Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Lowdown On Drugs Part 1 | Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates Speak Out!

Default The Lowdown On Drugs Part 1 | Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray and Dorian Yates Speak Out!

Kevin talking about steroids? Damn, that's real weird. For me, he always try to skip that type of "subject".

Great article anyways.
    - I don't know what the future will bring to me, but I want to be ready when it comes.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

According to Mike Quinn, Dorian had his own chemist working for him
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Mike Quinn has also claimed he used to use cocaine STRICTLY to manage his ADHD and not for recreational purposes. Not the most reliable source, just sayin...

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

^^^good point
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

You can believe what you say internet gurus or can believe what say these professionals. But there is another option, to question all sorts of versions that do not seem logical, that is, when you talk about massive amounts and when talking about ridiculous amounts.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Yep and Dave415 will win the Masters Olympia.....

boring...already posted in the magazine...........same shit...different title

Quote Originally Posted by Powerdome View Post
    boring...already posted in the magazine...........same shit...different title
    That's enough out of you, Mr. Palumbo-Romano.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

I'm I the only one surprised that Shawn "Mr. Perfect Symmetry" Ray answered the question without deflecting? Amazing progress gents!

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidR1 View Post
    I'm I the only one surprised that Shawn "Mr. Perfect Symmetry" Ray answered the question without deflecting? Amazing progress gents!
    Ron got the three of them to open up. Great job as always Ron.

Banned

"I didn’t know I was supposed to diet for the show. I was working in construction all day back then, so that burned up a lot of calories. My dinners would be a Double Whopper with cheese from Burger King, and ice cream from McDonald’s. Before that six-week cycle, I was 198 pounds. By the end, I was 206 and much harder looking. I won the heavyweight and overall. A year later, I did the same thing at the NPC Junior Nationals and then turned pro at the Nationals in the fall of ‘91 at 236 pounds."

Damn I'd love to win overall with this type of eating. Fuck my genes lol.

Loved it, can't wait for part 2.
    B-NEVA-"You should have fingered the judges like the MPD guy, he won his pro card his next show!"

Aesthetic_Design

I think this type of article is cool don't get me wrong and it kind of fits the hardcore history of MD but I would honestly take all this with a grain of salt. All pros or should I say 99% to be fair lol downplay their drug use to lift their image and genetics and keep a certain aura around them. Don't get me wrong I doubt Kevin and Shawn etc used what the average hardcore gym rat who wants to win at the usa's uses now because genetics certainly do play a role.

But lets be honest, a lot of their regimens they speak of is far from accurate...sort of like Lee Priest divulging on his cycle a few years back...it was so small that I know some women figure competitors who use more than him lol. Lee we get it you were superhuman...you don't need to downplay your drug use to illustrate your genetics. The same can be said about all pros.

p.s. Maybe it is not such a bad thing to downplay it though, many stupid kids are constantly force fed and misled by idiots like Bostin Lloyd thinking that it really is ALL drugs when the truth of the matter is it is drugs and a whole lot of other factors which in my opinion the greatest is lifestyle and mindset. It takes a certain mindset and lifestyle changes consistently to turn pro.
    Last edited by Aesthetic_Design; June 3rd, 2015 at 12:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LiquidR1 View Post
    Timeliness of social media commotion lends to the validity (and thus, creation) of this article. The article itself helps these 90s greats to stay relevant in bodybuilding discussion. This article, with these individuals dishing, was inevitable.
    BIG CALVES MEAN EVERYTHING. . .

Some can lift next to nothing, and gain muscle.

Some can eat like crap, and stay lean.

I see no reason to doubt that some can use the minimum when it comes to drugs.

To be fair to Dorian he never claimed "low dose." He says like 1000mg of test, 500 mg of deca a week, and 50 mg of dbol a day offseason.

Can't remember the contest prep but it wasn't exactly light. He was using test, tren, primo, something else too I think. Also said 8iu of GH a day.

Remember these were all pharm grade products. That is not a light cycle. That is a lot of stuff and I don't see any reason why he couldn't look like that taking these drugs.

He also admitted trying slin but felt it didn't help his physique.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast