Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can Phil Heath be Beaten? Kevin Levrone, Shawn Ray & Dorian Yates Speak Out

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    That does not seem to be a problem for Kai or Heath, why would be for Compton?

You, enemies of the guts, must stop this shit.
    It's a problem for both of them, especially Kai. His gut is enormous and kills his most muscular most of the time. Heath's gut isn't especially bad, he definitely needs to be careful of coming in like 2014 though.

My main point was guys like Kai and Heath started to blow out their waists after they were already at the top. Compton's still on his way up and it's already looking concerning.
    In the sea of heavy metal, you are plankton.

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    Am I the only person that doesn't care for Compton? What he's accomplished in his career is definitely amazing and he's on the rise, but he's managed to build his gut more than his back. That doesn't seem like a good sign.
    Personally, I think Compton's torso is too short and his limbs are too long. Makes him look awkward in certain shots. And his arms really overpower his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Womanthrower View Post
    It's a problem for both of them, especially Kai. His gut is enormous and kills his most muscular most of the time. Heath's gut isn't especially bad, he definitely needs to be careful of coming in like 2014 though.

My main point was guys like Kai and Heath started to blow out their waists after they were already at the top. Compton's still on his way up and it's already looking concerning.
    I agree that this is a good argument.

But it seems that Compton is working on solving this problem. Roelly has done, and Roelly gut was bigger than Justin.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by miles14r View Post
    Personally, I think Compton's torso is too short and his limbs are too long. Makes him look awkward in certain shots. And his arms really overpower his back.
    You also must be talking about Phil''The Gut" Heath! his shape is so ugly ..just look at his front double biceps pose lmfao! The only 3d about his physique is his Huge BUTT!!!

Compton is awesome but that mid section makes me nervous. He had no abs and a gut at the arnold and he's still really young. i know a lot of people don't care about mid sections at all these days but i'd like him a lot better if he fixed that.

Agree with Kevin about Compton. He just needs to bring that back up to the rest of his physique and keep his gut in check. He is very close to being a serious threat to Phil. Want to see what he brings to the Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    haha yea Heath is now the John Cena of the IFBB.. even if Cedric improves his quads and condition i don't think they would give him the title so the best he could hope for is probably top 3 but he should go for it..he has my support

i don't get how Wolf came in so off this year,very depressing knowing Heath could of beaten easily if Wolf just looked like 2013!
    Ramy must get our full support, he had epic posing routine this year but still needs the condition and seperation to challenge top 2
    You mean a 2007 Mr. O Dennis Wolf!!!! He should have won that year. Look who beat him: 1.)Cutler(he always had a supreme left side, but his right side is subpar. Look at all his pictures!) 2.)Martinez(They had the same good condition, but Wolf dwarfed him!) 3.)Dexter(way too small, Wolf dwarfed him too!!) 4.)Ronnie(looked worse than 2006! Enough said!) Wolf cannot regain that look, not because he doesn't work hard enough, but because it's physically impossible for him to do it!! His time was before 2010. Now he looks ok, but it's his popularity that he has going for him. Ramy is going to work with Aceto, supposedly. Watch what he does, as long as the owner of that Oxygen gym doesn't fuck it up for him. He will have Ramy down to around 285lbs roughly & that will beat a Phil. But I also agree with Kevin that Justin is a diamond in the rough!! He will be number one some day. Don't know about Dallas tho, he looks great but at his height it takes so much to become a Ronnie or a Yates when your over 6 foot tall. 5'11-6'0 is the perfect height to be enormous and come in dry, hard & full. But I know people say well what about Gunter?? Negative!!! He was 300lbs, but he wasn't no Ronnie or Dorian!! Yeah he beat Ronnie but everybody knows that was horseshit!!!! Publicity stunt or whatever the fuck they did that for, it was a travesty & to beat that mans run of wins for some dumb ass shit was pathetic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    Big Ramy is close.. he stepped up his epic posing .. now just needs the condition and to get the seperation in the quads
    Wolf we will see if he can come back strong...
    Cedric has everything but the 4% more quads and 3% more condition along with 5% stronger mindset
    I disagree, Big Ramy is not that close, yea, like you said, he has the mass, but, again he does not seem to want to, or maybe, he cannot get that super condition that he needs to truly be an elite level bodybuilder.
    If you have a second or two, check this out http://www.howtobuildmusclenaturally.com

Shawn Ray
    "History has shown us that anyone can be beaten, including the very best in our sport. Arnold, with his seven Mr. Olympia titles, was beaten by the “The Myth” Sergio Oliva. Lee Haney, with eight Mr. Olympia titles, was beaten by “The Lion of Lebanon,” Samir Bannout, in 1983. King Dorian Yates was beaten by “TotaLee Awesome” Lee Haney in 1991. Ronnie Coleman was beaten by the entire Mr. Olympia lineup in Helsinki, Finland in 1992, to finish dead last before ultimately dominating the stage with eight consecutive titles. Later, Ronnie was beaten by four-time Mr. Olympia runner-up, Jay Cutler, in 2005. Even then, the young Jay Cutler could only muster up three Mr. Olympia titles before getting beaten by Dexter “The Blade” Jackson, whom he would get revenge on the following year in 2009, when Jay took his title back one last time. Even four-time Mr. Olympia champion Phil Heath was beaten twice in his first three Mr. Olympia appearances, placing third, fifth and second, before becoming the reigning four-time champion."

Common guys nobody noticed that or even read??
    Seriously???? Shawn wrote that or some ghost writer did?? How can he forget the history of bodybuilding??
    Why so Serious?

Dorian Yates
    Can Phil be beaten? Yes, of course he can. Anybody can get beaten if they are off by a wide enough margin. Phil was clearly off his best last year. The only issue here is that there doesn’t seem to be anyone else currently competing who is good enough to make up that gap when Phil is just a little bit off. For a while, I thought Kai Greene might be that man, especially if he were to come in with a level of dryness and hardness like he’s never shown before. But at this point, I think it’s safe to say Kai isn’t interested in doing that. Shawn Rhoden could have a legitimate chance of beating Phil if he were to gain 15-20 pounds in his upper body while maintaining his small waist. I’m not sure that’s possible for him to do at this stage, given his age and the amount of muscle he’s already added over the years.
    Some people ask me if I think Dennis Wolf can beat Heath … absolutely not. Structurally, he just has too many weak points that make that nearly impossible. His lats insert high, and there’s nothing he can ever do to change that. From the front, he looks fantastic. When he turns around, the lack of mass in his mid and lower back is impossible to ignore. There is also the issue of his calves. One is very small, and the other one is almost nonexistent due to what seems to be nerve damage. Phil Heath is too complete for someone like Dennis to beat. Aside from his clavicles being a little on the narrow side compared to someone like Wolf, Phil has no real weak points. His chest, delts, back, arms, quads, hams, calves– it’s all there. And his muscle bellies are all full and round, which gives him a look the other guys just can’t march.
    The guy a lot of people lately seem to think has the best chance at beating Phil is Big Ramy. He sure is enormous, but not as complete as Phil. Ramy still needs more back and calves. Far more of an issue is his lack of deep, clear muscle separation and detail. It’s only been a couple of years since he’s been a pro, but I haven’t seen any improvement in that area. Perhaps it’s somehow related to the way he added all that size in such a short time, as reported. Not knowing his regimen and what he’s done, that’s pure speculation. But the fact remains that Phil destroys Ramy in the detail department, and being Mr. Olympia means having the best total package. Just being the biggest guy up there won’t cut it.
    It’s all well and good to imagine someone else could win the 2016 Mr. Olympia except Phil. Any time you have the same champion for years and years in a row, it’s not quite as interesting anymore. And you also will have plenty of fans who want to see a new champion. After Haney, me and Ronnie had each won a few titles, a certain contingent among the fans turned against us and started rooting for their favorite underdog instead. That’s how it’s always been. But the judges base their decisions on what they see in front of them onstage that day. For now, I don’t feel any of the challengers can conceivably beat Phil unless he somehow comes in looking truly awful.

Absolutely on point 100% agree, now which phil hater would say that Dorian is a Phil's fanboy ??
    Why so Serious?

LOL, Kevin Levrone sounds like he is the one behind Ronnie's 8 Sandows, KL in the house baby..

its not Phil's fault that nobody challenges him, he destroys every challenger, unlike past Olympia champs he never come off except for 2014 Pre-judging, the only other champion with this kind of consistency was Lee Haney..
    Of course Phil is beatable, it can be happen during next 1-4 years.. for me strong contenders are Big Ramy, Cedric McMillan, Justin Compton & Dallas McCraver..
    Why so Serious?

Quote Originally Posted by xxbillyxx View Post
    Seriously???? Shawn wrote that or some ghost writer did?? How can he forget the history of bodybuilding??
    I had noticed these mistakes but I forgot to mention
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Phil is smart. Always ahead of the curve. I think he retires BEFORE everyone else catches him.
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashRob.com View Post
    Phil is smart. Always ahead of the curve. I think he retires BEFORE everyone else catches him.
    Yup def agree ... I think he'll leave on top when he sees someone coming for him -he's smart
    " Utah! Get me two! "

Quote Originally Posted by xxbillyxx View Post
    Shawn Ray
    "History has shown us that anyone can be beaten, including the very best in our sport. Arnold, with his seven Mr. Olympia titles, was beaten by the “The Myth” Sergio Oliva. Lee Haney, with eight Mr. Olympia titles, was beaten by “The Lion of Lebanon,” Samir Bannout, in 1983. King Dorian Yates was beaten by “TotaLee Awesome” Lee Haney in 1991. Ronnie Coleman was beaten by the entire Mr. Olympia lineup in Helsinki, Finland in 1992, to finish dead last before ultimately dominating the stage with eight consecutive titles. Later, Ronnie was beaten by four-time Mr. Olympia runner-up, Jay Cutler, in 2005. Even then, the young Jay Cutler could only muster up three Mr. Olympia titles before getting beaten by Dexter “The Blade” Jackson, whom he would get revenge on the following year in 2009, when Jay took his title back one last time. Even four-time Mr. Olympia champion Phil Heath was beaten twice in his first three Mr. Olympia appearances, placing third, fifth and second, before becoming the reigning four-time champion."

What are you pointing out?

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post
    Cutler didn't beat ronnie in 05 it was 06

Quote Originally Posted by chick View Post

WTF, am I the only one with good memory ???

ok let me refresh your memory, That whole sentence is wrong, Jay didn't won in 2005 its 2006, he didn't won 3 sandows straight, he won 2 then loss to Dexter, then he won back in 2009 & in 2010 also..
    Why so Serious?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast