Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Haney Interview Part 2 - Bodybuilding Legends Show

Default Lee Haney Interview Part 2 - Bodybuilding Legends Show

Check out the Lee Haney Interview, Part 2 on FloridaPhysique.com - http://www.floridaphysique.com/#!bodybuilding-legends---lee-haney-part-tw/cj0
    For a sneak preview of the Lee Haney Interview, click here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lYGmWdLYGM
    Attached Images Attached Images

Another great interview John!
    Thanks.
    1st place at the MW class at the NPC Tim Gardner Extravaganza Tampa, FL.

You're welcome, glad you liked it!

This has to be the best one out amongst the other gems you've produced..

felt like it was yesterday I was at the '84 Mr. O.

I remember I started weight training my first yr and went down to the ticket box office to purchase my tkts to the pre-judging and finals at the Felt Forum in MSG.. tkts were 30 bucks PJ and 50 for the finals.

I remember going down to the front stage and watching him kneel and pray with his wife after winning the Sandow.. awesome moment.

The posing round is what I miss the most back in those days.. actual posing routines that were judged. They need to bring that back.

Great stuff John, especially the rare footage you put in..

2 thumbs up! Thanks again John!
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

Thank you Dave, glad you guys are enjoying these interviews as much as I am!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    John where do you rank Haney all time.. i mark him 4th behind Arnold,Colemen and Yates.. just ahead of Cutler
    Hard to say, I guess it depends on if you like the extreme size of the last couple of decades or the more symmetrical, classic physique of the '70's and '80's. I prefer the classic, symmetrical physiques so I would
    put Arnold first and Haney second.

Banned

John where do you rank Haney all time.. i mark him 4th behind Arnold,Colemen and Yates.. just ahead of Cutler
    No offense, but Lee should be ranked right in 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by KINic View Post
    No offense, but Lee should be ranked right in 2nd.
    I agree.

Great interview john looking for foward for the vince taylor interview

Nicely done John!
    Lee is a Stud!

Strength & Honor!

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

In my book, lee Haney will ALWAYS be the greatest Mr. O EVER!! Ronnie was freakier but Lee had an unreal shape for a guy THAT big! Tiny waist and could pose too! Always used real powerful music! The routine at the 1991 O was a perfect ending to his career!
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

1. Arnold
    2. Haney
    3. Sergio
    4. Coleman
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    In my book, lee Haney will ALWAYS be the greatest Mr. O EVER!! Ronnie was freakier but Lee had an unreal shape for a guy THAT big! Tiny waist and could pose too! Always used real powerful music! The routine at the 1991 O was a perfect ending to his career!
    That was my favorite part of the interview, where he talks about his posing, how he picked the music for each routine and just how important presentation was. And how about that posing routine from Makkawy at the '84 Olympia? Wow, I still get goosebumps watching that 30 years later.

John, any chance you can get the Magical Egyptian?

You know who I'm talking about lol..

would love to hear him and his training with Vince Gironda and his posing style.
    IFBB PRO- ​Darkwire.. from ICELAND..lmaooo

if you are from the 80's era i could see why you would rank Haney so high..
    i grew up during the mass monster era so i have to rank them as i saw the high achievment Colemen and Yates reached with mass and condition
    I have an old Muscle Builder magazine in which Arnold says that he limited his stage weight to about 235 pounds because that was the weight where his physique was still very aesthetic and pleasing along
    with having enough muscle mass. Zane, Labrada and Paris all thought along the same lines but to hear Arnold talk like that, it really shows how different bodybuilding was back in the '70's and '80's. Haney
    also mentioned that he worked hard to build 2-3 pounds of muscle each year because he wanted the muscle to go in the right places and he wanted to keep his waist small. Somewhere along the line, we lost
    that emphasis on the aesthetic appeal (as well as the posing) and bodybuilding went from a sport in which they were looking for the perfect physique to a freak show in which they were looking for the most mass
    combined with conditioning. Once you go past a certain size, the aesthetics and shape of the physique are compromised, even if the bodybuilder is ripped and rock hard. It's too bad they lost that aesthetic ideal because
    the physiques were much better (not bigger but better) in the '70's and '80's.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

I think the last year where guys looked great was the 1992 Olympia. Other than Momo nobody had a distended belly. Look at how small Shawn, Labrada, Cotrell and even Yates wasit looked. Come 1993 when Dorian changed his look, guys all started to get heavier and heavier in the off season. Guys would hit 300lbs and eat HUGE amounts of food to get that mass at all cost look.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast