Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Branch Warren Answers Questions On Cheat Meals, Training Frequency & More

Default Branch Warren Answers Questions On Cheat Meals, Training Frequency & More

You’re asking the wrong guy! I love my meat. Long ago when I was starting out, Brian Dobson told me you have to eat muscle to build muscle. That made a lot of sense to me, so I’ve been doing it ever since. When you train hard, you crave meat. That’s your body telling you what it needs. My body never told me it needed a freaking soy burger!
    Hahaha, lol
    ęHumanity has been led by failures.Ľ

"Pure speculation", "if it suits you", "be easily remedied". Yeah, that sounds like Branch alright, lol.

"As for cheat meals, I don’t have them and the whole concept makes no sense to me. You diet strictly with very clean foods to lose fat. Why would you eat something that goes against that? I’ve heard the arguments that cheat meals stimulate the metabolism and all that when you hit a plateau in fat loss, but I’m not buying it. I think that’s just an excuse a lot of guys use so they can still have some crap food, and that some coaches use so their clients feel like their coach is being nice and letting them have pizza or cookies or whatever junk it is they crave. Fat loss is never going to be perfectly steady, anyway. There will be times when a week might go by when you don’t drop any fat, and then all of a sudden you’ll be down a few pounds and looking much tighter. That’s just the nature of the beast. The only situation I think it might make sense to have cheat meals is for female competitors who are getting “too lean” to the point where they will be judged down for it. For us bodybuilders, there’s no such thing as being too lean!"

Spot on

Quote Originally Posted by Money Shot View Post
    "As for cheat meals, I donít have them and the whole concept makes no sense to me. You diet strictly with very clean foods to lose fat. Why would you eat something that goes against that? Iíve heard the arguments that cheat meals stimulate the metabolism and all that when you hit a plateau in fat loss, but Iím not buying it. I think thatís just an excuse a lot of guys use so they can still have some crap food, and that some coaches use so their clients feel like their coach is being nice and letting them have pizza or cookies or whatever junk it is they crave. Fat loss is never going to be perfectly steady, anyway. There will be times when a week might go by when you donít drop any fat, and then all of a sudden youíll be down a few pounds and looking much tighter. Thatís just the nature of the beast. The only situation I think it might make sense to have cheat meals is for female competitors who are getting ďtoo leanĒ to the point where they will be judged down for it. For us bodybuilders, thereís no such thing as being too lean!"

Spot on
    There are lots of very accomplished prep coaches who would disagree with yall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like all true bodybuilders I get my supplements from www.truenutrition.com use discount code BIGOSO