best.

Glad you posted those comparison photo's bc Jose looks like a Beast in the contest shot, even better than the touched up one. The doctored one lost his abdominal separation and gave him a bitch waist. His quads look even better in the contest photo. Thanks for proving Jose is far from retirement.

All mags, not just bb mags, do a lot of digital manipulation with images to make them look better. What's wrong with people looking better, whether it's a Supermodel or Branch?
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by tryder View Post
    branch_comp.jpg
    jose_comp.jpg

well ditto... the internet is a bitch, right? my wording might have been a little too harsh, but in a sport where you get contracts and win shows with THE FUCKING WAY YOU LOOK ON PICTUIRES, having to have your waistline photoshopped means your body does not do the job it was supposed to do... but it's just the moronic logic i came up with so who knows
    Strong waist alterations.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    All mags, not just bb mags, do a lot of digital manipulation with images to make them look better. What's wrong with people looking better, whether it's a Supermodel or Branch?
    Ima tru bodybuldah i wana real freky musles!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast