Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dying to Get Big - The Dangers Associated with PED Use

Default Dying to Get Big - The Dangers Associated with PED Use

Freak of Nature

Natty king~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by B-Neva View Post
    Natty king~~~~~
    No will needed. You're going to live forever man...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael_Edwards View Post
    it is important for youngsters to have access to learning material so they can make the proper decisions
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

The guys on here that use the juice don't want to hear of any bad side effects with PED's. They turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to anyone saying anything bad about the "juice".
    1700 years ago, supermen walked on earth. They called themselves Goths.

Banned

drugs are bad....mmk

Forum Leader: No Bull mayor of bodybuilding's Avatar

It comes down to how much are you willing to risk versus the reward!

So hold on wait a second, what this article is saying is that if I take PED there is a chance I can be big like my idols!?

What real BB has gotten bigger from ecdysteriods? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Beachbody45 View Post
    The guys on here that use the juice don't want to hear of any bad side effects with PED's. They turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to anyone saying anything bad about the "juice".
    I agree, but it's the same thing with smokers and the same thing with people that are more than an "occasional drinker". People are always going to make their own decisions and all we can do as a society, is continue to educate. Educate the younger ones and hopefully get them to learn that you can do this with much less AAS use....for those who have decided they're going to use.
    I stop me....no one else does.

Forum Leader: 18 and Over bigmikecox's Avatar

As you age, you realize that living is pretty cool! LOL It does make you wonder sometimes what will happen when you are older. But are steroids more dangerous than cigarettes?
    SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY
    2016 NBA Champs...Cleveland Cavs

Quote Originally Posted by bigmikecox View Post
    As you age, you realize that living is pretty cool!
    Some think just the opposite, as you age living is more shit.
    «Humanity has been led by failures.»

Yes live changes, your body does not have the energy/recovery anymore like when you are young, even in my early/mid 40s I was still full of energy but you hit your 50s and man it sucks, all the issues, this hurts, that hurts, weird feelings you never had, you can't tolerate stress so much anymore and and and, YES being young is awesome ! Looking back and seeing how many friends I have lost and imagine would be dead too now because of crazy drug mounts, nah, I try to enjoy live as much as possible and I still have a pretty decent body for 55. My priorities are not in Bodybuilding anymore but I could not stand having no muscles! I will train till I die, whenever that day comes, would love to die in the GYm, doing what I loved the most since 38 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beti ona View Post
    Some think just the opposite, as you age living is more shit.

Moderation and taking breaks from PEDs. That's the key. As you get older the breaks mean TRT with 100 mg/w or whatever gets you in mid-range normal.

I remember John Romano's speech on "Where are the bodies" in Bigger Stronger Faster, and it took less than half a decade for bodies to start piling up. Did people really think carrying an extra 70-120 lbs of muscle is good for your organs (more specifically heart), bones/ligaments, and digestive tract?

I'm forever cursed to be a/love bodybuilder. But when you take a step back, and notice the amount of work that we put in to look like comic book characters; it would boggle any rational person's mind. All most of us can hope to do is to minimize the damage by taking precautions BEFORE the damage takes place.
    Being a champion in any field means pushing the boundaries of society

Quote Originally Posted by House. View Post
    I remember John Romano's speech on "Where are the bodies" in Bigger Stronger Faster, and it took less than half a decade for bodies to start piling up. Did people really think carrying an extra 70-120 lbs of muscle is good for your organs (more specifically heart), bones/ligaments, and digestive tract?

I'm forever cursed to be a/love bodybuilder. But when you take a step back, and notice the amount of work that we put in to look like comic book characters; it would boggle any rational person's mind. All most of us can hope to do is to minimize the damage by taking precautions BEFORE the damage takes place.
    Exactly. Could say the same thing for life in general really. Nearly 40% (!) of U.S. men and women will, at some point in their lives, develop cancer. 10% of the population is diabetic...38% is prediabetic. Then of course there's heart disease. Genetics matter but there is undoubtedly a lifestyle component related to all of these diseases. Statistically, the odds are pretty bad. We'd all be smart to practice prevention as much as possible. And if a person is going to do something that is obviously not going to HELP their health (like PED use), all the MORE reason to try and minimize damage.

i look to the BBers from the 70s and early 80s. The general consensus from people that actually think about these things is that PED use was less aggressive and long periods of PED abstinence were used. Most of these guys are still around and most are in their late 60s, 70s and 80s. So, extrapolating wildly here, seemingly, moderation in these things can lead to a normal life span in a majority of individuals. Zane is still alive, Arnold is still alive, Franco is still alive, Ferrigno is still alive, Waller is still alive, Draper is still alive, Robbie is still alive, etc.. etc..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast