Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 17 of 19

Thread: CUTLER on PBW: "If I could do it all over again..." (Olympia Preview Series Begins)

  1. #1

    Default CUTLER on PBW: "If I could do it all over again..." (Olympia Preview Series Begins)


    This Week's Broadcast:



    CUTLER on PBW: “If I could do it all over again…” (LISTEN NOW)

    The Olympia Preview Series Begins! - Part 1 of 3


    A tradition continues this week with the return of the annual “Olympia Preview Series”. For the 11th straight year, PBW delivers the expanded 3 part preview as we count down the final days till bodybuilding’s biggest night. – Jay Cutler helps kick off our coverage with a look back at some of the things he might do differently if he could do it all over again....along with his views on bodybuilding's new reality (Plus: The Weekend Report) -- Presented by MD, this episode of PBW is available now!

    Listen Now with MD’s PBW Player: www.MuscularDevelopment.com/pbw
    Courtesy of Advanced Molecular Labs


    More info at www.PBWRadio.com

  2. #2

    Default

    this show is hilarious, so much talk about how awesome Phil is and how Kai has no chance.
    This is getting boring it's the same shit every time.
    you guys seem to forget that Phil has regressed ever since 2011
    propaganda train is out in full force this year as with every other year.
    Last edited by kanon; August 24th, 2015 at 10:13 PM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    this show is hilarious, so much talk about how awesome Phil is and how Kai has no chance.
    This is getting boring it's the same shit every time.
    you guys seem to forget that Phil has regressed ever since 2011
    propaganda train is out in full force this year as with every other year.
    Propaganda? -- I spent 5 minutes in the early part of the show explaining why Kai reminds me of Cutler back in 2003-2005. Reminding everyone that nobody thought Jay would beat Ronnie....just like nobody thinks Kai will beat Phil. -- Jay showed us (and Kai) that anything is possible.

  4. #4

    Default

    Was great Hearing from Jay, he seems to be a well reflected individual at this point in his career. sounds like he's content with where he's at right now

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Solomon View Post
    Propaganda? -- I spent 5 minutes in the early part of the show explaining why Kai reminds me of Cutler back in 2003-2005. Reminding everyone that nobody thought Jay would beat Ronnie....just like nobody thinks Kai will beat Phil. -- Jay showed us (and Kai) that anything is possible.
    rest of the show was spent talking about how Phil has no one to push him for the title, Jay cutler was actually the first one to mention that a lot of people feel Kai should have beaten Phil in 2012. the whole thing seemed rather biased that's all.
    don't get me wrong though, not saying I didn't enjoy the show.

  6. #6

    Default

    The biggest mistake Cutler made was not doing the 2002 Olympia.
    He would have beaten a 247 pound Coleman fairly easily with his
    2001 Olympia, 2002 Iron man or ASC physique.
    The downside would have been getting beat the next year by the 2003
    Coleman.
    Coleman was 275 2 weeks out in phenomenal condition and lost nearly 30
    pounds in 2 weeks trying to replicate his 2001 ASC look. He would have looked insane at
    around 260 but Jay would have taken him in 2002.
    Ronnie 2 weeks out at 275.






  7. #7
    Freak of Nature a.j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    tigerstaden. Oslo Norway
    Posts
    15,393
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Solomon View Post
    Propaganda? -- I spent 5 minutes in the early part of the show explaining why Kai reminds me of Cutler back in 2003-2005. Reminding everyone that nobody thought Jay would beat Ronnie....just like nobody thinks Kai will beat Phil. -- Jay showed us (and Kai) that anything is possible.
    YOU SEEM TO forget history a little bit...Actually most People had jay beating Ronnie all they way back in 2001...The Heath vs kai is nothing at all like jay and Ronnie.There is actually no similarities at all.kAI IS LIKE 7 years older than Heath.Also jay was 1o years younger than Ronnie.

    eVERY BODY KNEW it was just a matter of time before jay was going to beat Ronnie so how you are saying that nobody thaught jay was gonna do it is way way way wrong---I THINK it is strange how a man like you With so much bodybuilding expertize didnt know that???Every body knew it was just a matter of time as the years went Ronnies gut got bigger every year and jay was getting better,...This is comman kgoladse funny how you didnt know that..

    Even though I listen to youre show and enjoy it at times, you People that have been marketing bodybuilding the last 20 years need some New blood,The ifbb is to based on the same People that critic,judge and are around bodybuilding.If you actually listened to the fans worldwide and not only the fans outside the flex Magazine shop, youd realize we the fans are sick and tired of hearing about the kai vs Heath saga-WE DONT WANNA SEE IT OR LISTEN TO IT ANYMORE--DONT you realize most People have rowden,ramy and wolf as way way more probability they are gonna beat Heath than kai???

    PLEASE GET SOME NEW BLOOD AROUND BODYBUILDING AND IN THAT WAY YOURE RATINGS MAY COME UP...
    Last edited by a.j; August 25th, 2015 at 12:29 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by a.j View Post
    YOU SEEM TO forget history a little bit...Actually most People had jay beating Ronnie all they way back in 2001...The Heath vs kai is nothing at all like jay and Ronnie.There is actually no similarities at all.kAI IS LIKE 7 years older than Heath.Also jay was 1o years younger than Ronnie.

    eVERY BODY KNEW it was just a matter of time before jay was going to beat Ronnie so how you are saying that nobody thaught jay was gonna do it is way way way wrong---I THINK it is strange how a man like you With so much bodybuilding expertize didnt know that???Every body knew it was just a matter of time as the years went Ronnies gut got bigger every year and jay was getting better,...This is comman kgoladse funny how you didnt know that..

    Even though I listen to youre show and enjoy it at times, you People that have been marketing bodybuilding the last 20 years need some New blood,The ifbb is to based on the same People that critic,judge and are around bodybuilding.If you actually listened to the fans worldwide and not only the fans outside the flex Magazine shop, youd realize we the fans are sick and tired of hearing about the kai vs Heath saga-WE DONT WANNA SEE IT OR LISTEN TO IT ANYMORE--DONT you realize most People have rowden,ramy and wolf as way way more probability they are gonna beat Heath than kai???

    PLEASE GET SOME NEW BLOOD AROUND BODYBUILDING AND IN THAT WAY YOURE RATINGS MAY COME UP...
    Yes AJ, I'm aware of the obvious differences between Kai and Jay's circumstances. -- My point was simply to remind everyone of a time when fans just assumed the dominant champ would just show up and win. Most people believed if they didn't give it to Cutler in 2001 then they'd probably never give it to him. -- When we arrived for the 2006 OLYMPIA, most everyone assumed that Ronnie was gonna win #9 and break Lee Haney's record. Even Haney himself assumed it would happen. -- The reason I referenced Kai in my "example" is because, unlike the other contenders you mention, Kai is the one who's been finishing 2nd.
    Last edited by Dan Solomon; August 25th, 2015 at 07:42 AM.

  9. #9
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,797
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Dan How about Ramy? He compares very well to Phil great overall shape and super Wide! Will the Judges call them out together?

  10. #10
    Freak of Nature a.j's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    tigerstaden. Oslo Norway
    Posts
    15,393
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Solomon View Post
    Yes AJ, I'm aware of the obvious differences between Kai and Jay's circumstances. -- My point was simply to remind everyone of a time when fans just assumed the dominant champ would just show up and win. Most people believed if they didn't give it to Cutler in 2001 then they'd probably never give it to him. -- When we arrived for the 2006 OLYMPIA, most everyone assumed that Ronnie was gonna win #9 and break Lee Haney's record. Even Haney himself assumed it would happen. -- The reason I referenced Kai in my "example" is because, unlike the other contenders you mention, Kai is the one who's been finishing 2nd.
    well I think you are backpedeling now,, but anyway it does not matter.Even though you are obviously not always right you are very passionate about bodybuilding and that is good.I just wish you guys would stop talking so much about kai .There are plenty off others that deserve the spotlight.The last 4 years all I HAVE HEARD ABOUT is kai vs Heath...every Olympia the same thing kai vs Heath ...It is noot good at all,,,i WISH just for once you guys brought up somebody else or at least say on the air what the hell is going on With the kai grene awfull guestposing videos..HAVE you seen the latest videos????can you imagine a mr Olympia coming out With that mask and jumping around like a idiot??

  11. #11
    Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Holiday, Florida
    Posts
    66,104

    Default

    Ramy cant get lean. He has yet to show up at a show 100% and anything less than 100% at the O will not look good
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

  12. #12
    Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Ciy Hall
    Posts
    22,797
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Ramy cant get lean. He has yet to show up at a show 100% and anything less than 100% at the O will not look good
    True But last year Phil was off on Friday and a less than 100 percent Phil VS a less Ramy who Knows!

  13. #13
    Spotter njphysique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    77
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    This is Ramy's back or break show to come in shape. Only time will tell but if I'm a betting man then I'm going against it to happen. Vegas is all about betting so $100 on non conditioned haha
    Animal brand ambassador

  14. #14
    Behemoth
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,624
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Ramy continues to add size which means he will always have the opportunity to come in shredded.

  15. #15
    Barbarian
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    yorkshire.uk
    Posts
    498
    Gender
    Male

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    Ramy cant get lean. He has yet to show up at a show 100% and anything less than 100% at the O will not look good
    BMC well ive just been out in kuwait training with Big Ramy for a couple of weeks,i think people will be
    shocked as what i witnessed was mind blowing condition.i can see him top 3

  16. #16

    Default

    in the ifbb kai will never win because of his past simple as that...politics are involved and everyone knows that. the whole idea to win you gotta knock out the champ is bullshit..if your better on the day of then your better, period. personally im not a fan by no means of the open division..the 212's are a hell of a lot more exciting....let me also remind that the contest where that chinese guy beat eduardo correa....this is where it gets funny....eduardo was second place in the 212 mr olympia last year, gets beat by the chinese guy WHO WAS BEATEN BY LEE PRIEST in the mr universe at NABBA ...so if lee were to compete CAN he be the 212 mr.olympia or top 2? lol...think about it, ..he beat the guy who beat eduardo and eduardo was 2nd in the mr olympia...
    That's what she said -Michael Scott-

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Solomon View Post
    Propaganda? -- I spent 5 minutes in the early part of the show explaining why Kai reminds me of Cutler back in 2003-2005. Reminding everyone that nobody thought Jay would beat Ronnie....just like nobody thinks Kai will beat Phil. -- Jay showed us (and Kai) that anything is possible.
    NO.
    Jay showed us, and possibly Kai, or someone else... that it's possible to defeat a tired opponent who's ability, physique is regressing not improving. Don't kid yourself in ever thinking Jay beat Ronnie because he was a better bodybuilder overall, he beat Ronnie cause Ronnie regressed. Ronnie kicked Jay's as more than Jay kicked anyone else's.
    Unfortunately for Kai, Phil is too good... and the only way he gets beat is if someone comes along who redefines the perfect physique, thus raising the bar above Heath's level, or if Heath injures himself or comes in so "OFF" that a 2nd placer catches a break.
    Just like Jay caught a break because Ronnies injuries and mileage caught up to him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •