Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 32

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger On Diet - His Off-season & Pre-contest Diet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Administrator Nate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    noisserped
    Posts
    17,739
    Gender
    Male

    Default Arnold Schwarzenegger On Diet - His Off-season & Pre-contest Diet


  2. #2

    Default

    This is exactly why some of the standards and physique styles of years gone by need to be reintroduced. Copious amounts of steroids and food do not make a pretty or healthy physique.

    A bodybuilder actually SMALLER in the offseason? Absurd!!!!

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    This is exactly why some of the standards and physique styles of years gone by need to be reintroduced. Copious amounts of steroids and food do not make a pretty or healthy physique.

    A bodybuilder actually SMALLER in the offseason? Absurd!!!!
    That is for damn sure lol. Getting smaller for these guys would be a mindfuck that would probably have some committing suicide. I myself wont use any gear (besides my trt) until im dieting. When i diet i use some shit to help retain more muscle and even maybe put some on.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    That is for damn sure lol. Getting smaller for these guys would be a mindfuck that would probably have some committing suicide. I myself wont use any gear (besides my trt) until im dieting. When i diet i use some shit to help retain more muscle and even maybe put some on.
    This is how guys like Levrone, and Heath train for a contest. Phil is known to deflate down for health purposes, because he's already Mr. Olympia. He then grows into a show, and comes in to dominate. It's actually a rather good strategy, because it places less stress on one's health, and prolongs the longevity of a bodybuilder.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    Phil looks small year round, Arnold had the luxury being tall to look epic nomatter the weight flux..
    Levrone could of been even better if he trained all out year round.

    Arnold is the greatest of all times, the godfather of the epic factor

    You fucking donkey. What you said isn't wrong (aside from phil looking small), but is completely irrelevant to what I said.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

  6. #6
    Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Amerika
    Posts
    6,048
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    No pro I can think of in the last 25 years down sized like Arnold in the off season. That being said Arnold was a part time body builder for most of his Olympia career, he did not want to be massive in the off season when doing films. Probably saved his health big time considering.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

  7. #7
    Online Editor Ron Harris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Boston, MA area
    Posts
    72,682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    No pro I can think of in the last 25 years down sized like Arnold in the off season. That being said Arnold was a part time body builder for most of his Olympia career, he did not want to be massive in the off season when doing films. Probably saved his health big time considering.
    Levrone did it too, other than him I can't think of anyone else. I used to see Kevin at 215 or so at 4 months out from the Olympia, then at the O he would be 250 and ripped.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

  8. #8

    Default

    Are a.j and Michael Edwards the same person? The grammar both these donkeys use is very similarly retarded.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

  9. #9
    Juggernaut DerekRJohnson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Still loving Michigan
    Posts
    9,004
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by House. View Post
    Are a.j and Michael Edwards the same person? The grammar both these donkeys use is very similarly retarded.
    Lol...you actually read the garbage which they reply? It reads like they're from a third world country.
    I stop me....no one else does.

  10. #10
    Mass Monster IRON DWARF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Joizy
    Posts
    5,492
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    "Bigger was not better— better was better."

  11. #11
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    277
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    You had to be there
    Posts
    10,484
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stas29 View Post
    Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.
    That method still work great.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stas29 View Post
    Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

  14. #14
    Mass Monster IRON DWARF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Joizy
    Posts
    5,492
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.

    Not as easy as it seems. You will have very little energy for training legs... unless you do it on the weekend.

  15. #15
    Spotter
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    277
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Stas starting next week i am going to go NO carbs during the week and on Saturday, and Sunday i will eat carbs and stuff. I want to see how that goes. I might if anything just have like 25 grams of carbs preworkout that is it.
    Hey Pit! Dont worry about energy levels man the body needs 4-5 days to make the metabolic shift and start burning the fat. You need 30gr of carbs per day which I would recomment to take pre workout. Keep your fatty meals away from the training to lose more fat. Meal before and after better be chicken/white fish green salad type. On the loading day reduce fat and protein and add carbs. The secret is not to exceed the total amount of calories you take in the previous days on the carb up. Supplement always with cal/mag and never cut your salt on this diet.

  16. #16
    Barbarian joshbarnett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    arizona
    Posts
    636

    Default

    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...
    This! The golden era guys had amazing shape, and they never added more mass to ruin that, that's why everyone loved that look. Conditioning wise, they were still behind.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •