Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 35 to 51 of 51

Thread: The Lowdown on Drugs: Part 3 - Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray & Dorian Yates Speak Out

  1. #35
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,910
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    because not everyone is willing to risk their health, because not everyone has enough money to spend thousands on a sport that does not pay , drugs in pro dosages are expensive eating is expensive ,most guys even if they have great genetics cant afford that. 500 mgs of test and some d-bols turn NO ONE INTO A PRO, genetics or not. there is a reason why kai green and so many other pros did gay for pay. and no one can say that kai has not one of the best genetics ever!
    But there are also guys with money and in steroids abuse that are far from the Olympia stage.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  2. #36
    Juggernaut modredtrenton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    proud german
    Posts
    9,561
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    But there are also guys with money and in steroids abuse that are far from the Olympia stage.
    of cours there are dreamers with money out there. if you are made to be a bodybuilder you will know it very soon. when i was very young i was often asked if i am a bodybuilder because i was a little bigger than other boys at my age even if i did not train. when i started i gained 14 kilos of muscle within two years and a half of this two years i could not even train because my clavicle was broken and i had a surgery with a metal plate. i grew like weed so i guess genetics are not what prevented me from looking like a pro. i was broke and never had much money for drugs and food. knowledge is also a big part of it. if you belive that one gram of test is enough to build a top level physique you will fail! i did not knew about gh,slin, tren and all the other things pros take in higher dosages i could ever afford. like i said there is a reason why lots of pros have a bussines where they earn lots of money before they start serious bodybuilding or why many pros do gay for pay and its not the cost for rice and chicken...

  3. #37
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,746

    Default

    Masters shows are LOADED with guys ages 40-60 who have tons and tons of money to spend on all the best gear and coaches, yet still lack the genetics to resemble a decent IFBB Pro. Many of them will never be huge, will never have a nice shape and structure, will never bring up certain bodyparts.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  4. #38
    Behemoth Manowar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,360
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Like others said Shawn was a waste of time on these interviews, I also think he is full of shit about no TRT.

  5. #39

    Default

    I know someone who is a true genetic freak, I saw the muscle he gained--naturally.

    If he took anything he would have made gains that I could never make.

    So, I for one, believe Dorian's numbers.

    Some people will never except the fact that genetics count and all the supplements in the world will not make up for bad genetics.

  6. #40

    Default

    I heard back then that they were doing amino acid drips, IV. That Johnny Morant was doing it in Belgium, also. Who knows?

  7. #41

    Default

    Great article. I'd like to see some other pros interviewed. jean pierre fux for one. ruhl. and a jailhouse interview with titus.

  8. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Masters shows are LOADED with guys ages 40-60 who have tons and tons of money to spend on all the best gear and coaches, yet still lack the genetics to resemble a decent IFBB Pro. Many of them will never be huge, will never have a nice shape and structure, will never bring up certain bodyparts.
    Why continue?

  9. #43

    Default

    If you realize your genetics aren't game, why not just compete naturally? You know you'll never make a dent, so just compete against yourself. just saying...

  10. #44
    Colemanesque
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,414
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by modredtrenton View Post
    of cours there are dreamers with money out there. if you are made to be a bodybuilder you will know it very soon. when i was very young i was often asked if i am a bodybuilder because i was a little bigger than other boys at my age even if i did not train. when i started i gained 14 kilos of muscle within two years and a half of this two years i could not even train because my clavicle was broken and i had a surgery with a metal plate. i grew like weed so i guess genetics are not what prevented me from looking like a pro. i was broke and never had much money for drugs and food. knowledge is also a big part of it. if you belive that one gram of test is enough to build a top level physique you will fail! i did not knew about gh,slin, tren and all the other things pros take in higher dosages i could ever afford. like i said there is a reason why lots of pros have a bussines where they earn lots of money before they start serious bodybuilding or why many pros do gay for pay and its not the cost for rice and chicken...

    41 lbs in the first 12 weeks...63 lbs in the first year. Within a short time I decided I did not want to pursue bodybuilding on a serious level for a number of reasons. There were 4 main ones. One, I did not think I had the structure or shape to go pro. When I stopped believing in my ability, it killed my motivation. I dreamt about being a pro from age 14 until age 23, but when it finally sunk in that I didn't have what it took, and even if by some miracle I did make it to the pros, I started to see what the end of the road would look like for me. I knew I would be a bottom-tier pro struggling to make money from the sport. I was an all or nothing person, so I figured that if I was never going to be anything special--never achieve a measure of success in the sport, then why do it? Two, I had 2 medical conditions which make drug use more dangerous for me than the average person. Three, I did not want to be one of those guys who puts everything into the sport for 20 years of his life and comes out with nothing, as well as potential health problems, which likely would have been the case for me given my damaged heart. Lastly, my family and friends were adamantly opposed to the drug use involved (especially my wife at the time) and never let me hear the end of it. Having continuous negativity around you 24/7 takes a huge toll on anyone.

    To this day, I don't know anyone who has gained more, neither in 12 weeks or in the first year. All the weight I gained was "new" weight, aside from possibly 3-4 lbs of it. More so, the large majority of it was fat-fat-free mass. I was benching 315 X 11 within 1 year of serious training. I say "serious" because I benched in high school, and messed around with some other lifts, but never got above 172-173 lbs before I began serious training at age 22. During that first year, I was 100% drug free. Creatine and Mega-Mass 4000 (LOL) were my only supps.
    Last edited by Mike Arnold; July 3rd, 2015 at 04:22 AM.

  11. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    41 lbs in the first 12 weeks...63 lbs in the first year. Within a short time I decided I did not want to pursue bodybuilding on a serious level for a number of reasons. There were 4 main ones. One, I did not think I had the structure or shape to go pro. When I stopped believing in my ability, it killed my motivation. I dreamt about being a pro from age 14 until age 23, but when it finally sunk in that I didn't have what it took, and even if by some miracle I did make it to the pros, I started to see what the end of the road would look like for me. I knew I would be a bottom-tier pro struggling to make money from the sport. I was an all or nothing person, so I figured that if I was never going to be anything special--never achieve a measure of success in the sport, then why do it? Two, I had 2 medical conditions which make drug use more dangerous for me than the average person. Three, I did not want to be one of those guys who puts everything into the sport for 20 years of his life and comes out with nothing, as well as potential health problems, which likely would have been the case for me given my damaged heart. Lastly, my family and friends were adamantly opposed to the drug use involved (especially my wife at the time) and never let me hear the end of it. Having continuous negativity around you 24/7 takes a huge toll on anyone.

    To this day, I don't know anyone who has gained more, neither in 12 weeks or in the first year. All the weight I gained was "new" weight, aside from possibly 3-4 lbs of it. More so, the large majority of it was fat-fat-free mass. I was benching 315 X 11 within 1 year of serious training. I say "serious" because I benched in high school, and messed around with some other lifts, but never got above 172-173 lbs before I began serious training at age 22. During that first year, I was 100% drug free. Creatine and Mega-Mass 4000 (LOL) were my only supps.
    I always laugh at people who have to hide their AAS use from their wives. Why do it? Tell the truth, (unless you're LE).

  12. #46
    Colemanesque
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,414
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    I always laugh at people who have to hide their AAS use from their wives. Why do it? Tell the truth, (unless you're LE).

    I was always open about it, but just because I was upfront, it sure as hell didn't make her accept it. It made things much harder, but I refused to be someone who was afraid of their wife.

  13. #47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Arnold View Post
    I was always open about it, but just because I was upfront, it sure as hell didn't make her accept it. It made things much harder, but I refused to be someone who was afraid of their wife.
    I know you had her injecting you...

  14. #48
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    79
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ben1 View Post
    People just do or can't believe that some genetic freaks can make tremendous gains from little dosages, why ? Because they take much more and do not even look

    half as good as these guys, so they must lie, it just can be ! These Athletes are exceptions, why else are only a few BB Pros, when Millions of guys train and take Steroids and not even look remotely close to these guys.
    So true! I was witness to lower dose genetically freak people who grew like weeds. The doses would be unbelievable for today's lifters.

  15. #49
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,746

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lou0178 View Post
    If you realize your genetics aren't game, why not just compete naturally? You know you'll never make a dent, so just compete against yourself. just saying...
    There are few places to compete naturally that mean a damn, for one thing. I could have been a natty pro in some random-ass organization, but what would be the point? The IFBB is where all serious bb's aspire to be part of. They choose to be enhanced to compete against others who are, and many of them know their genetics aren't ideal. It's more about beating your previous best. After the age of 35-40, very few bb's can make any type of improvements without some 'help.'
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •