Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 73

Thread: Evan?

  1. #1
    Barbarian Mileman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    550
    Gender
    Male

    Default Evan?

    Hey guys, does anybody now if he is planning on making the O this year? He did make points on the Arnolds, but not sure if he is doing anything else to secure his spot.

    Any ideas anyone?

  2. #2
    Barbarian falpis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    milano, italy
    Posts
    625
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    I think he may be pondering retirement from competition...think he's really starting to get a feel for internet related ventures, and may have started to switch his ambitions to that arena. His contest placings do not appear to be ganing momentum and are static at best. Where does he go from here? A few more contest's just to prove to himself an alternative route may be the best decision, followed by my guess; internet personality route in order to endorse/sell certain products i.e. philosophies of training, nutritional supplements etc.
    i'm afraid you could be right,
    sad not to see a bodybuilder compete....but i still wish evan the best in whichever future endeavor

  3. #3

    Default

    shouold start his own title company with the severence he supposedly got...

  4. #4
    Barbarian Mileman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    550
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I see where you are coming from but I hope you are wrong!

  5. #5
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,791
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Not sure what Evans plans are but after meeting him in 07 and interacting with him at shows this is a top Quality young man and if Evan leaves Bodybuilding it will be a great loss!

  6. #6
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    it really could be that he is not interested in competing anymore. i guess he put all into his prep for the arnold and the result was not what he wanted. why try again and again if your best is not good enough? guys like joey swoll make a good living without competing and evan can do this too!

  7. #7
    Barbarian
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    444
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    it really could be that he is not interested in competing anymore. i guess he put all into his prep for the arnold and the result was not what he wanted. why try again and again if your best is not good enough? guys like joey swoll make a good living without competing and evan can do this too!
    Yeah he supposedly put everything into his arnold prep and didn't get the result he was after. So what. To me, Evan has always been about improving his physique show to show. Well for the arnold, he came in bigger than he ever has after only working with Oscar for several months. I don't see how he can quit with making those types of improvements. If he could put on 5-10 pounds of contest weight so quickly, what are the possibilities of training with Oscar for a year or two. Another 10 pounds? Who knows but I don't think he's reached his limit in terms of size. If after a year or two he is still placing where he currently is, then consider the possibility of retirement. But for now, he is still improving. Evan doesn't seem like the type of guy to hang it up just because of a placing. When his physique is unable to progress any further and placings are subpar, then I think retirement is a viable option. Until then, hopefully he keeps growing. If he does, he'll get what he's after. Look at Branch. He didn't win his first Arnold til he was at least 35. I think Evan can and will do the same. Evan if you're reading this, any thoughts on the matter?

  8. #8
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cbennis32 View Post
    Yeah he supposedly put everything into his arnold prep and didn't get the result he was after. So what. To me, Evan has always been about improving his physique show to show. Well for the arnold, he came in bigger than he ever has after only working with Oscar for several months. I don't see how he can quit with making those types of improvements. If he could put on 5-10 pounds of contest weight so quickly, what are the possibilities of training with Oscar for a year or two. Another 10 pounds? Who knows but I don't think he's reached his limit in terms of size. If after a year or two he is still placing where he currently is, then consider the possibility of retirement. But for now, he is still improving. Evan doesn't seem like the type of guy to hang it up just because of a placing. When his physique is unable to progress any further and placings are subpar, then I think retirement is a viable option. Until then, hopefully he keeps growing. If he does, he'll get what he's after. Look at Branch. He didn't win his first Arnold til he was at least 35. I think Evan can and will do the same. Evan if you're reading this, any thoughts on the matter?
    yes he can put on more mass but on what cost? competing is expensive and the results have to pay for the prep and more. so if you dont finish high you dont get much momentum as an top athlete, you dont get much prize money but you still have to pay for the prep. evan also said that he is not really enjoing the stage part of bodybuilding..so i guess if he has other ways to make money it will be a big possibility he stops competing. he could have a career as a prep couch too! i guess a lot of guys would pay for his advice.

