Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,038 to 1,054 of 1368

Thread: Go Time! | McCarver's 2016 Olympia Prep Starts NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick527 View Post
    Dallas or Matt (or Tyler if its been answered :P i read most of the thread and didn't see this)

1. If i was going to do the same amount of sets and eat the same amount of calories regardless, would splitting the workout to AM and PM sessions be beneficial? for example im going to eat 4000 calories and do 10 sets of quads and 10 hamstrings, splitting that to hams AM and quads PM.
    2. What about eating more and increasing volume over those two sessions?
    I'm asking strictly in terms of hypertrophy and growing, not for dieting/cutting weight

i understand its going to be highly individual, but i'd like your take and experience with it
    Check page 34. Dallas explains after the Olympia he was pushing his calories for his rebound. He started training twice a day (1. quads/ hams 2. chest / back 3. shoulders / arms) because he thought he could handle the extra work load with the extra food he was taking in

"That was booming for a couple of weeks, but then with the access of calories I was able to handle in the feed back along with plenty of rest and sleep I felt I could handle twice a day. So then we went to training every body part twice weakly with one off day every 7-10 days."

There is more info on that page for what he was doing then but this part directly related to your question the most

Muscle Head

thank you!

Muscle Head

Matt, how the hell do you or momma Jo cook them taters you have on your snapchat all the time? Those things look delicious my dude

Little Guy

Fkn wish I could enjoy some potatoes again. Was eating every kind of potato with absolutely no issues, then all of the sudden, GI issues instantly whenever I tried to consume them.

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Fkn wish I could enjoy some potatoes again. Was eating every kind of potato with absolutely no issues, then all of the sudden, GI issues instantly whenever I tried to consume them.
    Consistently eating the same foods can create gastrointestinal issues maybe get rid of them for a while and try re introducing them sometime down the road?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by millerb View Post
    Consistently eating the same foods can create gastrointestinal issues maybe get rid of them for a while and try re introducing them sometime down the road?

Aware.

I did give them up for quite some time, and tried re-introducing them again, but to no surprise, same issue. Haven't tried them in quite a while now, so may give them another attempt here soon.

Muscle Head

Quote Originally Posted by kbayne View Post
    Aware.

I did give them up for quite some time, and tried re-introducing them again, but to no surprise, same issue. Haven't tried them in quite a while now, so may give them another attempt here soon.
    Just an idea man wasn't sure if ya had, good luck with it!

Little Guy

Hey Matt or Dallas, got any advice for someone who has partially torn there pec, what I can do to work around it until 6 weeks when I can start back with light chest work again. Was planning on leaning down for the summer and then later this fall try to put some size on but stay lean. Thinking of trying to possibly do a show next year, maybe late spring. Thanks for any input.

Quote Originally Posted by millerb View Post
    Matt, how the hell do you or momma Jo cook them taters you have on your snapchat all the time? Those things look delicious my dude
    We have a convection oven which helps but we just cube them up and put them on a cookie sheet @ 400 (try 425 for regular oven) and we add sea salt, rosemary ect to them during the cooking process.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdaddy1207 View Post
    Hey Matt or Dallas, got any advice for someone who has partially torn there pec, what I can do to work around it until 6 weeks when I can start back with light chest work again. Was planning on leaning down for the summer and then later this fall try to put some size on but stay lean. Thinking of trying to possibly do a show next year, maybe late spring. Thanks for any input.
    What limitations do you have with upper body ranges of motion / angles outside of just your chest if any at all? First thing is that you for SURE can invest some time into building your legs and place the focus of your training there as your chest recovers. Dont drastically pull back on food without need either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjansen View Post
    We have a convection oven which helps but we just cube them up and put them on a cookie sheet @ 400 (try 425 for regular oven) and we add sea salt, rosemary ect to them during the cooking process.
    Matt what would you recommend for legs if i cant squat because my lower back is fucked?

Little Guy

What limitations do you have with upper body ranges of motion / angles outside of just your chest if any at all? First thing is that you for SURE can invest some time into building your legs and place the focus of your training there as your chest recovers. Dont drastically pull back on food without need either.
    Well doc said I have to wait 6 weeks till I can hit chest at all, I'm at 2 weeks now, but I'm able to pretty much train everything else, there are a few exercises I can't do as it pulls on my chest a bit but over all I'm able to hit stuff pretty decent. My chest so far isn't all that tight and my range of motion it really good considering. I'm already on a lower carb diet with good amount of protein and moderate fats. I guess my concern is will I ever be able to recover to a point I can lift heavy again without having issues.

Little Guy

Also wanted to know if you do any coaching. Cause at this point I'm not really sure what to do after the 6 weeks to get my chest back up and going again.

Muscle Head

Bake em for like 45?

Just saw the latest instagram pics....look out for Dallas. And, he hasn't destroyed his physique by getting too big due to his height/frame (specifically in the gut).
    Cyberpump! - The Home of High Intensity Training (HIT) - http://www.cyberpump.com

Quote Originally Posted by DallasMcCarver View Post
    Here's something I've wanted to discuss and haven't really known how to address it without stepping on some toes or hurting some feelings.... so everyone please remain calm n no one get but hurt. Also this is not meant to discourage you guys in ANYWAYS from asking ALL and ANY questions you may have as I don't know your individual situation and can't speak directly for each of you but..

I see a lot of Itty bitty detailed questions asked in here and THAT'S A GREAT THING, but let's keep in mind a few things that are ALWAYS going to be MOST important. I'm going to lay out 3 key things that I think honestly over rule everything you do in this sport and if taken seriously will eventually lead to inevitable success (within gentic limitations onviously).

1. Intensity
    - bust your fucking ass!! We got guys worried about type of shoes, fish oils, exact intra workout mixes, rest period times, exact protein to fat to carb ratios, how many grams of bcaa and glutamine to take yet they train like bikini girls!!! So let's all step back from the drawing bored and Nutt up to the grinding stone and keep in mind none of this nit picky Itty bitty bull shit will replace you getting in that gym and busting your ass to the point of fainting and/ or vomiting every damn day! Fuck over training, Fuck all this modernized bull shit just get in there and BUST YOUR ASS! Same with the diet you've got to such it the hell up and eat your meals on time as you should. None of this I was too busy or tired or whatever if you want it get to it!

2. CONSISTENCY
    - so once you actually learn what true intensity is, which few actually understand, you do that shit day in and day out. Learn to live for those meals, learn to miss that nauseated dizzy feeling in the gym. You've got to CRAVE that shit because that ultimately is what's going to get you to where you want to be! If you love the result you'll learn to love the process.

3. Intensity
    - oh I already mentioned that!? Well that's because it's that damn important! I can't stress enough how weak minded most of the population is, hell now days people can't even handle words and negativity let alone actually real physical pain... SUCK IT UP PRINCESS!! Heavy weight won't hurt you if done properly with strict form! Yeah it hurts, yeah you can't breath, you Wana lay down and quit!?! DO ANOTHER SET NOW!!! There's nothing wrong with being intense to the point of being a Lil crazy or even angry.. I used to have a football coach that said, "intensity is the key to success you gotta give it all you got and then give that AGAIN if you want to be great! Do you not think the next guy is giving what he THINKS is all hes got well you've got to KNOW you've got more to give than him!!"

Not really a rant guy just a pep talk... let's all remember none of this nickel and dime stuff we discuss in here will ever take presence of CONSISTENT HARD WORK!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    Bumping one of the best posts in this thread

That post should just be a sticky at the top of every page in this thread ^ I posted it to my facebook not long ago. Some of the best advice I've ever read

Page 62 of 81 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172 ... LastLast