Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quad Training to the Max | Branch Warren Breaks Down His Leg Workouts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    He's got elite genetics alright, granted, he may have different qualities than Phil or Ronnie, but he definitely has elite pro level genetics, especially for lower body mass, visible vascularity, muscle density etc. while some would say Phil is lacking in natural shoulder width i.e. not elite level genetics for the "ideal" pro body builder.

Point is, as always...good genetics or elite level genetics vary, and we have plenty of examples of pro body builders who have mass such as Jay cutler lacking the condition of a Jose Raymond and still, a multiple Olympia champion. You have guys not known for having the best shape i.e. Dorian Yates who had great size, condition and naturally thin skin, beat guys with more aesthetic looks such as Kevin Levrone multiple times, and become a 7 time Mr. O. None of his more shapely competitors never did. The examples continue.

Good genetics vary and are relative to what you believe good genetics are. But one thing all of these guys have in common (Branch included) is elite level genetics.
    no, this is one of the biggest misconceptions about bodybuilding, the idea that only 1 out of a million has the genetics to become pro, it's not true, if you have the desire and the determination to go pro, you can do it, you do need decent genetics, but the idea that only 1 out of a million has those genetics is a huge lie, and a huge excuse for many

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kSwoLL View Post
    This is true...look at Dexter Jackson and Dennis Wolf; Dennis might have killer quads but neither of them are genetically blessed with great calves...

Just don't use double standards when referring to quality genetics for BB - they vary...
    actually there was a time when Dennis Wolf had decent calves, and I don't know what happened, but I think due to overtraining, one of his calves seems somewhat damaged, people forget, but overtraining can damage a muscle to the point where the muscle becomes really stiff and refuses to grow

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12