  9. #9

    Default

    Who knows whats next
    Can evan get on some next level stuff like guys like,
    Flex, Jay was , Ronnie Kai, Phil, Rhoden as of past few years. I'm sure but evan is into his health and is a super smart guy.
    That being said He'll be the first one to say he doesn't have the super tiny, dexter or rhoden type waist if he blows up his already weak Ab and Thigh pose will be bad. He doesn't have a gut just or super wide waist but its not super appealing in the ab and thigh shot. I think he should take 2 years off see where he is at
    Want to improve day in and day out.
    Learning more and more every day

  10. #10
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    179
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    Not sure what Evans plans are but after meeting him in 07 and interacting with him at shows this is a top Quality young man and if Evan leaves Bodybuilding it will be a great loss!
    Dont forget..hes a THINKING MANS BODYBUILDER, MAYOR! NOT just a meatheaddddddd!
    "Im gonna carry this shit on my fuckin back"

  11. #11
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    179
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmus View Post
    Who knows whats next
    Can evan get on some next level stuff like guys like,
    Flex, Jay was , Ronnie Kai, Phil, Rhoden as of past few years. I'm sure but evan is into his health and is a super smart guy.
    That being said He'll be the first one to say he doesn't have the super tiny, dexter or rhoden type waist if he blows up his already weak Ab and Thigh pose will be bad. He doesn't have a gut just or super wide waist but its not super appealing in the ab and thigh shot. I think he should take 2 years off see where he is at
    Was it him telling us what pre-set to have the oven on before cooking cod, or was it him showing us proper form on the deadlift that gave you the opinion of him being a SUPER SMART GUY? Just really curious to know what YOU'RE basing your opinion off of.
    "Im gonna carry this shit on my fuckin back"

  12. #12

    Default

    I can see where some of you guys are coming from, saying you hope he wouldn't hang it up. But personally, having a feeling like I can truly say that Evan seems like a genuinely great human being, who the hell cares if he doesn't want to do these bizarre muscle pageants anymore??

    When someone is as good of a person as Evan is, and likely, a tremendous parent and spouse, all that matters is that they stay healthy, are happy and are helping to be a good influence to others.

    If Evan rides off into the sunset, financially stable and having no real regrets, I could only say congratulations and wish him well. Enjoy that family Ev. Enjoy growing things in your garden, continuing to learn, helping others learn and enjoying whatever it is that you decide to do. He is the one bodybuilding that I would like to shake hands with. And thank him for his interactions with me, on the Animal forum.

  13. #13
    Barbarian Incredible Bulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Portsmouth -UK
    Posts
    730

    Default

    he came...he saw... he didnt conquer... but i dont think he should give up competing/retire.
    He just needs to dial it in conditioning wise and find his magic number that see's him full on stage and not his usual pancaked appearance.

    He's a great bodybuilder, you can either dig in deep and keep coming back or be happy with your attempts and walk away

  14. #14
    Iron Addict guruhonza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    6,777
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Interesting thread
    Lance Armstrong is a winner.
    Chael Sonnen to be next president.

  15. #15
    Juggernaut Canis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,047
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    He should just market himself well and open OX nutrition. Say farewell to competing and make a good living of guestposing
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

  16. #16
    ANIMAL naturalguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    6,957
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I don't think he is done competing, he has always kept in mind his health, longevity and the bigger picture however. His stock is arguably the highest it's been (not from a competitive standpoint) from this last move, his reputation and respect has grown higher than ever. Whether he does his own thing or is involved with another company he can arguably be the best asset a company could ask for. You can't ask for a better representative of a brand than Evan.
    instagram @naturalguy1
    instagram @universalusa

  17. #17
    Juggernaut Canis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,047
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by naturalguy View Post
    I don't think he is done competing, he has always kept in mind his health, longevity and the bigger picture however. His stock is arguably the highest it's been (not from a competitive standpoint) from this last move, his reputation and respect has grown higher than ever. Whether he does his own thing or is involved with another company he can arguably be the best asset a company could ask for. You can't ask for a better representative of a brand than Evan.
    no plans on him returning to animal?
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •