Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lowdown On Drugs Part 1 | Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates Speak Out!

Quote Originally Posted by juggertha View Post
    some can lift next to nothing, and gain muscle.

Some can eat like crap, and stay lean.

I see no reason to doubt that some can use the minimum when it comes to drugs.
    bingo

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    "I didn’t know I was supposed to diet for the show. I was working in construction all day back then, so that burned up a lot of calories. My dinners would be a Double Whopper with cheese from Burger King, and ice cream from McDonald’s. Before that six-week cycle, I was 198 pounds. By the end, I was 206 and much harder looking. I won the heavyweight and overall. A year later, I did the same thing at the NPC Junior Nationals and then turned pro at the Nationals in the fall of ‘91 at 236 pounds."

Damn I'd love to win overall with this type of eating. Fuck my genes lol.
    I don't think he kept eating like that!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Aesthetic_Design View Post
    I think this type of article is cool don't get me wrong and it kind of fits the hardcore history of MD but I would honestly take all this with a grain of salt. All pros or should I say 99% to be fair lol downplay their drug use to lift their image and genetics and keep a certain aura around them. Don't get me wrong I doubt Kevin and Shawn etc used what the average hardcore gym rat who wants to win at the usa's uses now because genetics certainly do play a role.

But lets be honest, a lot of their regimens they speak of is far from accurate...sort of like Lee Priest divulging on his cycle a few years back...it was so small that I know some women figure competitors who use more than him lol. Lee we get it you were superhuman...you don't need to downplay your drug use to illustrate your genetics. The same can be said about all pros.

p.s. Maybe it is not such a bad thing to downplay it though, many stupid kids are constantly force fed and misled by idiots like Bostin Lloyd thinking that it really is ALL drugs when the truth of the matter is it is drugs and a whole lot of other factors which in my opinion the greatest is lifestyle and mindset. It takes a certain mindset and lifestyle changes consistently to turn pro.
    You are stating this as if you know for a fact they used more. You don't.
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Juggertha View Post
    Some can lift next to nothing, and gain muscle.

Some can eat like crap, and stay lean.

I see no reason to doubt that some can use the minimum when it comes to drugs.

Exactly. To ignore this fact would be to ignore the fact that nature is full of anomalies.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    You are stating this as if you know for a fact they used more. You don't.
    This. Also i like what Shawn said, who gives a fuck what other people are doing with their lives, sex, drugs etc. Why is everyone so fascinated by what everyone else is doing? I do my own thing and that is that, i dont care what everyone else is doing with their life. They can take 2000mgs of test of week or 200 makes no difference to me at all. The only reason i would even want to know would be if i was looking to gather information and do some research. EITHER WAY my belief is to take as small doses as possible to it wouldnt matter if someone said BRO YOU NEED 1000MGS A WEEK! i would be like BRO...NO lol
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Can't recall who, but someone here posted not too long ago that they didn't care to hear anything about training or nutrition. ALL they wanted to know were the exact drug cycles of each pro. The idea was that he could then take the same cycle and look exactly like Phil, Kai, Ramy, etc. Because you know, genetics are a myth.

should b a video roundtable!

Quote Originally Posted by firefighter67 View Post
    should b a video roundtable!
    this!
    - I don't know what the future will bring to me, but I want to be ready when it comes.

Muscle Head

Shawn don't reveal nothing about the subject. If he don't want to talk about his drug use why he accepted to be in this interview?

Quote Originally Posted by Pmateus View Post
    Shawn don't reveal nothing about the subject. If he don't want to talk about his drug use why he accepted to be in this interview?
    "What I used" was not the sole focus, and Shawn does not want to discuss that. He did answer all other questions in detail.

No one will admit exactly what they took truthfully.. that's human nature in this sport.

I'm pretty sure it was downplayed a bit.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Ironically, people think Bostin Loyd said he took a lot more gear than he really did.

Dexter is natural and George Farrah is a cop.....just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Pmateus View Post
    Exactly.........I posted this a while ago. Sorry ron. I am not romano or palumbo

Spotter

I am close to many big guys here in Russia. And when I mean big I mean really big. Their cycles ar usually very simple. The doses vary. Some gain with less some gain with more. Genetic response to drugs is a bitch. One of my athletes I prepped this year competed on just enanthate and some d Bol. He had no money to buy anything else but the guy was growing by looking at the weights. He competed at a very lean 87 kilograms (weighted at the day of competition). Dieted on low carbs for 8 weeks and he was ready. Some people are just made for this sport and is difficult for the rest of us to accept it (myself included)

Quote Originally Posted by miles14r View Post
    Mike Quinn has also claimed he used to use cocaine STRICTLY to manage his ADHD and not for recreational purposes. Not the most reliable source, just sayin...
    And anybody who knows anything know that coke don't do shit for ppl with adhd. It's amphetamines that keep them in check.

Pretty interesting read. One question though for everyone in this thread, which one of you actually did your first cycle in your 20's? Personally i don't know anybody who started that late. I did my first when I was 16 or 17. Like I think most guys do. Your young stupid and want to impress the babes. I think what they are claiming in the article when it comes to when they did their first cycle is bs. Maybe they are taking their responsibility not to encourage youngsters to get on the gear too early. Which is good. But Im pretty certain they're bs'ing us on that subject.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast