Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Wings of Strength Texas | Finals Day 2

Steve looking on point! Should win this easily and will be interesting come Olympia time in that top 10.

Santana moving to the 212's....going against his coach, John Meadows. Interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    You know how I feel about this....If they held the bikini or MPD Olympia on a different day as stand alone events, would anybody attend other than family? The Ms. O was held with the rest of the show and it worked. But, what do I know?
    I think the difference is this, and this is just my opinion: from the ground floor, meaning the first time you step on stage, bikini, WPD, etc bring way more to the NPC./IFBB.

You have an NPC event with female bodybuilding, and you have two girls show up. Maybe three. You have NPC MPD or bikini, and so many show up that you have to split into more classes than you planned, because you'd have 40 in a class.

National level has seen no difference. Pro cards have been awarded when there's 5 or 6 in few classes compared to bikini with 40 some odd girls per class spread across 6 classes.

If you compared the money brought in by any of the other divisions over the course of a year, I'm guessing it's astronomically different.

Add to that, it's way easier to get a sponsor for bikini or MPD than it is for FBB or even BB. A bikini girl or MPD is what more people aspire to be and buy products for.

Then you factor in that if I look at the views on my contest gallery, the views aren't there for FBB. They're just not.

So at the end of the day, to have the Olympia, which comes with sanction fees and prize money, the ROI just isn't there.

And this is coming from a super fan of Lenda Murray.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Adina I don't disagree with you at all. Bikini and MPD bring in WAY more money and the numbers at shows are huge, but holding the Ms. O during Olympia weekend wasn't causing anyone to LOSE money. Shit, they don't show the MPD on the webcast for a reason! Nobody wants to see it. I know when bikini comes on, I go watch TV or smoke another bowl to help pass the time. But im a different type of fan and im the minority.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Adina I don't disagree with you at all. Bikini and MPD bring in WAY more money and the numbers at shows are huge, but holding the Ms. O during Olympia weekend wasn't causing anyone to LOSE money. Shit, they don't show the MPD on the webcast for a reason! Nobody wants to see it. I know when bikini comes on, I go watch TV or smoke another bowl to help pass the time. But im a different type of fan and im the minority.
    Why keep paying all the flights, hotels, meals, prize money, etc... when it's not making money? That's like giving it away just because.

How does Tim Gardner make it work? he holds 3-5 FBB shows a year
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Quote Originally Posted by Adina Zanolli View Post
    I think the difference is this, and this is just my opinion: from the ground floor, meaning the first time you step on stage, bikini, WPD, etc bring way more to the NPC./IFBB.

You have an NPC event with female bodybuilding, and you have two girls show up. Maybe three. You have NPC MPD or bikini, and so many show up that you have to split into more classes than you planned, because you'd have 40 in a class.

National level has seen no difference. Pro cards have been awarded when there's 5 or 6 in few classes compared to bikini with 40 some odd girls per class spread across 6 classes.

If you compared the money brought in by any of the other divisions over the course of a year, I'm guessing it's astronomically different.

Add to that, it's way easier to get a sponsor for bikini or MPD than it is for FBB or even BB. A bikini girl or MPD is what more people aspire to be and buy products for.

Then you factor in that if I look at the views on my contest gallery, the views aren't there for FBB. They're just not.

So at the end of the day, to have the Olympia, which comes with sanction fees and prize money, the ROI just isn't there.

And this is coming from a super fan of Lenda Murray.
    The same argument can be made for Fitness or Teen Bodybuilding. You only have 1 or 2 competitors at an NPC show, but these divisions still exist even though they don't bring in the money like MPD or bikini.
    Rather than giving up on a division, there should have been a plan to expand it.

Fitness is dying as fast as FBB. IMO, Fitness is the BEST and most exciting part of the Olympia and ASC. Those girls are the shit
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Body:

1 Kuclo
    2 Jo-j
    3 Robert-P

How does Tim Gardner make it work? he holds 3-5 FBB shows a year
    Because Wings of Strength backs it. They are a great sponsor and great supporter of female bodybuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by fbbhubby View Post
    The same argument can be made for Fitness or Teen Bodybuilding. You only have 1 or 2 competitors at an NPC show, but these divisions still exist even though they don't bring in the money like MPD or bikini.
    Rather than giving up on a division, there should have been a plan to expand it.
    With Teen Bodybuilding, the only real expense is a trophy.

With Fitness, the ladies themselves get out and find sponsors and ways to keep it going. I would imagine that FBB could do the same - find sponsors and people to back the prize money. I've seen the fitness competitors actively working for a few years now to keep it going. I've not seen the same with FBB, other than the Wings of Strength owners.

Sadly, only sponsors for FBB would be schmoes.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

So im assuming Robin Chang owned the Ms. Olympia name so Wings of Strength couldn't use it? Any word if we will be able to see the Olympia if we are not attending? I know Robin (he told me I can call him by his first name) said something is in the works, but its getting close
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

So im assuming Robin Chang owned the Ms. Olympia name so Wings of Strength couldn't use it? Any word if we will be able to see the Olympia if we are not attending? I know Robin (he told me I can call him by his first name) said something is in the works, but its getting close
    Great idea!!
    "In the future, my name anger attached to greatness. I am dynamite."

Amazon is sponsoring the live feed. So, you will definitely get to see it.

I am honestly not sure who owns the name. I know it comes with a bigger sanction fee than creating this new show. I know it was talked about, but don't know any details, as far is if it would have been allowed.

Yay!!!!! I have something to do Olympia weekend!!! LOL Wait, like AMAZON, as in Amazon.com the company that has everything?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY

Amazon is sponsoring the live feed. So, you will definitely get to see it.

I am honestly not sure who owns the name. I know it comes with a bigger sanction fee than creating this new show. I know it was talked about, but don't know any details, as far is if it would have been allowed.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast