Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arnold Schwarzenegger On Diet - His Off-season & Pre-contest Diet

Default Arnold Schwarzenegger On Diet - His Off-season & Pre-contest Diet

This is exactly why some of the standards and physique styles of years gone by need to be reintroduced. Copious amounts of steroids and food do not make a pretty or healthy physique.

A bodybuilder actually SMALLER in the offseason? Absurd!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast In The Basement View Post
    This is exactly why some of the standards and physique styles of years gone by need to be reintroduced. Copious amounts of steroids and food do not make a pretty or healthy physique.

A bodybuilder actually SMALLER in the offseason? Absurd!!!!
    That is for damn sure lol. Getting smaller for these guys would be a mindfuck that would probably have some committing suicide. I myself wont use any gear (besides my trt) until im dieting. When i diet i use some shit to help retain more muscle and even maybe put some on.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    That is for damn sure lol. Getting smaller for these guys would be a mindfuck that would probably have some committing suicide. I myself wont use any gear (besides my trt) until im dieting. When i diet i use some shit to help retain more muscle and even maybe put some on.
    This is how guys like Levrone, and Heath train for a contest. Phil is known to deflate down for health purposes, because he's already Mr. Olympia. He then grows into a show, and comes in to dominate. It's actually a rather good strategy, because it places less stress on one's health, and prolongs the longevity of a bodybuilder.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    Phil looks small year round, Arnold had the luxury being tall to look epic nomatter the weight flux..
    Levrone could of been even better if he trained all out year round.

Arnold is the greatest of all times, the godfather of the epic factor

You fucking donkey. What you said isn't wrong (aside from phil looking small), but is completely irrelevant to what I said.

^ Well your saying its a good strategy, yea but doesn't gain him any fans being small growing into a show..
    unlike Colemen and Cutler who were big year round.. the point is Phil is not epic
    yes it is true Heath is very non epic offseason mode..but You seem to forget his first 3 Olympias dont you think he was the best guyon stage those first 3 years?

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

No pro I can think of in the last 25 years down sized like Arnold in the off season. That being said Arnold was a part time body builder for most of his Olympia career, he did not want to be massive in the off season when doing films. Probably saved his health big time considering.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

^ yes, he was best on stage meaning the least flaws with condition the last 3 years...
    only Wolf could ever challenge him if he reached a high enough level which he has now
    Edwards,we are all rooting for wolf to win but you know very well that they wont let him beat Heath..it is not gonna happend,thats why they dont even alloud them to stand nect to each other,Dont you know the Olympia is fixed well before the show actually starts?
    just loo at marinez vs cutler i 07 or cutler vs ronie n 2001 orth worst off all how flawless nasser lost to a one armed dorian.I am telling you the Olympia is fixed just like Shawn Michaels in the Toronto screwjob or the Brazil kucklo fiasco

yea i know but Wolf,Ramy,Morel,Max,Kuclo and Cedric can have there own Olympia <--- heavy weight epic division
    then the judges can have Phil,Kai,Rhoden in there non epic division
    i gurantee NBC/ABC would want the heavy weight division
    obviously the Heavy weights are always the best.And I have to say kucklo is looking very good.With his contacts I think it is safe to say he is gonna be mr Olympia soon.Dont you think?but what has happentd to evan centopani he has retired?all i have seen lately is his ramblings about some vegetarian batty boy food
    Stay dedicated to what you love , have a pure heart and God will show you the way ...

Are a.j and Michael Edwards the same person? The grammar both these donkeys use is very similarly retarded.

"Bigger was not better— better was better."

Quote Originally Posted by House. View Post
    Are a.j and Michael Edwards the same person? The grammar both these donkeys use is very similarly retarded.
    Lol...you actually read the garbage which they reply? It reads like they're from a third world country.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Spotter

Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Stas29 View Post
    Arnold was ahead of his time. Their diets were so simple yet so effective. They used to eat all kinds of protein sources when they were getting ready for a show and no carbs then they had a free day every week and they would eat icecream and spaghetti.
    That method still work great.

their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...

Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    their diets were not effective...no one had amazing conditioning or shredded glutes. the diets were to get into ok shape and thats about it...
    This! The golden era guys had amazing shape, and they never added more mass to ruin that, that's why everyone loved that look. Conditioning wise, they were still behind.

Quote Originally Posted by joshbarnett View Post
    lol. not effective, ok shape, not amazing conditioning.

you barely see guys today in that kind of shape. x-mas tree and dry conditioning are very rare even though most guys have way way more access to dietary drugs and cardio equipment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast