Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: David, Kenny & Callie Talk Judging The Posing Round | Geard Up Gathering of the Good Guys

Default David, Kenny & Callie Talk Judging The Posing Round | Geard Up Gathering of the Good Guys

Last edited by David Baye; January 22nd, 2016 at 12:27 AM.

Just watched the video to that journey song separate ways on youtube…..It's fucking hilarious.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bigdealbaby View Post
    Just watched the video to that journey song separate ways on youtube…..It's fucking hilarious.
    Its a fuckin classic!!!

My ego is strong, I understood the video, lol, Kenny speaks easy English for my ears.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

What was the video about? Was pretty focused on Bundy.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Here's a couple ideas. Mandate and enforce a min/max routine time limit. Mandate certain poses that have to be incorporated into the routine and mandate/enforce a minimum amount of poses that have to be hit. That will help create less dancing and more posing during the routine. As far as type of poses, enforce the incorporation of certain mandatories along with certain twisting type poses...and then their own spin on what else they want to add for entertainment value. Kinda like gymnastic routines....they have certain ones they have to incorporate.

Callie; Kai or Cedric?
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Quote Originally Posted by DerekRJohnson View Post
    Here's a couple ideas. Mandate and enforce a min/max routine time limit. Mandate certain poses that have to be incorporated into the routine and mandate/enforce a minimum amount of poses that have to be hit. That will help create less dancing and more posing during the routine. As far as type of poses, enforce the incorporation of certain mandatories along with certain twisting type poses...and then their own spin on what else they want to add for entertainment value. Kinda like gymnastic routines....they have certain ones they have to incorporate.
    Aren't the competitors already limited to 3 minutes for their routines? I was also under the impression that they already had to hit all of the mandatories during their routine, at least back when the posing round was judged.

Quote Originally Posted by miles14r View Post
    Aren't the competitors already limited to 3 minutes for their routines? I was also under the impression that they already had to hit all of the mandatories during their routine, at least back when the posing round was judged.
    article 17 – Finals: Assessing of Round 3
    17.1 Round 3 will be assessed using the following criteria:
    1. In the Finals, the judges will be assessing each competitor on how well they displaytheir physique to music. The judge will look for a smooth, artistic, and well-choreographedroutine which may include any number of poses; however, the mandatory poses must beincluded. The competitor must also include intermittent pauses so as to display themuscular development of his physique. “Moon” poses and pulling the posing attire so asto display the top inside of the quadriceps or the gluteus maximus shall be strictlyforbidden.
    2. The judges are reminded that, during this round, they are judging 50% physique and50% routine.
    Article 18 – Finals: The Awarding Ceremony
    18.1 Awarding Ceremony:
    The top 6 finalists will be called onstage to take part in the award ceremony. The Master ofCeremonies will announce the number, name and country of the competitor in 6th place andwill continue to the competitor in the 1
    st place.
    The President of the IFBB, or the top IFBB official at the contests, accompanied by theother official(s) invited by him to take part in this Ceremony, will present the IFBB Medalsand/or trophies to the winners.
    The national anthem (short version) of the country of the 1st place winner will be playedimmediately following his receipt of the 1st place award(s).
    After the national anthem, the finalists are obliged to remain onstage for a brief period oftime for photographic purposes, and to follow the IFBB Chief Judge or Stage Director

Yes, what I mentioned is in the rules, but it doesn't seem like they're being "enforced", as I had stated. Doesn't seem like all competitors are following the rule of including ALL mandatory poses...maybe just the way I see it. Rules/policies mean shit when they're not being enforced on a continuous basis.

Article 15 – Finals: Presentation of Round 3 (Posing Routines)
    15.1 Procedures:
    Round 3 will immediately follow Round 2. Round 3 will proceed as follows:

1. Each of the top 6 finalists, in numerical order, will perform an individual posing routineto music of his choice, up to a maximum of 60 seconds. This round will be scored.
    2. The use of props is prohibited.
    3. The attire for Round 3 is posing trunks, which must conform to the same criteria as forthe other rounds (see Article 6).

What's your take on what I've underlined? This is all taking off the IFBB's website.

Article 15 – Finals: Presentation of Round 3 (Posing Routines)
    15.1 Procedures:
    Round 3 will immediately follow Round 2. Round 3 will proceed as follows:

1. Each of the top 6 finalists, in numerical order, will perform an individual posing routineto music of his choice, up to a maximum of 60 seconds. This round will be scored.
    2. The use of props is prohibited.
    3. The attire for Round 3 is posing trunks, which must conform to the same criteria as forthe other rounds (see Article 6).

What's your take on what I've underlined? This is all taking off the IFBB's website.
    I'm not happy about them cutting the routines down to 60 seconds, that doesn't give the competitors much time to create a really good routine, I feel that they will come off rushed. As for judging 50% physique/50% presentation...I highly doubt that they're going to follow that rule to a T since that could have a major impact on placings.

Quote Originally Posted by miles14r View Post
    I'm not happy about them cutting the routines down to 60 seconds, that doesn't give the competitors much time to create a really good routine, I feel that they will come off rushed. As for judging 50% physique/50% presentation...I highly doubt that they're going to follow that rule to a T since that could have a major impact on placings.
    Please note, that these rules are from 2014. That's the latest and greatest that came up from my search. I'm confused about the 60 seconds. Seems like that would be more of the prejudging free posing round....even though it's shown in the "finals" section. As far as the 50/50 part, if it's not being used for judging that round, then why still have it in the rules? Who knows, maybe I'm reading into it wrong.

See, if I type in 2016 IFBB rules, the link that I've copied/pasted these from, is what comes up. Which is again, from 2014.
    image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by David Baye View Post
    Its a fuckin classic!!!
    Old mate on the keyboard was so into it he was playing it on the side of a building! ha.

See, if I type in 2016 IFBB rules, the link that I've copied/pasted these from, is what comes up. Which is again, from 2014.
    image.jpg
    What was the video about? Was pretty focused on Bundy.
    Hahaha well A few things but for me it was about my posing song, I am a real American, patriotic speedo & a football toss

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Callie; Kai or Cedric?
    Baye asked me, did you the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

Guys just need to put a decent effort into posing as they are professionals!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast