Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dallas McCarver's Journey To Greatness - Chest, Delts & Triceps Workout

Default Dallas McCarver's Journey To Greatness - Chest, Delts & Triceps Workout

Awesome video, wealth of information.

Matt, I understand your approach to warmups: do only 4-6 reps to prime the muscle, and figure out the weight to be used on the working set.

I'm wondering how many warmup sets Dallas might do? Is it a fixed number, or does he just use as many as he needs to figure out the weight he will use?

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post

Matt, I understand your approach to warmups: do only 4-6 reps to prime the muscle, and figure out the weight to be used on the working set.

I'm wondering how many warmup sets Dallas might do? Is it a fixed number, or does he just use as many as he needs to figure out the weight he will use?
    Is typically just by feel unless matt puts a number to it.

These videos are great and much more informativ then the typical bench, drop set, chicken rice and posing videos!
    Want to improve day in and day out.
    Learning more and more every day

Quote Originally Posted by Julienne_Salad View Post

This is all relative to the end goal load being used and movement. Squats and bench are going to require a lot more "priming" work than DB lateral raises for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you guys. Awesome video. Dallas is looking good. Wishing him all the best. Tonight is my chest day and I'm going to try that same training style. Also where can I get that hat???
    Polish Power

I'm glad i watched this video. I think we all get into comfort zones when we train and even when we think we are pushing ourselves our body is still used to the stress. I liked this approach, almost Dorian Yates style. Low volume, all out "one set" - however it's a lot of rest pauses which technically make it multiple sets but the weight doesn't change, hence the same working set. And then i liked the addition of drop sets after Dallas went to complete failure and lastly, the superset at the end.

Dallas may surprise some people at the O, there is a realistic chance at cracking top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Mjansen View Post
    This is all relative to the end goal load being used and movement. Squats and bench are going to require a lot more "priming" work than DB lateral raises for example.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks, makes sense.

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

One of the best training videos I have seen in a very long time! I love the attention to strict form and the thinking behind the workout, this serves as a great tool for younger guys and how form plays a vital role in muscle stimulation! As for Dallas you have a very god trainer and your muscle maturity is starting to show! All the best at The Olympia Kid!

Love this way of training. Makes sense to me creating more growth opportunities per year. Are you using a push/pull/legs split Dallas?

Quote Originally Posted by powerhouse_ad View Post
    Love this way of training. Makes sense to me creating more growth opportunities per year. Are you using a push/pull/legs split Dallas?
    No not at all. This isn't a typical day for me... this was during my rebound phase thus lower volume. You can follow along with the prep thread in no bull for my current trianing, diet, and everything.