Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 18 to 32 of 32

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger On Diet - His Off-season & Pre-contest Diet

  1. #18
    Freak of Nature OldSchool90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    11,782
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    striated asshole isnt everything.

  2. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    You had to be there
    Posts
    10,484
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    The problem these days is too much emphasis placed on mens asses.

  3. #20
    Mass Monster IRON DWARF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Joizy
    Posts
    5,498
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    The problem these days is too much emphasis placed on mens asses.
    Yep.

    As great as Ronnie was, it was always off-putting seeing him in a back pose, reaching a hand around to pull his trunks up into his striated ass.

    No one needs to see that.

  4. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    striated asshole isnt everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...
    Is this fucking guy serious. Did he really just say shredded glutes? Jesus christ my man WHO THE FUCK CARES if the ass is shredded or not what a lame ass thing to say and be judged by.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  5. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stas29 View Post
    Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  6. #23
    Mass Monster IRON DWARF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Joizy
    Posts
    5,498
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.

    Not as easy as it seems. You will have very little energy for training legs... unless you do it on the weekend.

  7. #24
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,733

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    No pro I can think of in the last 25 years down sized like Arnold in the off season. That being said Arnold was a part time body builder for most of his Olympia career, he did not want to be massive in the off season when doing films. Probably saved his health big time considering.
    Levrone did it too, other than him I can't think of anyone else. I used to see Kevin at 215 or so at 4 months out from the Olympia, then at the O he would be 250 and ripped.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  8. #25
    MD staff Daibhí O'Buadain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Sponsored Bodybuilding Athlete
    Posts
    20,136
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...
    Jesus...
    No one gave a crap about shredded glutes back then.
    People wore posing trunks on stage, not a male thong that allows showing off the condition of their ass.
    Back then the diets were effective as to meet the conditioning requirements to win a contest.

  9. #26
    Iron Addict
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    2,772
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    lol. not effective, ok shape, not amazing conditioning.



    you barely see guys today in that kind of shape. x-mas tree and dry conditioning are very rare even though most guys have way way more access to dietary drugs and cardio equipment.
    These guys look better than any pro today, easy

  10. #27
    Freak of Nature a.j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    tigerstaden. Oslo Norway
    Posts
    15,391
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    These guys look better than any pro today, easy
    ohh no they dont far from it


  11. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    You had to be there
    Posts
    10,484
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    lol. not effective, ok shape, not amazing conditioning.



    you barely see guys today in that kind of shape. x-mas tree and dry conditioning are very rare even though most guys have way way more access to dietary drugs and cardio equipment.
    They all had great calves also. Arnold calves were plain sick.

  12. #29
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    277
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.
    Hey Pit! Dont worry about energy levels man the body needs 4-5 days to make the metabolic shift and start burning the fat. You need 30gr of carbs per day which I would recomment to take pre workout. Keep your fatty meals away from the training to lose more fat. Meal before and after better be chicken/white fish green salad type. On the loading day reduce fat and protein and add carbs. The secret is not to exceed the total amount of calories you take in the previous days on the carb up. Supplement always with cal/mag and never cut your salt on this diet.

  13. #30
    Juggernaut GeorgeUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,536
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    The problem these days is too much emphasis placed on mens asses.
    It's also altered how people pose their legs in back shots.
    Old school had the legs closer to each other in an attempt to display calf and hams (unless both feet planted) whilst new school has the legs splayed out with an attempt to display glutes and hams.

    I feel that many old schoolers would have shown sharper glutes if they chose to make it a priority in their posing. It wasn't a priority back then. Calfs were.
    D E S T R O Y

  14. #31
    Mass Monster IRON DWARF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Joizy
    Posts
    5,498
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    It's also altered how people pose their legs in back shots.
    Old school had the legs closer to each other in an attempt to display calf and hams (unless both feet planted) whilst new school has the legs splayed out with an attempt to display glutes and hams.

    I feel that many old schoolers would have shown sharper glutes if they chose to make it a priority in their posing. It wasn't a priority back then. Calfs were.
    Aesthetically, I find the wider stance poses used today look terribly awkward.

  15. #32
    Colemanesque Beti ona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    21,890
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    I like more posing modern style.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •