Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger On Diet - His Off-season & Pre-contest Diet

striated asshole isnt everything.

Banned

The problem these days is too much emphasis placed on mens asses.

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    Yep.

As great as Ronnie was, it was always off-putting seeing him in a back pose, reaching a hand around to pull his trunks up into his striated ass.

No one needs to see that.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchool90 View Post
    striated asshole isnt everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...
    Is this fucking guy serious. Did he really just say shredded glutes? Jesus christ my man WHO THE FUCK CARES if the ass is shredded or not what a lame ass thing to say and be judged by.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Stas29 View Post
    Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.

Not as easy as it seems. You will have very little energy for training legs... unless you do it on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    No pro I can think of in the last 25 years down sized like Arnold in the off season. That being said Arnold was a part time body builder for most of his Olympia career, he did not want to be massive in the off season when doing films. Probably saved his health big time considering.
    Levrone did it too, other than him I can't think of anyone else. I used to see Kevin at 215 or so at 4 months out from the Olympia, then at the O he would be 250 and ripped.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...
    Jesus...
    No one gave a crap about shredded glutes back then.
    People wore posing trunks on stage, not a male thong that allows showing off the condition of their ass.
    Back then the diets were effective as to meet the conditioning requirements to win a contest.

Iron Addict

lol. not effective, ok shape, not amazing conditioning.

you barely see guys today in that kind of shape. x-mas tree and dry conditioning are very rare even though most guys have way way more access to dietary drugs and cardio equipment.
    These guys look better than any pro today, easy

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBeef View Post
    These guys look better than any pro today, easy
    ohh no they dont far from it

Banned

lol. not effective, ok shape, not amazing conditioning.

you barely see guys today in that kind of shape. x-mas tree and dry conditioning are very rare even though most guys have way way more access to dietary drugs and cardio equipment.
    They all had great calves also. Arnold calves were plain sick.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Hey Pit! Dont worry about energy levels man the body needs 4-5 days to make the metabolic shift and start burning the fat. You need 30gr of carbs per day which I would recomment to take pre workout. Keep your fatty meals away from the training to lose more fat. Meal before and after better be chicken/white fish green salad type. On the loading day reduce fat and protein and add carbs. The secret is not to exceed the total amount of calories you take in the previous days on the carb up. Supplement always with cal/mag and never cut your salt on this diet.

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    It's also altered how people pose their legs in back shots.
    Old school had the legs closer to each other in an attempt to display calf and hams (unless both feet planted) whilst new school has the legs splayed out with an attempt to display glutes and hams.

I feel that many old schoolers would have shown sharper glutes if they chose to make it a priority in their posing. It wasn't a priority back then. Calfs were.
    D E S T R O Y

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeUK View Post
    It's also altered how people pose their legs in back shots.
    Old school had the legs closer to each other in an attempt to display calf and hams (unless both feet planted) whilst new school has the legs splayed out with an attempt to display glutes and hams.

I feel that many old schoolers would have shown sharper glutes if they chose to make it a priority in their posing. It wasn't a priority back then. Calfs were.
    Aesthetically, I find the wider stance poses used today look terribly awkward.

I like more posing modern style.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12