Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Juan Morel - Before He Was King of the New York Pro

Default Juan Morel - Before He Was King of the New York Pro

I was never one of those guys that blindly followed instruction.
    I have the same feeling.

Great article, I did not know the story of Morel.

Handball? It must be a strange sport in the US.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Because of Juan Diesel Morel.....Bodybuilding is INTERESTING again yo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    I have the same feeling.

Great article, I did not know the story of Morel.

Handball? It must be a strange sport in the US.
    It's really fun to play. Similar to soccer but using throws only.

For a "Before He Was King..." I was surprised the article didn't address the most critical chapter of Juan's background. Sure it's an uncomfortable topic and doesn't show this up and comer in a positive light but in this information age it's probably better to tackle it than it is not to include it, thus letting the rampant speculators create their own worst version. If it was solely a bodybuilding report that is one thing, but it does mention his family and current wife, without bringing up his previous relationship or even that he has a daughter who is probably his biggest supporter (or at least used to be at all his shows).

Pretty much every Victor story talks about his mistakes, jail time, accidents and injuries thus showing us the obstacles (most self inflicted) that he has had to overcome.

To some Juan's may be an unforgivable accident, but a lot of other bodybuilding fans would I am sure sympathize and perhaps even benefit in their own personal lives from the cautionary story. The crime was its own worst punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    It's really fun to play. Similar to soccer but using throws only.
    Hhahaha, bro, i say because US team is not competitive at the international level.

In a separate note, I never liked because my hands are small as shit, and not enjoy catching the ball, lol

Quote Originally Posted by bsilva View Post
    For a "Before He Was King..." I was surprised the article didn't address the most critical chapter of Juan's background. Sure it's an uncomfortable topic and doesn't show this up and comer in a positive light but in this information age it's probably better to tackle it than it is not to include it, thus letting the rampant speculators create their own worst version. If it was solely a bodybuilding report that is one thing, but it does mention his family and current wife, without bringing up his previous relationship or even that he has a daughter who is probably his biggest supporter (or at least used to be at all his shows).

Pretty much every Victor story talks about his mistakes, jail time, accidents and injuries thus showing us the obstacles (most self inflicted) that he has had to overcome.

To some Juan's may be an unforgivable accident, but a lot of other bodybuilding fans would I am sure sympathize and perhaps even benefit in their own personal lives from the cautionary story. The crime was its own worst punishment.
    I do think the big elephant in the room should have been mentioned. First I thought maybe Peter bottled it, but it's more likely he did write something about it and it was either edited out by somebody or he was asked to remove or not mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by Donflex View Post
    I do think the big elephant in the room should have been mentioned. First I thought maybe Peter bottled it, but it's more likely he did write something about it and it was either edited out by somebody or he was asked to remove or not mention it.
    I chose to write what I did. It came out exactly as I wrote it. No one edited anything out.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter McGough View Post
    I chose to write what I did. It came out exactly as I wrote it. No one edited anything out.
    Fair enough, I guess a lot of fans know what's up anyway. Wasn't meant as criticism of the man or the writing that was present, it just seemed like a missing chunk of life changing years and family.

Regarding the new baby news, that's great. Also his win, even though I thought Vic had it, at least shows the guy with the small waist and zero distention wins which is the big hoopla recently and that's good (even Vic's waist was noticeably improved). I think it's great because that means less HGH and insulin in the pro ranks and that means a higher chance these guys don't grow their organs as much and stay healthy longer. All good, Juan's win is a win for the sport.

It was a good article and I wouldn't have read it if it was written by anyone else, except maybe Ron Harris. And whilst it would be in bad taste to go into detail about certain aspects of Juans past in the article, not mentioning time spent incarcerated does your article and Juan and your article a disservice. It's a shame you had to write this wearing rose-tinted glasses and it's a shame that people who know very little about Juan won't know more about the obstacles he's overcome to get where he is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Hhahaha, bro, i say because US team is not competitive at the international level.

In a separate note, I never liked because my hands are small as shit, and not enjoy catching the ball, lol
    You would be surprised how many sport that are known in Europe are also pretty well know at the college or amateur level in the US.
    I know former college and MLS soccer player, handball player, volley ball, tennis, fencing - I think these sports (maybe with exception of soccer which is more and more popular) are just not as known on professional levels (probably less marketable so less $$ involved)

Thank you for writing a great Article Peter loved it!

Cool article, Juan obviously has a great mindset and work ethic to keep progressing the way he is.

CONGRATULATION JUAN DIESEL you deserve it I know u been pushing urself alot to be where u r at now.I know u have won other shows but this is the only beginning for u and next complishment is the olympia so get it bro
    you got my support

Quote Originally Posted by Unchained View Post
    You would be surprised how many sport that are known in Europe are also pretty well know at the college or amateur level in the US.
    I know former college and MLS soccer player, handball player, volley ball, tennis, fencing - I think these sports (maybe with exception of soccer which is more and more popular) are just not as known on professional levels (probably less marketable so less $$ involved)
    That's a great point, but in Spain handball no moves much money, it is almost an amateur sport but sometimes we compete at a high level with France, Sweden, Denmark or Germany.

My point was that the US is not known for his national handball team.

i know one of his first coaches was Palumbo. I wonder how they met. Juan is a great dude IMO
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST