Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Athletes Publication Contracts - Has Social Media Killed Them?

Default Athletes Publication Contracts - Has Social Media Killed Them?

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

All except DLB's!!!!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Social Media have simply diminished the value of the exclusive contract the way exclusives were 10 years ago. However....modern day contracts CAN be written in such a way to include an athlete's social media for the benefit of the publication. Simple.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

People don't read mags anymore. They want INSTANT access and social media provides that. I saw Dexter guest pose the DAY after it happened. I still love getting my mags but they are smaller and Flex is bi monthly now. No more waiting to see what guys look like or gossip, its all on IG.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    People don't read mags anymore. They want INSTANT access and social media provides that. I saw Dexter guest pose the DAY after it happened. I still love getting my mags but they are smaller and Flex is bi monthly now. No more waiting to see what guys look like or gossip, its all on IG.
    This!!

If you have free and instant access because paying for something that is delayed? In addition, current generations are an ass to read a few paragraphs.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Same reason kids these days and in my day jump to gear and stupid supps so fast because they dont want to put the time in they want it NOW.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

I also think social media has hurt print magazines in terms of advertising dollars. A lot of companies seem to do most of their advertising via IG bodybuilders and models with big #'s of followers. There are plenty of hot chicks who work out and who have 100K followers who are more than happy to blast out spam every day along with boob and butt pics for a few jugs of whey protein and commissions from using their discount codes.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I also think social media has hurt print magazines in terms of advertising dollars. A lot of companies seem to do most of their advertising via IG bodybuilders and models with big #'s of followers. There are plenty of hot chicks who work out and who have 100K followers who are more than happy to blast out spam every day along with boob and butt pics for a few jugs of whey protein and commissions from using their discount codes.
    That is what i hate about IG. This one chick i just saw had her Ass out and said 50 dollar meal plans message me, meanwhile im like WTF is this shit all about. I post a pic of a textbook for a course i am taking right now on Special populations dealing with chronic diseases and disabilities and i get like 10 likes lol. Its not the likes i care about but getting a message out that clearly i wont get without posting half naked pics of myself or some chick. Total bullshit.

Pit, they say sex sells, but on IG sex is EVERYTHING! There are so many hot girls who none of us have ever heard of that post nearly nude pics up every day and have anywhere from 100K to over a million followers. I love looking at chicks with banging bodies, but that's just nuts!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Pit, they say sex sells, but on IG sex is EVERYTHING! There are so many hot girls who none of us have ever heard of that post nearly nude pics up every day and have anywhere from 100K to over a million followers. I love looking at chicks with banging bodies, but that's just nuts!
    I do too but that shit gets annoying as hell also. As crazy as it will sound when i go to montreal i am GUNG HO to hit the strip clubs first day amazing second day ok third day im like alright enough already. Shit just gets old. Again i know it sounds crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    That is what i hate about IG. This one chick i just saw had her Ass out and said 50 dollar meal plans message me, meanwhile im like WTF is this shit all about. I post a pic of a textbook for a course i am taking right now on Special populations dealing with chronic diseases and disabilities and i get like 10 likes lol. Its not the likes i care about but getting a message out that clearly i wont get without posting half naked pics of myself or some chick. Total bullshit.
    The dominant social values are depressing.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»