Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dorian Yates' 12 Rules for Building Muscle

Default Dorian Yates' 12 Rules for Building Muscle

Banned

good article, I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    agree with all your rules brother
    except for #3.. i think when your younger in the age range from 23-30 you should be doing a ton of sets
    age 30-40 you can scale down the workouts to concentrate mainly on your weaknesses
    i did it the opposite way! very little sets when i was young many sets now.

I agree with ALL of those especially dont do exercises your body isnt suited for.
    "Anyone can speak english when in might get you a little strange lol"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    thats why you need 10,000mg of test now
    i never used more than 2000 and i am on far less now.....

Great article. Dorian is the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    I agree with ALL of those especially dont do exercises your body isnt suited for.
    Agree. I cant do flat bench without hurting my left shoulder for the life of me. I have stubbornly tried it on several occasions with each time really fking up my shoulder having to take some time off. Its definitely NOT because of form because I'm a stickler for form. I never compromise it for weight. Another is free weight squats. I have narrow hips and it doesnt work for me. Dorian is my favorite for a reason.

Basic and simple, train hard and get plenty of rest.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
    Agree. I cant do flat bench without hurting my left shoulder for the life of me. I have stubbornly tried it on several occasions with each time really fking up my shoulder having to take some time off. Its definitely NOT because of form because I'm a stickler for form. I never compromise it for weight. Another is free weight squats. I have narrow hips and it doesnt work for me. Dorian is my favorite for a reason.
    Why bother unless you're a powerlifter? You don't NEED flat bench or free bar squats. That's just meathead b.s.

LOL @ taking every set to failure and eating every 2-3 hours. This hardcore nonsense is the reason why many people quit lifting or they go full OCD making their life a chicken breast/rice-every-3-hours-misery.

Quote Originally Posted by stingray23 View Post
    Me too sir and my back found that out the hard way, especially just recently lol. No more squats for me period.

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
    LOL @ taking every set to failure and eating every 2-3 hours. This hardcore nonsense is the reason why many people quit lifting or they go full OCD making their life a chicken breast/rice-every-3-hours-misery.
    To a degree you are right but on the other side depending on what level you are at and if it has just become routine then its just fine. I do this and have been doing this and im fine and love every second of it. ON the other hand, when i am not on a specific program the eating is not as strict.

Eh, you see it as misery, others see it as doing what it takes to look they way they really want to look. To each his own. A lot of guys in gyms eat whatever they want without worrying about it much, drink every weekend, and are very content being bigger and stronger than the average guy. Others aren't satisfied with that.
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

Meal frequency is a personal preference, you DON'T HAVE TO eat every 2-3 hours to look the way you really want to look. Even drugs don't change the way our digestive system work.

Increased meal frequency does not stoke your metabolism, this myth has been beaten down and to death.

6 meals a day was introduced as a bodybuilding advanced diet. Pro bb'ers needed more cals and realized this would be an easier and more practical way to do it, at the end of the day, eating every 3 hours is not going to have any biological benefits.

The only thing that matter is whether daily nutritional requirements were consistently met or not.

Whether those calories were split up 3x daily or 10x daily is of far less importance.

Meal frequency is a personal preference, you DON'T HAVE TO eat every 2-3 hours to look the way you really want to look. Even drugs don't change the way our digestive system work.

Increased meal frequency does not stoke your metabolism, this myth has been beaten down and to death.

6 meals a day was introduced as a bodybuilding advanced diet. Pro bb'ers needed more cals and realized this would be an easier and more practical way to do it, at the end of the day, eating every 3 hours is not going to have any biological benefits.

The only thing that matter is whether daily nutritional requirements were consistently met or not.

Whether those calories were split up 3x daily or 10x daily is of far less importance.

Agree. My digestion was far better when I ate less frequently. Forcing food down when you're not hungry is tough on digestion.

If you train hard enough, your hunger will dictate your meal size and frequency. Plus, food tastes better when you're truly hungry.

If you are big, you need to eat more than the average, and you need to do 5-6 meals. But if you have great digestion and lack of time, you can eat 3 meals always you take energy and protein that you need.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pitbull9 View Post
    Me too sir and my back found that out the hard way, especially just recently lol. No more squats for me period.
    THIS!!! Do all my squats on a smith with a wide stance. Free bar squats wrecked my hips. Ive NEVER been a good squatter or comfortable with it. Same with flat bench presses.
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs