Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: RMB's Training Journal And Progress Pics

Heavy deads man
    I only wish to lift that 😊

Quote Originally Posted by Frandeman View Post
    Heavy deads man
    I only wish to lift that 
    And I wish I had your physique this summer lol. Swap?
    Confirm what I already know

No..
    I train for looks no for strength lol
    Stick to it.. 6 Weeks diet before summer you will look good mate

Quote Originally Posted by Frandeman View Post
    No..
    I train for looks no for strength lol
    Stick to it.. 6 Weeks diet before summer you will look good mate
    Ha ha wise choice.

I'm concentrating on mass at the moment (or lack of it) so diet is not as important this year. Just want to lose the belly.

Chest 1

Decline barbell bench.

Few more reps than last week not worth reporting. Personal battle going on with it.

Shoulders

1. One arm db overhead press (standing)

2. Shrugs up to 315

4. Barbell overhead press (standing)

5. Side laterals

6. Upright rows

Cooked.

Triceps

1. Pushdowns up to 30kg for 17,18

2. French curls up to 30kgs for 17,17

3. One arm DB ext for 15, 10.

Elbow wrecking fun.

Nice work on the shrugs and variety of movements. How many sets do you usually hit per exercise? Didnt see that part listed. Weight and reps is irrelevant aslong as youre pushing your limits. I see you pyramided on trap bar deads. Thats basically what I do on most movements. I find that taking my sets to failure I end up hitting a huge spectrum of different rep ranges. Of course reps start off super high and get lower toward the top of the pyramid. A newer thing I started doing was , for the descent down the pyramid, dropset that shit down the stack or stripping weight, etc. No rest just to kill off that exercise and move on to the next. Its a nice time saver and way to cram in more volume, since you wont be fresh and hitting any records at that stage anyway. So I like to just get that work over with.

I was very trap dominant for a number of years training in the beginning. Similiar to how it appears you are with arms. Thats why I said that I think your arms will be a stand out part down the road. My traps turned out to be one of my best parts. It looked fucked up for a while because I had traps standing out and very little development everywhere else. Everything else just grew WAY slower.

Now my traps are kind of neutered to how they became later. I cant train traps directly anymore without major issues. What really brought up my traps was, I used do 12 sets of shrug work twice a week. They go well after a full back routine, but can be done whenever really. I just wouldnt hit them prior to a big bodypart or main bodypart. They can be trained very frequently, but that worked very well for me to really blow them up. Pyramiding up to super heavy weights. Just making sure that you get enough movement to feel the traps. I used straps back then and would need them to use that type of weight, if I did , even now.

Good to see you KILLIN THAT SHIT . KEEP SHIT DEAD !!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Nice work on the shrugs and variety of movements. How many sets do you usually hit per exercise? Didnt see that part listed. Weight and reps is irrelevant aslong as youre pushing your limits. I see you pyramided on trap bar deads. Thats basically what I do on most movements. I find that taking my sets to failure I end up hitting a huge spectrum of different rep ranges. Of course reps start off super high and get lower toward the top of the pyramid. A newer thing I started doing was , for the descent down the pyramid, dropset that shit down the stack or stripping weight, etc. No rest just to kill off that exercise and move on to the next. Its a nice time saver and way to cram in more volume, since you wont be fresh and hitting any records at that stage anyway. So I like to just get that work over with.

I was very trap dominant for a number of years training in the beginning. Similiar to how it appears you are with arms. Thats why I said that I think your arms will be a stand out part down the road. My traps turned out to be one of my best parts. It looked fucked up for a while because I had traps standing out and very little development everywhere else. Everything else just grew WAY slower.

Now my traps are kind of neutered to how they became later. I cant train traps directly anymore without major issues. What really brought up my traps was, I used do 12 sets of shrug work twice a week. They go well after a full back routine, but can be done whenever really. I just wouldnt hit them prior to a big bodypart or main bodypart. They can be trained very frequently, but that worked very well for me to really blow them up. Pyramiding up to super heavy weights. Just making sure that you get enough movement to feel the traps. I used straps back then and would need them to use that type of weight, if I did , even now.

Good to see you KILLIN THAT SHIT . KEEP SHIT DEAD !!
    I'm pretty aware of what my body can take in terms of exercise volume, with being nattie and being mid forties. That cuts down the exercises from say six per body part in a session to maybe one big compound and a lesser one or three isolations another time. It would be easy to overdo it and break down rather than build.

Everything is guaged to warming up the joints so the pyramid up is regular business.

What I am doing though is low reps in the 3-8 for my compounds rather than the old way I did of going from 8-12 and only raising the weight when I got easy 12's.

I need to break new ground this time, a new envelope completely so raising my strength by sheer banging it is one way, then I'll probably take a season of higher reps.

It's risky and hard on the joints but fuck it's either stay the same of try and break a wall down.

I did drop sets of DB rows which is a new thing for me. I can see more drop sets being used if I'm still not getting on.

Back 1

Chins - 51 (6,6,6,5,5,5,5,5,4,4) at bw 249lbs

Warmed up with one handed pulldowns sitting straight to side of chest. Really felt them in my lats, will use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by RMB View Post
    I'm pretty aware of what my body can take in terms of exercise volume, with being nattie and being mid forties. That cuts down the exercises from say six per body part in a session to maybe one big compound and a lesser one or three isolations another time. It would be easy to overdo it and break down rather than build.

Everything is guaged to warming up the joints so the pyramid up is regular business.

What I am doing though is low reps in the 3-8 for my compounds rather than the old way I did of going from 8-12 and only raising the weight when I got easy 12's.

I need to break new ground this time, a new envelope completely so raising my strength by sheer banging it is one way, then I'll probably take a season of higher reps.

It's risky and hard on the joints but fuck it's either stay the same of try and break a wall down.

I did drop sets of DB rows which is a new thing for me. I can see more drop sets being used if I'm still not getting on.

Sounds like a good plan. Building strength always pays off for adding new muscle. I tend to gain strength way before size but it all works together.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Beast View Post
    Sounds like a good plan. Building strength always pays off for adding new muscle. I tend to gain strength way before size but it all works together.

KEEP KILLIN THAT SHIT !!
    Yep, I have limited options so banging on seems as good as any. No finesse.

Back today. Maybe a little more width but I could just have hit the pose better....

P1240894-002.jpg

If I see improvement over the next couple of weeks I'm going into overdrive on it.

Great session!

1. Incline barbell press. 7's instead of 6's and two extra sets. Small advance but welcome.

2. One arm lat pulldowns. I LOVE these. Done with a stirrup handle you can have the hand in any plane and you feel it directly in your outer lat beneath the armpit. You can also get the last reps as slow as fuck and grind them out. Reckon these will help me widen out.

Nice work on the strength increase. Thats always a measure of progress.

KILL THAT SHIT

Good job man, you've been very consistent. Keep doing your thing

Also, incorporate some close grip pullups too... I don't think I've seen you post any of those yet. I stayed consistent with pullups for a while and eventually got to where I can just keep on repping out with them now. Maybe 1 day of wide grip pullups and the next time close grip. It should help thicken your lats up

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast