Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sometimes, nice guys DO finish first-Big Ron and Paulo

Default Sometimes, nice guys DO finish first-Big Ron and Paulo

For Paulo 'The Freak' Almeida, third time was the charm, but for Big Ron Partlow, it was......uhhhh.....I'll get back to you on that one......

For Paulo, he placed ninth his first try, third on his second, and then last weekend, he was superheavy winner, overall winner, and thus got his pro card.

For Ron, a multiple-time class winner, and, in my opinion, someone who should've won the overall on more than one occasion.

I have had the privilege of judging several of their shows, but more importantly, also getting to know them as just simply awesome guys.

Yeah yeah, I know.....Contests aren't a personality contest......Being a nice guy doesn't count.

That may be, but in this case, this past weekend, our country could not have sent two finer representatives to the pro ranks.

Paulo moved from Vancouver to sleepy little Victoria here and started at our sleepy little gym about a year ago. Despite his imposing size, he is quiet, soft-spoken, doesn't scream and throw weights, and is helpful and courteous to everyone who approaches him, freely giving tips and advice while asking nothing in return. And let me tell you-this guy busted his ass this past year...every day....and was relentless.

And Big Ron.....I think I've known him for about twelve years.......and whether I saw him at the Canadians, at an Olympia, or at a local show he attended as a Mutant rep, he was always happy to see you, smiling broadly, and always wants to know how you are. I remember the concern on his face when I'd seen him for the first time after I'd had a serious health scare. He is genuine to the core.

So, my point is, sure they are fine bodybuilders, but in this day and age of entitled divas, internet wannabes, and poor representatives for our sport, these two gentlemen are just that-gentlemen.

You want a guest poser, a rep for your product, or someone who would be great with the fans? Look no further than Canada's newest pros....Fitting, I guess, as we Canucks are known to be so damn nice.....

Mass Monster

Too long; didn't read

Agreed - congrats to both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by viciousV View Post
    Too long; didn't read
    thats my dude.

personal favorite

Wow....Sorry, I guess I forgot....We Canadians not just known for being friendly, but literate.

Forgive me for trying to be positive and complimentary.

I promise, my next thread will be one sentence and will be hating on someone-that way I'll fit right in.

Quote Originally Posted by bigtoph View Post
    Wow....Sorry, I guess I forgot....We Canadians not just known for being friendly, but literate.

I promise, my next thread will be one sentence and will be hating on someone-that way I'll fit right in.
    we are just joking around(although i really didnt read because thats way to much to read imo).

Stupid jokes, the text no is long in any case, and it is very inspiring to meet these two athletes.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

So did Ron P finally get his pro card?
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Mass Monster

Wow....Sorry, I guess I forgot....We Canadians not just known for being friendly, but seriously butthurt.

Fixed ^^^

Don't forget to dry the tears off your keyboard, son.

here in the US time is money...that is why your canadian essay seems a bit long to some of the american readers...I dont mind reading it, but since it is about 5% boy winning his pro card I lost my interest after reading the title.
    His arms and shoulders look very suspect, I even had Regan place ahead of him
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man comes to the Father, but by Me.
    JESUS THE CHRIST

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    So did Ron P finally get his pro card?
    Yes....Masters overall thus pro card.....

Quote Originally Posted by viciousV View Post
    Fixed ^^^

Don't forget to dry the tears off your keyboard, son.
    Ha!! You misinterpret irony and sarcasm for my feelings being hurt. Dude, the day some illiterate asshole's opinion hurts my feelings is the day Dennis Wolf wins the Olympia. Sorry Michael Edwards.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyIII View Post
    here in the US time is money...that is why your canadian essay seems a bit long to some of the american readers...I dont mind reading it, but since it is about 5% boy winning his pro card I lost my interest after reading the title.
    His arms and shoulders look very suspect, I even had Regan place ahead of him
    Dude-EVERYWHERE time is money, but unfortunately, also everywhere is the decline of people's attention spans and ability to focus on anything more than a quick sound byte. Very sad.

And don't tell me a post is too long to read when so many folks on here spend several hours a day.

I have no idea what 5% is, so I don't care. My post is based on seeing Paulo in my gym every day and seeing how hard he works.

Regan has an incredible future, but he was in the class below Paulo so they did not compete against each other. If they did, I would imagine that even if you prefer Regan's lines, you would have to defer to Paulo's development and muscularity.

Yes....Masters overall thus pro card.....
    Cool! I know he has been trying for so, so many years. Good to see persistence pay off. Always interesting when someone comes out of nowhere and turns pro super fast, but I personally don't find it inspiring at all.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Isn't Paulo already in his early 40's?
    "Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated."

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Cool! I know he has been trying for so, so many years. Good to see persistence pay off. Always interesting when someone comes out of nowhere and turns pro super fast, but I personally don't find it inspiring at all.
    Absolutely.....and it's not just his persistence, but his persistence when he had come so close for so many years. Many others would have become jaded and bitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Vin77 View Post
    Isn't Paulo already in his early 40's?
    Nope....Late 30's.....but not a lot of mileage on his body as he took a long layoff from training for years, so his body is still fresh and responding well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast