Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: PBW: HOT TOPICS - NEW "TESTED" DIVISION & A STAR POWER SHORTAGE! (Listen Now)

  1. #1

    Default PBW: HOT TOPICS - NEW "TESTED" DIVISION & A STAR POWER SHORTAGE! (Listen Now)


    This Week on PBW:



    PBW: HOT TOPICS – NEW “TESTED DIVISION” & A STAR POWER SHORTAGE! (Listen Now)


    On a special Friday edition of PBW Radio we take a look at some of the topics that are creating buzz around bodybuilding. Topics ranging from the creation of the NPC’s new “Tested” division along with widespread concerns over a lack of star power at many of the summer’s pro events. -- Presented by MD, this episode of PBW is available now!

    Listen Now with MD’s PBW Player: www.MuscularDevelopment.com/pbw
    Courtesy of Advanced Molecular Labs


    More info at www.PBWRadio.com

  2. #2
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,791
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    A tested Division is a great idea so guys can compete as a Hobby and enjoy a long life!

  3. #3
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,814
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    obviously the promoters would like the big names but its not viable for the top 5 at the Olympia to compete at multiple shows.
    THIS!!

    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    A tested Division is a great idea so guys can compete as a Hobby and enjoy a long life!
    A Pro division? You have a lot of natty contest, no need more.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  4. #4
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,791
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    THIS!!



    A Pro division? You have a lot of natty contest, no need more.
    F
    I love the FREAKS and am not anti juice but a tested Pro Division is a very innovative idea for guys who don't want to take big risks with their health.

  5. #5

    Default

    Please, tested and NPC or IFBB is an oxymoron. Lmao. It will never happen. Plus, aren't most of the competitors natural anyway? Lol

  6. #6
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by allnatural42 View Post
    Please, tested and NPC or IFBB is an oxymoron. Lmao. It will never happen. Plus, aren't most of the competitors natural anyway? Lol
    I know what you mean! It's crazy to try to have shows that enforce the rules .
    The "free for all" freak show has been a media hit and even NBC covered the 50th Olympia.
    Considering that 50th Olympia was seen by millions is more proof that freaks sell tickets.

    Along with the increase in TV contest coverage, the pro contest circuit live webcasts are a huge success and growing.
    Thanks to that,BB fans don't miss a minute of live contest coverage.

    Pro BB rules and judging standards are already the most clear and objective of any pro league now.
    Besides that, drug use is personal choice and nobody ever got busted for it.

    Only an idiot would try to discourage hardcore drug use in pro/national shows.
    I seriously doubt a major network like NBC-sports would consider showing a natural event.

    So, you retards can talk up natty BB and hope. I'll be watching NBC sports network replays of the 50th Olympia. If it ain't broke , don't fix it!

    'nuff said...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  7. #7
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    THIS!!



    A Pro division? You have a lot of natty contest, no need more.
    I agree MPD surf shorts models and bikini babes on stage are a lot more hardcore then natty BB's.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  8. #8
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    F
    I love the FREAKS and am not anti juice but a tested Pro Division is a very innovative idea for guys who don't want to take big risks with their health.
    No way can a natty div compete with juiced freaks for contest webcast pay per view coverage.
    For the past 15 yrs TV sports networks ONLY want to show juiced up freaks.

    The current freak show is a huge media success.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  9. #9
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    agree with Chad on the comparisons of today's bodybuilder vs in the past due to social media.
    also i don't think there has been a lack of star power at the contests, it gives others the opertuntity to make a name for themself and rise
    obviously the promoters would like the big names but its not viable for the top 5 at the Olympia to compete at multiple shows.
    they have earnes those placings so they should not be brought up in the conversasion,althou they should still be visable for there fans thruout the year.
    Arnold Classics in Brazil and Spain have been doing very well in terms of top competitors..and Arnold Classic Columbus is still the premiere title to achieve other then Mr Olympia..
    also Arnold Classics Australia will continue to grow
    No question that social media has meant more success and income $$ for the newer IFBB pros.
    Network TV is a joke compared to getting "likes" on FB and instagram pics.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  10. #10
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,744
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I know what you mean! It's crazy to try to have shows that enforce the rules .
    The "free for all" freak show has been a media hit and even NBC covered the 50th Olympia.
    Considering that 50th Olympia was seen by millions is more proof that freaks sell tickets.

    Along with the increase in TV contest coverage, the pro contest circuit live webcasts are a huge success and growing.
    Thanks to that,BB fans don't miss a minute of live contest coverage.

    Pro BB rules and judging standards are already the most clear and objective of any pro league now.
    Besides that, drug use is personal choice and nobody ever got busted for it.

    Only an idiot would try to discourage hardcore drug use in pro/national shows.
    I seriously doubt a major network like NBC-sports would consider showing a natural event.

    So, you retards can talk up natty BB and hope. I'll be watching NBC sports network replays of the 50th Olympia. If it ain't broke , don't fix it!

    'nuff said...
    I can't 100% remember at this point but I don't think NBC ever aired what they filmed at last year's Olympia. Can anybody verify that?

  11. #11
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I can't 100% remember at this point but I don't think NBC ever aired what they filmed at last year's Olympia. Can anybody verify that?
    It was moved to the parent network of NBC and given a primetime spot on Feb 30th last winter.
    Jason Genova was interviewed and actually provided some in depth analysis on the current pro scene.
    I was pleased to see Bob Chic present Lee Priest with the IFBB sportsmanship award during the finals.
    The big news was that NBC signed a 10 yr contract to air the (taped) Olympia every year on Feb 30th.

    In semi-related news, I'm launching my run for an MPD pro card in 2016.
    I hope to be oldest open MPD pro card winner in NPC history.
    Tell the Mayor it's board shorts or bust for this AARP member.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  12. #12
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mayor of bodybuilding View Post
    F
    I love the FREAKS and am not anti juice but a tested Pro Division is a very innovative idea for guys who don't want to take big risks with their health.

    Once I become the oldest MPD pro card winner, it will become the greatest div in IFBB history.
    I included a recent pic and may need to drop another 2-3 lbs...maybe.
    Hmmmm, maybe I should try red print board shorts and gain 2-3 more lbs to look fuller?
    Your thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

  13. #13
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,814
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Howard View Post
    I was pleased to see Bob Chic present Lee Priest with the IFBB sportsmanship award during the finals.
    LOL
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  14. #14
    Forum Judge Howard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Mirage hotel ice machine 7
    Posts
    21,273
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    LOL
    I hoped someone would catch that.
    What is your feeling on airing the O on FEB 30th each yr?
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •