Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Masters competitor wanting to do the new "classic" class in 2016.

Default Masters competitor wanting to do the new "classic" class in 2016.

Hey everyone. whats your opinion on the New "classic" division thats unveiling in 2016. Im in my 25th year competing and I've only competed in bodybuilding for my entire career which has spanned over 100 shows.

Im prepping for my 11th show next weekend but I gotta be honest already looking ahead for next year!! Any interest from other Masters and whats your take on the "short" shorts instead of posing trunks?

20151018_090358.jpg

ok. peak week for me this week. Im competing in Panama City beach (national Q) oct. 24th. this is my 11th show this year and I feel great and trying to give these young guys a run for their money. (turn 49 in Dec.)

Ill post up my progress to my first show in 2016 Classic division. Ill find the soonest one local to me. Im in north Florida Panhandle.

**not sure why pic is sideways -sorry.

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

so in doing research on the new classic bodybuilding division. the question posed was, WHAT would happen if i (ht 5 9) arrived at checkin above my capped wt of 185lbs? the response was A) I would have to the end of checkin to lose the weight needed to reach 185 OR I would or could do Bodybuilding.

In classic Bodybuilding, if you don't make weight, you can't compete Up a class like regular bodybuilding.

http://npcnewsonline.com/classic-physique/

Quote Originally Posted by john puskarich View Post
    so in doing research on the new classic bodybuilding division. the question posed was, WHAT would happen if i (ht 5 9) arrived at checkin above my capped wt of 185lbs? the response was A) I would have to the end of checkin to lose the weight needed to reach 185 OR I would or could do Bodybuilding.

In classic Bodybuilding, if you don't make weight, you can't compete Up a class like regular bodybuilding.

http://npcnewsonline.com/classic-physique/

I wondered what would happen if a person could not make the weight limit. I don't think the NPC believe in refunds/money back.

Quote Originally Posted by nycmil View Post
    I wondered what would happen if a person could not make the weight limit. I don't think the NPC believe in refunds/money back.
    Lol was wondering the same thing

OK. been awhile. lol.
    Im still on track making my Classic debut here in under 4weeks. Ive seen in some shows they lump them all together in one class and some the 3 specified classes.

Im not sure how many classes will be in the show Im doing (Panama city beach fla) but that doesn't concern me anyway. I just want to come in as my best and let the chips fall where they may. Ill post up some progress pics this weekend.

Anyone reading this see or compete yet in class? If so whats your thoughts on this new class?

Little Guy

Haven't figured out how to send you a PM. Did you actually do 11 shows last year? How did your body handle that?