Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 868

Thread: Wings of Strength Texas | Finals Day 2

  1. #18
    Barbarian smoforest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    694

    Default

    [QUOTE=Adina Zanolli;3943319]He's tied with Vic for first in points, so he'd be secure with that, based on how many shows left. He's likely secure now. If Branch and Steve takes wins, they'll be off this list. Justin isn't competing in either of the remaining shows.

    Victor Martinez (Dominican Republic), 14
    Johnny Jackson (USA), 14
    Branch Warren (USA), 13
    Steve Kuclo (USA), 11
    Justin Compton (USA), 11
    Brad Rowe (USA), 11
    Michael Lockett (USA), 9
    Robert Piotrkowicz (Poland), 9
    Evan Centopani (USA), 8
    Renaldo Gairy (Canada), 8
    Stefan Havlik (USA), 7
    Akim Williams (USA), 6[/QUOTE

    adina, how does the point system work? Top 3 score? Top 5 score? Or is it based on how high the score is?

  2. #19
    Barbarian smoforest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somedevil View Post
    Manny Romero should do this show..he'd be in the mix for sure
    i agree! He will be fighting with Kuclo for first place

  3. #20
    Barbarian Mileman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    545
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Can't really see the point as you'd go from first to 'just pleased to be here'.
    Was just thinking of the X man...it could be a ticket to the O, I seem to remember him wanting to have one more time on stage in Vegas.

    I completely see your point though.
    Don´t care if it´s covered with mud, dirt or blood...45 pounds is 45 pounds.

  4. #21
    Forum Legend RMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dave415's epic combover lulz
    Posts
    24,065
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mileman View Post
    Was just thinking of the X man...it could be a ticket to the O, I seem to remember him wanting to have one more time on stage in Vegas.

    I completely see your point though.
    Now I see your point.
    Confirm what I already know

  5. #22
    Chief Digital Officer Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    16,908
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mileman View Post
    Was just thinking of the X man...it could be a ticket to the O, I seem to remember him wanting to have one more time on stage in Vegas.

    I completely see your point though.
    Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    Now I see your point.
    I see both your points

  6. #23
    IFBB Pro Brad Rowe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    1,016
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mileman View Post
    If you win a Masters Pro show, do you get a ticket to the O or it does not work that way?
    Thats only for guys who won their pro card at a Masters class like Team U masters, Masters Nats, and North American Masters classes.

  7. #24
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mileman View Post
    If you win a Masters Pro show, do you get a ticket to the O or it does not work that way?
    No. Doesn't work like that. A Masters Pro win is just a win to. Doesn't qualify you for anything.

    As far as the Masters Pro shows, most are open. The one Gary Udit hosts, is open to guys who won their pro card at a masters show. So, Dexter couldn't do it, but Vinny Galanti could.

  8. #25
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    [QUOTE=smoforest;3943475]
    Quote Originally Posted by Adina Zanolli View Post
    He's tied with Vic for first in points, so he'd be secure with that, based on how many shows left. He's likely secure now. If Branch and Steve takes wins, they'll be off this list. Justin isn't competing in either of the remaining shows.

    Victor Martinez (Dominican Republic), 14
    Johnny Jackson (USA), 14
    Branch Warren (USA), 13
    Steve Kuclo (USA), 11
    Justin Compton (USA), 11
    Brad Rowe (USA), 11
    Michael Lockett (USA), 9
    Robert Piotrkowicz (Poland), 9
    Evan Centopani (USA), 8
    Renaldo Gairy (Canada), 8
    Stefan Havlik (USA), 7
    Akim Williams (USA), 6[/QUOTE

    adina, how does the point system work? Top 3 score? Top 5 score? Or is it based on how high the score is?

    Top five receive an invite.

    What they've been doing in the place of ties is sending all.

    What they can do, as the rules state... if there's two tied for third in the points, it would go to the one with the highest placing. Like, JOJ has a second place finish. If there was someone with mainly 4th place points, he'd be over them.

    In Fitness last year though, they didn't break the tie, they sent all the ladies that were tied.

  9. #26

    Default

    [QUOTE=Adina Zanolli;3943571]
    Quote Originally Posted by smoforest View Post


    Top five receive an invite.

    What they've been doing in the place of ties is sending all.

    What they can do, as the rules state... if there's two tied for third in the points, it would go to the one with the highest placing. Like, JOJ has a second place finish. If there was someone with mainly 4th place points, he'd be over them.

    In Fitness last year though, they didn't break the tie, they sent all the ladies that were tied.
    How about if someone faced top tier competitors and the other one place a bit higher against low level bodybuilders? That Should be considered.

  10. #27
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    [QUOTE=2pacabs;3943587]
    Quote Originally Posted by Adina Zanolli View Post
    How about if someone faced top tier competitors and the other one place a bit higher against low level bodybuilders? That Should be considered.
    Doesn't factor in. The tiers are just something we all refer to, but isn't really a given label. And most guys who are second tier are blissfully unaware of this fact.

  11. #28
    Barbarian Mileman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    545
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Thanks Adina and Brad!!!
    Don´t care if it´s covered with mud, dirt or blood...45 pounds is 45 pounds.

  12. #29
    Barbarian smoforest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    694

    Default

    [QUOTE=Adina Zanolli;3943571]
    Quote Originally Posted by smoforest View Post


    Top five receive an invite.

    What they've been doing in the place of ties is sending all.

    What they can do, as the rules state... if there's two tied for third in the points, it would go to the one with the highest placing. Like, JOJ has a second place finish. If there was someone with mainly 4th place points, he'd be over them.

    In Fitness last year though, they didn't break the tie, they sent all the ladies that were tied.
    Thanks Adina, you are a wealth of information

  13. #30
    Little Guy Adina Zanolli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    38,880

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mileman View Post
    Thanks Adina and Brad!!!
    My pleasure!

    [QUOTE=smoforest;3943620]
    Quote Originally Posted by Adina Zanolli View Post

    Thanks Adina, you are a wealth of information
    Not bad for someone who used to teach English!

  14. #31

    Default

    Anne Luise Freitas is/was FBB placed 6th at the Ms Olympia last year wonder how she will look downsized in WPD .
    image.jpg

  15. #32
    Forum Legend RMB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Dave415's epic combover lulz
    Posts
    24,065
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I see both your points
    Ha ha!
    Confirm what I already know

  16. #33
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    18,522
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1Patrick View Post
    Anne Luise Freitas is/was FBB placed 6th at the Ms Olympia last year wonder how she will look downsized in WPD .
    image.jpg
    It looks like a bad move.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

  17. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    It looks like a bad move.
    She's probably in the wrong class. She will do the bodybuilding not WP.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •