Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Athletes Publication Contracts - Has Social Media Killed Them?

  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,629
    Gender
    Male

    Default Athletes Publication Contracts - Has Social Media Killed Them?


  2. #2
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    66,238

    Default

    All except DLB's!!!!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  3. #3

    Default

    Social Media have simply diminished the value of the exclusive contract the way exclusives were 10 years ago. However....modern day contracts CAN be written in such a way to include an athlete's social media for the benefit of the publication. Simple.

  4. #4
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    66,238

    Default

    People don't read mags anymore. They want INSTANT access and social media provides that. I saw Dexter guest pose the DAY after it happened. I still love getting my mags but they are smaller and Flex is bi monthly now. No more waiting to see what guys look like or gossip, its all on IG.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  5. #5
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,541
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    People don't read mags anymore. They want INSTANT access and social media provides that. I saw Dexter guest pose the DAY after it happened. I still love getting my mags but they are smaller and Flex is bi monthly now. No more waiting to see what guys look like or gossip, its all on IG.
    This!!

    If you have free and instant access because paying for something that is delayed? In addition, current generations are an ass to read a few paragraphs.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    People don't read mags anymore. They want INSTANT access and social media provides that. I saw Dexter guest pose the DAY after it happened. I still love getting my mags but they are smaller and Flex is bi monthly now. No more waiting to see what guys look like or gossip, its all on IG.
    Same reason kids these days and in my day jump to gear and stupid supps so fast because they dont want to put the time in they want it NOW.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  7. #7
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,588

    Default

    I also think social media has hurt print magazines in terms of advertising dollars. A lot of companies seem to do most of their advertising via IG bodybuilders and models with big #'s of followers. There are plenty of hot chicks who work out and who have 100K followers who are more than happy to blast out spam every day along with boob and butt pics for a few jugs of whey protein and commissions from using their discount codes.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    I also think social media has hurt print magazines in terms of advertising dollars. A lot of companies seem to do most of their advertising via IG bodybuilders and models with big #'s of followers. There are plenty of hot chicks who work out and who have 100K followers who are more than happy to blast out spam every day along with boob and butt pics for a few jugs of whey protein and commissions from using their discount codes.
    That is what i hate about IG. This one chick i just saw had her Ass out and said 50 dollar meal plans message me, meanwhile im like WTF is this shit all about. I post a pic of a textbook for a course i am taking right now on Special populations dealing with chronic diseases and disabilities and i get like 10 likes lol. Its not the likes i care about but getting a message out that clearly i wont get without posting half naked pics of myself or some chick. Total bullshit.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  9. #9
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,588

    Default

    Pit, they say sex sells, but on IG sex is EVERYTHING! There are so many hot girls who none of us have ever heard of that post nearly nude pics up every day and have anywhere from 100K to over a million followers. I love looking at chicks with banging bodies, but that's just nuts!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Harris View Post
    Pit, they say sex sells, but on IG sex is EVERYTHING! There are so many hot girls who none of us have ever heard of that post nearly nude pics up every day and have anywhere from 100K to over a million followers. I love looking at chicks with banging bodies, but that's just nuts!
    I do too but that shit gets annoying as hell also. As crazy as it will sound when i go to montreal i am GUNG HO to hit the strip clubs first day amazing second day ok third day im like alright enough already. Shit just gets old. Again i know it sounds crazy.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  11. #11
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,541
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    That is what i hate about IG. This one chick i just saw had her Ass out and said 50 dollar meal plans message me, meanwhile im like WTF is this shit all about. I post a pic of a textbook for a course i am taking right now on Special populations dealing with chronic diseases and disabilities and i get like 10 likes lol. Its not the likes i care about but getting a message out that clearly i wont get without posting half naked pics of myself or some chick. Total bullshit.
    The dominant social values are depressing.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •